main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlefield, 2142

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Sith_Lords, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    Not trying to turn this into a Battlefront II thread, but the lag was terrible...

2. darthnave

darthnave Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2005
    It makes no sense. I mean global warming would melt the Polar Ice Caps not expand them. Besides, can't ice be used as land to? I don't think the developers thought about this very long...

3. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    If I want a sci-fi based FPS with vehicles, I'll play UT2K4, or maybe 2K7 when it comes out.

4. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    You are a good man, a very good man.

5. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    Considering I was an addict of the failed and empty Secret Weapons, I'm sure I'll see you chaps soon. : )

6. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    It makes no sense. I mean global warming would melt the Polar Ice Caps not expand them. Besides, can't ice be used as land to? I don't think the developers thought about this very long...

Global Environmental Studies 101
    Global warming and Global cooling are natural events that occur in an oscillating frequency and have done for millions of years.

I've only seen the trailor once, and wasn't paying all that attention but if memory serves the narrator says something about global warming being bollocks - hence the polar ice caps expanding.

7. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    My head hurts.... What?

8. Kish

Kish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2004

Maybey it's following the "science" of The Day After Tommorow. Global Warming causes interupts some sort of wind current, and causes the next ice age.

9. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Something about melting fresh water moving the gulf stream conveyer south, and cooling the upper hemisphere.

10. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    Okay the how about the fact the ice can be used as land!? I mean look at the Bearing Strait. Which melted but still! Native tribes used it to go from the U.S. to Russia.

11. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    You can walk on ice, yes, but it is useless for planting, stable ground for large buildings, or anything that produces heat.

12. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    What about cold fusion.

LOLz.

Yea, moving onto more lucritive talks about the game itself... it'll still be average. heh.

13. less_in_length

less_in_length Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2005
    New Footage: http://files.bf2s.com/details.php?file=414

(and new game mode)

14. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    It says that was real gameplay footage. Am I the only one not beleiving that?

15. Anakin_Sockwalker

Anakin_Sockwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    Demo is out....

16. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Well, I've watched a good deal of trailers and I'll say that I will buy this game... eventually. It's in the top 15, maybe 20.

17. Anakin_Sockwalker

Jun 11, 2005
    Is it just me or are the vehicle controls as unintuitive as they can make it?

18. Commander_Kayman

Commander_Kayman Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006
    One of the trailers shows europe being consumed by the ice, but if you look at the costlines od Denmark, The netherlands and france you see that giantparts have been flooded, so....this is post global warming ice age..or something

Anyone know where the us is in all this?
    Europe owns the globe[face_talk_hand]

19. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    Well, I've played the demo and have mixed feelings. On the one hand, the Titan mode is more fun that I thought it would be and the load times have been reduced when compared to Battlefield 2. On the other hand, it's still just a glorified Battlefield 2 mod that's set in the future, IMO. I'm definitely not buying it because, as I said before, if I want a sci-fi Battlefield style shooter with mechs, I can already buy Battlefront 2. I personally find Battlefront 2 to be more enjoyable than what I've seen in the BF2142 demo.

It's a shame really because I've always been a huge fan of the Battlefield series.

20. -Jeb-

-Jeb- Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2006
    I just got it today after school, and I'm already getting CD Key Errors. Installed the latest patch, have had my PB updated since ever, and just when I managed to find the perfect performance-to-prettiness ratio and got ready for a big battle in a Map named Minsk, the whole damn thing had an epilepsy attack and I had to reboot my comp and modem. Once I did that, I relaunched the game only to find out that my CD Key was "Invalid."

Won't even let me uninstall so I can re-enter the CD Key for proper verification. Oh well, guess I'll just get my 50 bucks back and save 30 with a fresh copy of Battlefront 2. [face_plain]

21. Anakin_Sockwalker

Jun 11, 2005
    How do you like the ads to those of you who bought it? [face_plain] @ EA

22. MASTER-OF-EVIL

MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Those ads are not in the aussie versions so we have it good.

The Australian version of 2142 however lacks the Dynamic Advertising feature [7] as such an act is illegal under the Australian Anti-Spyware bill.

M-O-E.

23. -Jeb-

-Jeb- Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2006
    There are no ads. At all. I managed to work my way around the CD Key thing and now it plays like a charm. I'm surprised to say it, but I'm having a blast with it. [face_plain]

24. Anakin_Sockwalker

Jun 11, 2005
    Wait, so what was the insert about ads that people are talking about that was inside the box?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.