main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlefield 2

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Vezner, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneCommander07

CloneCommander07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2004

I agree. I'm at Lance Corporal and have about 7,500 more Global Points to go until Corporal. But I think DICE and EA wanted to allow casual gamers rise the first few ranks quickly and for avid gamers to work to reach the higher ranks by playing for many hours at a time.

It's all marketing and gametime strategy. Once the casual gamer reaches the rank of Lance Corporal after 1,000 Global points, they'll want to play more to reach the next rank and soon become avid gamers.

2. Anakin_Sockwalker

Anakin_Sockwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    So what are some servers you people common on?

3. Anakin_Sockwalker

Jun 11, 2005
    Yay! Just got to the next rank and unlocked another weapon (the special forces one). I love the sights for it. :)

4. Anakin_Sockwalker

Jun 11, 2005
    In the recent PCGamer issue, there's an article on how to TK in BF2, which I found was pretty amusing... :D

5. CloneCommander07

CloneCommander07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2004
    Don't let Battlefield 2 die in the TFN boards!

I just acquired the rank of Corporal at 10,500 Global Points. I unlocked the L85A1 and hated it so now I have the G36C which is crazy status. Loving it.

I just recently killed 6 MEC players with one magazine. Madness.

6. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    The new 1.03 patch was just released. If you own this great game, go DL it and check it out! :cool:

BTW, it comes with a new version of Wake Island. That alone makes this patch MORE than worth the DL. :D

7. General_BlackLegion

General_BlackLegion Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2004
    That sucks, now we can't imporve flag speed while in vehicles... The Wake Island Map is very cool!!!

8. Anakin_Sockwalker

Jun 11, 2005
    I'll try out the new patch if I had the time, but at last, I have four tests in less than a weeks time. Plus I heard they lowered the point requirements for each rank. IIRC, I have ~13000 points, I guess I get two more weapon unlocks with this patch. :)

9. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    The patch is giving me some troubles. For some reason I can no longer play BF2 with ZA running in the background, even though I have told ZA to allow it access to the internet.

I didn't have this problem before I installed the 1.03 patch. :(

10. Anakin_Sockwalker

Jun 11, 2005
    I have this downloaded, but I haven't have the time to try it out; I hope NAV won't give me any troubles... :(

11. Anakin_Sockwalker

Jun 11, 2005
    Heh, I just finally got the time to play it yesterday and every time, for three times, I killed someone/got a point I gained rank. :p I chose to unlock the PKM, M95, and the G3 (I already have the G36c and the L85A1 unlocked). :)

I didn't unlock the shotguns because I find that I rarely run into some one in point blank.

12. General_BlackLegion

Apr 14, 2004
    I am new to the ranked server system. So I played on a ranked server and played 2 full rounds before a new map was loaded, and killed 50 guys and earned 2 medals in the process. I thought when a new map was loading, I thought a match was over and my ranking data will be transferred to my account. Turns out, there is nothing changed and all that "hard" work paid off nothing. I like to know what did I do wrong and why is the ranking system not working for me and my account???

13. Anakin_Sockwalker

Jun 11, 2005
    You could still quit mid-game and it will still keep what you did that round.

14. General_BlackLegion

Apr 14, 2004
    Yay! I am a newly promoted Lance Corporal! I am just having a hard deciding to unlock the L8SA1 or the G36C. I play medic more than spec. ops, but both guns are so good! Which should I unlock first and what i the next gun I will unlock after 281 more global points???

15. Anakin_Sockwalker

Jun 11, 2005
    Personally, I like the PKM.

16. General_BlackLegion

Apr 14, 2004
    Unlocked L85A1, since I play too much as a medic! :p Heard that the expansion is going to have two new attack helicopters and a Humvee w/ TOW

17. swimmerman91

swimmerman91 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2005
    Hey, I was thinking of purchasing Battlefield 2, but I really don't know how good it is. Would someone please tell me the good/bad of Battlefield 2? Thanks!!! So ppl still play, it's not old?

18. clone_commander1

clone_commander1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 30, 2004
    Good points: with 64 people online!

Bad points: none.

19. Anakin_Sockwalker

Jun 11, 2005
    Good Points: A lot of fun!

Bad Points: Idiots on the battlefield (ie TKers, who if you take "their" tank/helicopter/jet first they will shoot you down. And immature people). (so, it's not really the games fault, really.)

20. swimmerman91

Aug 22, 2005
    Sounds good, I'm in. How does it work with getting grouped with other "soldiers"??
    Can you pick your squad??? Do you guys keep the same names as here???

21. General_BlackLegion

Apr 14, 2004
    Uhh, you can create a squad for others to join while in a game (Squad Leader) or join one (Squad Member) and I play as BlackLegion42 online

22. Anakin_Sockwalker

Jun 11, 2005
    On the plus side, you can spawn where your SL is. So if the rest of the squad does, you will be always with your squad.

23. swimmerman91

Aug 22, 2005
    *BUMP*

More questions!!

-How much is it now?
    -Where can I get the best price?
    -Do a lot of ppl still play?
    -How do join a Squad?

Thanks

24. Anakin_Sockwalker

Jun 11, 2005
    For the first two questions, I have no idea.
    As for the third, the last time I played (about two weeks ago), there were still a lot of people playing.
    As for the last question, you join squads by going in to the squad tab (I forgot the defualt key). You join the squad by clicking join. However, some squads are locked and some squad leaders can kick you from their squad.

25. swimmerman91

Aug 22, 2005
    ok, got it, thanks.....I should be getting the game today/tommorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.