main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Battlefield 4 (PC, Xbox 360, PS3)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Here is a quick blurb from IGN.
    Discuss... I guess...

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    There hasn't been much posted officially so there's not much to say yet. I'm pleased to see that at least one of the characters will be female though, that's good new. She's part of the Chinese military, though I don't know how big a role she'll play. I look forward to playing the beta and seeing what more they come with, like preorder bonuses and special editions. I know I'll be buying it though. Battlefield 3 is an amazing experience and if Battlefield 4 is only half as good it'll still be better than most other games out there.

3. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I still haven't played the campaign of Battlefield 3...the multiplayer has always been the staple of the series, one of the most addicting multiplayer games out there right now. I could care less about the story...

One thing that bothers me is that Battlefield 4 is coming out so soon after the third installment, I liked the gap between Battlefield 2 and 3. It made the announcement for 3 all the more exciting! Especially with the new consoles on the way I don't see why they didn't want another year to have it only on PC, PS4, and "NextBox". I know its coming out for current consoles and next-gen consoles, but thats kinda weird...and dividing the players isn't it?

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe the campaign can be better than BF 3

5. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I still haven't played Battlefield 3, I haven't got into the internet on consoles age quite yet, though Halo 4 has convinced me to do that asap, and I don't have computer capable of handling it and I will not use Origin if at all possible, so PC is out of the question. Battlefield 4 definitely looks excellent, so I am definitely interested.

6. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I thought the Battlefield 3 campaign was pretty good. Not the greatest ever but I really liked it.

7. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    I disagree. I am a huge SP campaign guy. I really only buy games anymore for the single player experience. I do like BF3's multiplayer and it's the only MP I've played in years, but games to me are all about the SP campaign. I was dreadfully disappointed with BF3's campaign. Too short, uninspired missions, trying too hard to be like CoD:BO...

I very much want a better, longer campaign for BF4. The 17-minute trailer did not get my hopes up for that. Still look fairly poorly designed. I know there are months left to go and things can change, but I am not liking what I see in that department. I'll be doing the same for BF4 that I did for BF3, waiting until I can get a good deal on the game (I got BF3 for 50% off on Christmas Day 2011 via an Amazon Gold Box deal).

With regards to your comment above... where did you see that the girl is Chinese military? Is that an assumption? I haven't seen anything anywhere with any details about her.

8. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Getting my copy on Friday. Anyone playing this on the 360?

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Game comes out tomorrow, but won't be picking it up for a while

10. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    The world is against me getting this game. First on Friday Gamestop and Target were out of the game. Saturday we found it at Wal-Mart but their debit card machine wasn't working. Then today we just did not have time. :(

11. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Lazy Storm Trooper: that'd be why I preorder on the internet. I usually get my games a day early and delivered right to my door.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  12. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I've screwed around a little with it so far--it's been fun, but only when it actually lets me play. Still lots of server and client crashes.

13. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Is this game as good as the commercials make it look?

14. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    The ending to the campaign is so sad... :(

15. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Been playing the game a lot more with turkey day coming up in the U.S. The bad part is now I am having trouble going to sleep because I have a feeling that a tank is going to blow up the wall behind me and infantry is going to shoot me from 10 different angles.

No I am not joking. Guess I should lay off the game a bit...

On another note is anyone playing on the 360?

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    When I was playing SW: Bounty Hunter I found myself eyeing buildings on the walk to work to see if I could get up them with the jetpack.. :p

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  17. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
  18. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I've been playing it for a bit and I'm really enjoying it. I've only had one small issue but it was probably lag more than anything. Still, I really like the campaign so far and multiplayer is a lot of fun.

19. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Are you playing on PC or a console?

Sent from my communicator via the all powerful Internet.

20. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm playing on the Xbox One.

21. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    I have to say with the new patch this game now runs amazing even on my 360 (They really should have just waited a year to launch).

22. D.A. McCoy

D.A. McCoy Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    I started playing BF4 as a replacement for Battlefront II while we wait for Battlefront III. While I'm not big on the modern warfare setting the game is really fun and BF4 shows that Battlefront is going to be awesome!

Lazy Storm Trooper, I agree the patch is amazing. I never had a huge problem with crashes or netcode but the game runs so much smoother and there are way less situations where you're pretty sure you hit someone but it doesn't register. For me the game went from like a B to an A+ in playability, but I know for many it's gone from like a D to an A/B, so I'm glad it's finally working for most.

(Also, one more thing DICE has to include for Battlefront are the amazing easter egg hunts that are found in BF4. I don't just mean the actual easter eggs like the Megalodon but all of the wonderful "detective work" that people did to get the Phantom passwords is awesome. I hope we see some of that in Battlefront III.)

23. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Battlefront Easter Egg :p

24. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    So the last expansion pack, Final Stand, is coming out tomorrow. It you didn't know already its about secret Russian weapons projects in Siberia. Can't wait to unlock the bipod knife. :p

In other news there are rumors of a sixth DLC with some BF3 maps that will be given out to the community. I hope Wake Island is among the bunch if it turns out to be true.

25. roguesquadpod

roguesquadpod Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2014
    Easily my favorite game right now! Such a different fps than COD and thats perfect. The teamwork and strategy that it takes to win matches is so cool!