main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlefield Vietnam

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Vezner, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I never play with bots. They are far and away worse than even the suckiest of the smacktards online. And it's not hard for me to find a nice 64 player server to lay down some serious smack in.

2. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    ha!

Yea, that's one thing that I really dislike about '42; the bots (single player I mean, I havn't done... any MP with '42 really. Maybe one game and it was early on when I just got it, and got pwned :p)

3. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Everyone gets pwned when you first start. Then you learn the strategy for each map, learn how to use each vechicle best, find a nice server with a team speak server up, and just go in and play war. It's thrilling. And I haven't done it in more than three months. Damn.

I'll have to check out this Mod and see if it compares.

4. Ubigod

Ubigod Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 16, 2003
    Has anyone else tried the new Point of Existence mod? It was just released and you can download it here. There is also a real small patch. It just fixes the minimap in some levels. Someone wrote a quick review.
    This mod is a Russia vs America mod. It is set in modern times. At first look, it can be compared to DC. I Don't know how long this comparison will last through future POE releases. Since it is the first release of the mod there are some errors, none that are too disruptive to game play. There is no coop on the mods maps.

With this release and the WWII mod BFV looks like it getting what it needs most, variety.
    ubi

5. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    Well I just install BFV again to give it another chance (it's been about 3 or 4 months since I played it last) and I have to admit that I did enjoy myself. I still get a little more lag than I ever did with BF1942, but it's not too bad. It really all depends on which level is used. Anything with a big structure like a temple makes me lose frames like crazy. If it's just a jungle level, I seem to be able to play with little to no hickups.

Anyway, I have to admit that it's a pretty good game overall if you play on the right maps. I hope they patch it at least one more time to try and fix the netcode issues but I'm not holding my breath for it either.

Do any of you play on a regular basis? And if so, which servers do you play on usually? I'm looking for a really good server that has good teamplay. Most of them seem to be full of morons that TK. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.