main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlefro... I mean X-Men Legends

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Soontir-Fel, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    I am not big into RPGs but this one of the few I'll play just because I can be gambit.

2. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I particularly like to assemble my party with the late 80s New X-Men: Storm, Wolverine, Colossus and Nightcrawler. I think it is a good, "well balanced" combo. "Well balanced", of course is a relative term when you have Storm in the mix. She's simply the bomb, when levelled up past 20. Her lightning is simply catastrophic to lesser foes, and the tougher ones find themselves showing the hurt after the second blast. And her Xtreme attack is simply wondrous to behold. Too bad she was not given her classic 80's costume: the Ultimate suit does not do justice to the goddess.

Am I the only one dissapointed at Shadowcat not being included in the game? Such a classic character -- possibly the most effective Sentinel-killer -- and they left her out. For shame. I'd've rather had her than Jubilee in the game. Or even Magma...though Magma's purpose in the overall scheme of things is made apparent during the climax.

3. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    >>>I'd've rather had her than Jubilee in the game.<<<

Amen, brother. I've always thought of that annoying mall rat as a cheap substitute for Kitty. They were going to put her in but her powers just posed to many problems for the engine and gameplay elements.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

4. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    They were going to put her in but her powers just posed to many problems for the engine and gameplay elements.

A shame, really. Shadowcat's a Jack of All Trades as far as I'm concerned. Her powers would've made her able to put some serious hurt on Sentinels. To go through walls or obstacles or even open schasms to get to a particular switch or person-in-need-of-rescue. And she's got some ninja training on her, so she would've been an awesome melee fighter too. Jubilee, on the other hand, is rather meh. She can be easily substituted with Gambit and he's not that awesome in the game either.

5. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ..cripes, i finally see what you guys mean about STORM..

That chain lightning is ridiculous..

To level up characters, i just assemble a team that includes Cyclops and Storm, and then whomever you want to level up, and pop them into one of the Danger Room programs that take place in the Astral Plane.

The amount of Experience points that you can rack up is mindboggling..i've got characters levelling up 2-3 times every 2 minutes!

Another character i've started using is EMMA FROST. Really love her ability to confuse and make enemies turn on each other.. It gets to the point where it's RARE for any of my characters to take damage, anymore..

Also, MAGMA is pretty fun to use once you've levelled up her FIERY FORM...She's a Sentinel destroyer...

(and geeze, i REALLY love the job they did on the Sentinels in this one...Hearing "Unit rendered inoperative" is just SOOOO COOL)

I love this game.

6. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    I got a question, about Armors, Backpacks and Belts.

Can you ONLY wear one of these at a time, thruout the game?

I am at the Morlock/Gambit level, so I am Unsure if the rest of the game have upgrades that let you wear more than 1 items?

Also, about the Armors, what are the Elemental, Electricity (etc) armors best for?

Is there a Guide about that somewhere, that can tell me when do I use against who?

7. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Harmonic Deflector
    Inertial Deflector (Great ALL the time?)
    Psionic Deflector
    Electron Deflector
    Elemental Deflector

Are they no longer -5 damage like Nanofiber Armor?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.