main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battledroid with reverence for the Jedi

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by On_Your_Six, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. On_Your_Six

On_Your_Six Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2005
    Haven't seen a topic posted on this particular guy yet, and I personally thought it was funny.

In Episode 3 after being captured in the hallways of the Invisible Hand, Anakin, Obi Wan and the Chancellor are brought before Grievous. Watch the battledroid who relieved Anakin and Obi Wan of their lightsabers, it seems (from it's mannerisms, of which I think there were two particularly good examples.) to hold a certain amount of reverence for the Jedi (cautiously stepping around Obi Wan), and yet he's completely insolent towards Grievous when Grievous snatches the sabers from him. I just thought this was interesting and funny, but any comments as to why this would be? (purely for discussion sake, so mostly, why respect for the Jedi and yet disrespect for Grievous).

2. skgai1

skgai1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2005
    To me this showed how the droids were failing. They were becoming arrogant "Excuse me," and uncontrollable. No wonder the Emperor knew the clones were the better way to go. The droids had so many weaknesses, but the clones had much fewer. Every droid in the saga seems to have a "soul" or at least a capability of free thinking and that's not what you want when you're trying to take over the universe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.