main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by zacparis, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I've only done a mission and a half so far. So still plenty of room for me to be more impressed :p

2. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    The Vietnam expansion has a release date!

Dec. 21st!

I think PC players can access it a few days early if they pre-order it, according to the official blog for BC2.

3. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Looks like it'll be available on Steam on the 18th, no pre-order necessary. Yay PC!

Can't wait. :D

4. Chance the Jedi

Jul 25, 2005
    Damn, you lucky ***.:p

If only I could afford to be a PC gamer...

5. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    I really struggled to find a caption for this shot, there's so many possibilities. :p

[image=http://amonhen.net/athenaeum/plog-content/images/games/battlefield-bad-company-2/bfbc2game-2010-12-09-16-28-00-79.jpg]

6. Chance the Jedi

Jul 25, 2005
    Mating season for the M1A1 Abrams?:p

7. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Vietnam is live on PC! Pretty cool so far. Of course, being Vietnam, the 60s music always starts when you get in a tank.

8. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, certainly seems to be the case. Jeez, tell those things to get a room.

9. THE EVIL CLIFFIE

THE EVIL CLIFFIE Jedi Master star 2

Jul 11, 2008
    Lol@ Abrams!

Recently got Vietnam for PS3. It's a high-quality DLC - much better value than CoD map packs - but I have some gripes. Firstly, (and this is the only problem I have with the actual game side) the maps are incredibly camper-friendly. It p****s me off when some dude with the newly powered-up RPG takes my tank out from behind a rock. This happened in the base game, but it didn't really matter, since it took two shots to take put a tank from behind. Now it's irritating.

Secondly, the game's backend seems to be having problems. In short, the game keeps resetting my rank and unlocks, both in Vietnam and the base game. This is an ongoing problem with DICE's games. I understand it has something to do with EA's servers, but after similar problems with BFBC1, BF1943 and BFBC2, you'd really think they'd have learned. I think this might have something to do with the fact that we apparently didn't get separate Vietnam profiles with reset levels like we were supposed to. The problem sorts itself out if I leave the game for a while or restart my PS3, but it's strange all the same.

Apart from that, though, Awesome DLC!

10. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Yeah stat tracking for the first few days seemed to have issues, but at least it was only not displaying properly, and was still actually keeping track. These last few days I haven't had it happen to me anymore though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.