main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlefield, 2142

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Sith_Lords, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -imperialtk921-

-imperialtk921- Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2006
    Looks kinda bleh.

[face_peace]

2. ZABRAKMALE

ZABRAKMALE Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2005
    in one method its a good marketing scheme, making the trailer bland.
    For instance, if Battlefields 1942, vietnam and 2 are big succeses, which they are, its going to give some stuff away but not much so the diehard battlefield fans, like myself are going to think 'I wonder what the whole game is like.' So by not giving away much in the trailer it optimises sales.

3. -imperialtk921-

Mar 21, 2006
    OR it's the exact opposite and by not revealing what it's about, it may be hurting itself. I would never waste $50-$60 on a game or anything really that I knew nothing about. Is that trailer even real?

4. Red_Oktobur

Red_Oktobur Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 7, 2001
    Not sure if the trailer is ingame graphics or pre-rendered. If it is IGG, then that'll be super. If it's pre-rendered, though, I'll be looking forward to some actual gameplay. Nice trailer.

5. The_Flargg

The_Flargg Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2004
    Definately in-game graphics. Battlefield 2 can look like that with a powerful enough PC.

6. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    Give me Battlefield 1754, Battlefield 1812 and Battlefild 1861!

7. NightHunter319

NightHunter319 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2005

I would seriously love that. I would also like a good Pirate FPS online game.

8. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Ha, a pirate FPS. That actually could be cool.

9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    All three of those years wouldn't be very fun for their respective wars-- better to place the games in the middle/end of the wars like BF 1942 (i.e. BF 1760, but make that one in Europe because the North American theater was pretty dull; BF 1815, but split it between the War of 1812 and the Napoleonic Wars, more specifically the Battle of Waterloo because again, the real action was in Europe; BF 1863, '64, '65 for the American Civil War, but '63 would be best).

That said, this new game looks lame.

10. DroidGeneral

DroidGeneral Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Its bad enough EA came out with this half-ass engine. Now they are going to use the same engine but with a sci-fi mod. I'll stick with battlefront II.

11. -imperialtk921-

Mar 21, 2006
    Agreed. I don't even think this is real.

12. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004

13. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Huh what?

Seriously, if we're going to talk about bad engines, bringing up Battlefront 2 would be a bad idea. Battlefield 2 certainly has its flaws, but Battlefront 2 is barely even there and it's still buggy.

Anyways, for my full thoughts on the game. A lot of companies have tried something similar to this with bad results. If anyone can do it right, it would be DICE (Not EA, for those who seem to think so). Now this trailer is far away from spectacular, in fact it's pretty far away from anything even good or exciting. But I'm going to take a small guess and bet this is just the very smallest of tastes of what to expect.

PS - Pirate FPS = pwn.

14. DroidGeneral

DroidGeneral Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Uh no. In Battlefront II, I dont seen friendlies showing up as enemies. I dont have rockets going through vehicles. I dont have any frustrations when I play battlefront II. When I play Battlefield 2, I run into all kinds of crap. Not to mention the expansion was just so completely crappy, i think the developers made it blindfolded.

Thats quite possible the dumbest idea I've ever heard. As dumb as a jump-to-conclusions mat.

15. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    http://www.enemyterritory.com/

This will be far superior.

16. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Sounds like a case of bad luck, never had any such issues myself. Maybe it depends on the rig? While with Battlefront I see a plethora of bad netcoding. Either way it's comparing bad and worse, it's just a matter of which one you believe to the worse. They both are terribly choppy and messy engines. I just so happens that bad coding is a pet peave of mine.

Woah woah! No need to get huffy. Someone needs a lesson in sarcasm, and two CCs of a sense of humor. But it is of note that there are some very good Pirate mods that were based off of FPS engines.

17. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    It has nothing to do with EA - of course it will be. ;)

18. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I was underwhelmed by Battlefield II after playing the excellent Battlefront II. Battlefield II just looked like another Tom Clancy ripoff game.

19. Indiana_Fett

Dec 12, 2004
    Battlefront II is no longer fun to me online.

20. NightHunter319

NightHunter319 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    word.

21. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    There is something inherently wrong with your inner core.

Also we need more swashbuckling games.

22. Indiana_Fett

Dec 12, 2004
    Meh, Battlefront II is very weak, although its offline play is spectacular.

23. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I have to disagree with you there. I found Battlefront II to be quite good.

24. Kish

Kish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2004
    I liked Battlefront II for about... a day untill I realized that there wasn't anything significantly different in it from Batteront 1. It's nice that LucasArts released an expansion pack for Battlefront I and then charged everyone 50 dollars for it.

25. darthnave

darthnave Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2005
    Nuff said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.