main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlefield 2

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Vezner, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_Sockwalker

Anakin_Sockwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    Yeah, it's funny because it's so true... :p

2. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    The only one completed that sounded interesting was 21st Century Warfare. Though I would NEVER have the time to play it.

To put it simply, once a week they set up a server for the mod. It changes the game mechanics so that instead of worrying about matches it's set up for one... get this...

12 HOUR game.

That's right, you play for twelve hours, one match, winner takes all. Thought my butt would hurt I would love to try it, just once.

3. DroidGeneral

DroidGeneral Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Anyone else's game **** up because of the last patch?

This is really starting to piss me off to the point where I wonder if this amount of frustration is really worth $50.

EA/DICE doesn't seem to know **** when it comes to making GOOD games. Everytime they release a patch to try to fix something, they screw something else up. This time their lazyness caught up with them.
    The bf2 community has spoken out and now those bastards have to pay for there dumbass ways.

4. NightHunter319

NightHunter319 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=communityupdate_022106

I laugh at ea, the patch created just a new slate of bugs so now they must push back Euro Force once again

EA= teh pitiful [face_plain]

5. WedgeAntilles1

WedgeAntilles1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2002
    Just to let everyone know, the 1.21 patch is out, and its only 13 mb, so it doesn't take long to download. I'm pretty sure that euro Force is coming out on the 15th too, so heres hoping.

6. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    I actually just really got addicted to this game after playing once in a while for a month. I was a huge fan of 42 and played it for far too long.....I was even addicted to Secret Weapons. shiver

I think this game is great, the physics can be a little odd around ladders and such but generally they pulled it off well. The battles are pretty intense and the aerial vehicles are superb.

I know I'm just gushing, just so much fun to kill people in this game.

Oh and I'm a Corporal now! <---- noob

7. CloneCommander07

CloneCommander07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2004
    How is everybody enjoying Euro Force? I swear the FAMAS medic weapon is fantastic!

And I play so much, here's my rank and stats.

It's pretty good. And yes, I am a plane whore. Ha ha.

8. WedgeAntilles1

WedgeAntilles1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2002
    Euro force is allright, but I'm really waiting for armored fury. That A-10 is gonna be sweet.

9. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Unlocking for elehohesterling.

10. elelohesterling

elelohesterling Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2007
    Okay, so yes, I am a total Star Wars geek. And I like Battlefield 2, so what do I do? I Create a Battlefield 2 clan. With 4 members currently, we are looking to expand. If any one wishes to join please read the entire message below.
    Below is the basic recruiting pm we send to people interested.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    unlock 'n bump

12. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Hah, just as I was deciding to see if there was a thread for this game. :p

Has anyone else had trouble getting the (*&*&%^!! Euro Force booster pack maps to actually run? I installed it a few days ago and I keep getting an error telling me I need to purchase them from the EA website.

13. Darph_Nader

Darph_Nader Jedi Master star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    You need to download EA Link from the EA website. The links say EA Download (why, I don't know) but it's the same thing. Once you download that, open the game store window, and put itn the CD key for the booster pack(s) in the prepaid code slot, and it should unlock the boosters. (My comp still runs on dial-up :eek:, so EA link doesn't respond - but I can play BF2 online anyway.) The multiplayer maps of the booster packs will still run without you doing all that's above (at least it works that way with the Complete Collection).

While I'm here, is anyone willing to help me with integrating some custom skins into BF2? I thought I knew how, but I honestly don't know, and want to figure out.

D_N :cool:

14. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
  15. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    You might want to try praying allot. [face_praying]

EA really doesn't care if their add-ons work... they're content with letting the users figure it all out. If someone installed Euro/Special Forces flawlessly and was able to play I'd actually be surprised.

For more in-depth help you might want to cruise over to www.totalbf2.com.

16. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Meh, I'll just go with my super-modded Battlefront 2. More fun anyway. :p

17. Darph_Nader

Aug 17, 2005
    I figured I'd make my question a bit more specific, and see if anyone here knows about it before I give up.

I'm trying to get these weapons to appear in-game, but I don't know how. I know where to put the files, but what do I tweak to get them to come up in the game? If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it.

18. Darph_Nader

Aug 17, 2005
    Since I'm here...

I'm looking into buying some stuff to set up a LAN. My computer came with an NCI slot, but how do I know how fast it can go? Or should I just buy a PCI card?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.