main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Battlefield Letter (Barriss POV)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LuminaraFan4Evr, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuminaraFan4Evr

LuminaraFan4Evr Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 14, 2006
    Dear Master Luminara,

If you?re reading this, I guess you probably already know what happened, because I?m sure whoever brought this to you told you where they got it. I want to take this chance to apologize for all the times I didn?t say thank you, or ignored the way you went without so that I could have something. If there?s one thing this war taught me, it?s that you should never take anyone for granted, because they can be taken away from you in a second.

What is the point of a battlefield, anyway? It?s a place of pain and suffering and death, all because somewhere, on some distant planet, two rich people or companies disagreed. I never liked the war, but I fought because I loved the Republic. I guess somewhere, deep in my heart, I always knew I?d never live to see the end of the war. The Archives call death in service an honor, and I am thankful that I have at least not dishonored my adopted Jedi family with a disgraceful death.

Tell Zonder I love him. He was like a son to me, and I loved him like he was my son. That kid?s energy and enthusiasm is something to see, and he always was good at following orders, even when he didn?t agree with them. He?ll make the Council someday, just wait and see. Please make sure he finds a good Master to continue his training for me.

You were like my mother, Master. Wait, scratch that. You basically were my mother, and in life, I loved you like a daughter would. When I look back over the pages of my life, I can?t picture being the Padawan of anyone else. You taught me well. Don?t blame yourself for what happened to me. Go on with your life, find a new Padawan. It isn?t your fault. I guess this time I just wasn?t fast enough, was I? Just like one of those training sessions, except this time it was real.

I guess that?s really all there is to say. I?m with the Force now, and I would expect that there is no fighting and suffering and pain in the Force. Remember me every time you touch the Force, and know that in my own way, I?m still trying to protect the ones I care about.

Goodbye for the last time,
    Barriss Offee

P.S. ? I don?t mind about you and Master Kenobi. And don?t act like you don?t know what I?m talking about, because I know you do.

* * * fin * * *

not much to say. I know this one's kind of depressing, too, for anybody who's been cyber-stalking my work.... not that I have a problem with somebody actually taking the time to read all my work! Thanks for reading, and as always, the idea of Star Wars and these characters do not beloing to me. (Yet.... :)

2. MotionWright

MotionWright Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 15, 2007
    If there?s one thing this war taught me, it?s that you should never take anyone for granted, because they can be taken away from you in a second.

*nods* Luckily we don't always need a war to teach us that.

I never liked the war, but I fought because I loved the Republic.

=D= That's an understandable logic.

You were like my mother, Master. Wait, scratch that. You basically were my mother, and in life, I loved you like a daughter would.

Very powerful stuff. :) Bariss and Luminara seem very close; I always thought of them as a mother and daughter pair. They even look alike.

I don?t mind about you and Master Kenobi. And don?t act like you don?t know what I?m talking about, because I know you do.

LOL Good idea, to end it on an amusing note.

Overall, I like this piece. It is sad and light at the same time, and it has a nice, concise simplicity that fits the way I imagine Bariss's character.

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    :_| :_| :_| :_|

That was so sad but I'm sure receiving the letter brought Luminara some comfort.

I can just picture Barriss being considerate enough to send such a letter.

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. Luminara_Kenobi

Luminara_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 6, 2006
    You're right, you did forget to pm me, missy! *pouts* Lovely little character piece...I agree, the letter's serene and accepting attitude must have been very soothing to Lumi. So sad, though!

5. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    So sad!

Great job on this, I like your choice of characters- it was nice to hear from Barriss and Luminara.

Keep up the good work! :)

6. MsV

MsV Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2007
    :_| Bah! You killed Barriss. I'm not entirely sure you're allowed to do that. ;)

That was very sweet, and ya gotta love the little bit of ObiLumi at the end. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.