main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BattleFront 2: Your ideas for a Successer

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Sarg_Kulo, Oct 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    If Lucasarts evre made a sequal (or more of a successer) how do you think they would make it better?

I think they could add more playable characters such as Ewoks and Gungans (yes I know about the cheats), maybe even jedi.
    Include space battles and more maps and better unlockables, have up to 500 units per side and have more bots on at the same time.

If you have mmore ideas please add them.

2. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Add more stuff, in other words?

3. Dante_Glass

Dante_Glass Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    do some EU battles so you've got even more teams. right now there are just the four, i suggest adding

GFFA and Vong

Old Republic and Sith.

So that would lead to lots more mapps, or maybe just an expansion set.

4. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Custimisation is needed!

You should be able to custimise your character - skin/weapons etc - Why should all snipers be red? Why should all jetpackers be green? Why should only ARC Troopers be able to carry bazookas (where are the regular ARC Trooper rifles???)

Also, you should be able to decide the numbers in each army on the battlefront (personally I would like to be in a group of 20, going up against an army of 100 :D

How about a level creator? With a selection of buildings, ruins, landscapes, vehicles, plants/trees etc, possibilities would be endless.

And finally, more/better bonuses, the ones in BF were pitiful. Unlock wookiees, ewoks, gungans, maps, vehicles, special characters (Maybe a Jedi? But they're not used as normal troops, you can only use them once per battle).

Most of this could actually probably be done in an expansion pack, with lots of new maps.

5. Hudnall

Hudnall Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 23, 2004
    Man - great topic.

1) The big big big one is the tactical commands. At least two of them are absolutely useless (At ease, Hold position). Furthermore, there are no commands for all troops. If you could just trade the two useless commands for two General's Orders, it would open a huge array of strategical approaches for each arena. For instance, a "Take defensive positions" would force all of your bots to hold their spot and climb into whatever nearby guns they can; then the opposing army is forced to come at you. Counter that with an "Advance at all costs" which is the default option. Then for just your nearby troops, keep "Move Out" and "Follow Me" both of which do actually help you in gameplay.

2) Keep your big four SW battle maps (Geonosis, Hoth, Endor, Naboo) and add some new ones like the Death Star. Also, make at least SOME (not the primary) command posts adjustable in a MOD mode. ABSOLUTELY make the number of reinforcements adjustable - why in god's name was this foregone?

3) More characters to unlock. I don't care about Jedi, but perhaps the Gungans and some others. Make the Wookie and the Dark Trooper much better - at least give their guns a rapid 3-shot succession versus just a single shot and wait.

4) At last. The ships. A LOT of people complain unfairly that the ships are hard to fly, but honestly, they just take a bit of practice. The real complaint lies in the mental shift from being an infantry using two controls to flying. This could be very easily corrected. The ships try to maintain an average flight speed, and you have to hold the throttle (annoyingly so) in place which is a weird adjustment after running around. Just change the throttle so that when you slow, you stay slow; when you accelerate, you stay accelerated - then you can take your hands off that joystick and just fly.

5) Rolling (on the ground) isn't a guarantee. Sometimes I roll, sometimes I jump. I would gladly trade my reload button for a flat out roll, if I could. Just make it an option in the Controls adjustment options.

Anyways, great great game - I love it! Can't wait for the next!

6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I want to match-up non-traditional foes(i.e. Empire versus CIS, Republic versus Rebels).

7. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeah, the reinforcements should be controlled by the player in Instant Action.

I'd love to set reinforcements to infinite, and play Hoth, Endor, or Bespin: Platforms on the HARD setting. *sigh*

8. Blast

Blast Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2002
    Add a map for the Tantive IV.

9. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Or, if new EU teams are added, I want Empire versus Vong. =P~

10. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    The Jedi Purge .

Levels aboard spaceships, as mentioned above.

A risk like map consisting of various planets that you can visit at anytime and play, as they are constantly in battle until you wipe out the enemy or they wipe you out. You change characters and planets during each level.

Stealth mode.

X-ray vision like Perfect Dark.

You can play as Jedi or Sith.

Many more weapons and ones you can carry from dead soldiers.

11. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    We have to be careful about wanting to play as Jedi or Sith. Battlefront is about playing as the regular soldiers, the ones who do the majority of the fighting. We definitely do not need another lightsaber-based game.

My idea however (Jedi/Sith as a bonus) would allow us to kick some ass with a lightsaber, but once your dead, that's it, no more Jedi/Sith - until you start another battle.

Then again, maybe we should stay away from Jedi/Sith/Special Characters as much as possible.

12. Sarg_Kulo

May 18, 2004
    Jedi should not be as tough as there are, the only way I can kill them is to get TX-130/IFT-X and drive em out of the map.

13. evil_kenshin

evil_kenshin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    heres an idea i had for space battles:
    you can have it so each side has 3-4 main ships that's use are as oversized command posts in a way, each ship will have a hanger bay where 20 viecles are stored , to take control of enermy ships you have to get to the bridge of an enermy ship to take over them and have it that you have to have control of all the ships to win, none of that reinforcement stuff.
    Also possibly (Since if this is basicly a total conversion of battlefield and in battlefieldw you could move the aircraft carriers) make it that you can fly the main ships but at a slow speed and if its possible make it that the main ships all are able to be destroyed, wether its by self destruct
    (useful if you know that you can't hold the ship if the enermy are constantly attacking the ship you are on, self destruct takes 3 & 1/2 minutes to detenate and everything in a fair distance nearby will be hurt/destroyed by the explosion also self destruct can be turned both on & off but to turn it on only the controlling side can do that but turning it off can be done by both sides)
    or fire from other ships can also destroy these mainships (but takes a long time no matter what ship is shooting at the main ships, but takes a longer time if using only normal ships)

sure its not based on any real battle in the star wars universe but does it really matter

also other things i want is more sides added, the ability to have more than 2 teams facing each other at once , more game modes in multiplayer , more viecles , make it easier to fly ships (such as how they fixed it up for battlefield vietnam ,when alot of people were having trouble with flying in battlefield 1942) , the ability to set a customized game so that its either got unlimited reinforcements, or a timed match with unlimited reinforements (time should be customizable aswell)

14. Sarg_Kulo

May 18, 2004
    I like your idea for space battles a lot. Self destruct should takeabout 30 seconds to disarm if your the enemy.

I think they should add a much better Hoth map and another geonosis map (maybe the arena).

The thing I want most tho is more bots playing at the same time, it just seems to e.mpty for a battle sometimes

15. Hudnall

Hudnall Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 23, 2004
    I do agree that Jedi/Sith as a player would make the battle too lopsided... and really isn't in the spirit of the game.

16. ThanksBates82

ThanksBates82 Jedi Master star 1

May 10, 2003
    Just to let you guys know, they are coming out with a patch that will allow the host to change the reinforcement number. Here's some more info.

xtmn8r

We wanted to follow-up with everyone on some of the current enhancements being worked on for our next round of updates. Some of the feature improvements &/or additions are to increase the options for servers. They include:

- The ability to change the default Reinforcement counter
    - The ability for the Host to Boot players
    - The ability to Ban players from a server
    - We've added the ability to be Invulnerable for a period of time when the player spawns in. The amount of time the player is invulnerable is determined by the server.
    - When running a dedicated server,the game session window is now moveable

Early next week we hope to be able to share a lot more information about the upcoming enhancements to the game. We just want to be sure everything we talk about is actually going to make it into our next update before we promise anything.

The Star Wars Battlefront Team

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=12184&tstart=0

17. Sarg_Kulo

May 18, 2004
    Well that's good news

18. evil_kenshin

evil_kenshin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    yes!!!, but i hope that the changing thing is not only just able to make it less then the default set of reinforcements, it should be able to be more than that. Also that banning thing is good news since i hate it when people be annoying with the headset/mike

also on a side note, reading some of the topics in the lucasarts game site (ps2 version) i agree with what alot of people are saying about an autoboot for teamkillers (if you reach a certain ammount of kills of people on your own team , the tk'er gets booted) which should be defaulty in battlefront 2

19. mad_hatter2k

mad_hatter2k Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2001
    1) IMPROVE UNFIFORMS: At end of A New Hope during the ceremony scene we see all kinds of different Rebel troops. When fighting on Yavin 4 the Rebels should have uniforms based after the ones seen there rather than their Endor camando gear. I think it would make sense for the Rebels to wear these unifroms on Tattoine too. Likewise I'd get rid of the Rebel Fleet Trooper look for the heavy weapons trooper when on Endor.

2)MORE TROOP TYPES: Mainly I'd like to see some Officers for the Empire and Rebels and Jedi Knights for the Republic (throw in a Battle Droid commander for the CIS). I picture the Rebel officer looking like Captain Antilles unless fighting on Endor in which case he would look more like General Madine, only with an open camo trench coat ala Han Solo in ROTJ.

3)MORE VEHICLES/CREATURES: Give the Imperials some Dewbacks on Tattoine, give the Tuskens some Banthas. I'd also like to see some Wampas and Imperial Probe Droids on Hoth. Also the Rebels should have some Swoop Bikes on tattoine.

4) NEW FACTIONS: I'd like for there to be a Bounty Hunter (Jabba's Forces?) faction with Boba Fett as their "Jedi Hero".

5)NEW LOCATIONS:

1. Tattoine - Jabba's Palace
    2. Geonosis - Arena (thrown in those 3 monsters from AOTC here)
    3. Naboo - Gungan City
    4. Death Star
    5. Coruscant

20. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    Capture the flag when playing on line.

21. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Lucasarts should come up with their own ideas rather than ripping off other companies.

Bad Games are ripoffs: Battlefront (1942), Galactic Battlegrounds (Age of Empires)

Good games are unique: KoTR, Rebellion, X-Wing series

22. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    While a good concept, Rebellion was not very original nor was it executed well. KotOR bears many similarities to other RPGs, like Bioware's previous projects.

23. Sarg_Kulo

May 18, 2004
    I think you should be able to play as a batle droid and a super battle droid, or at least see it.

24. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Let me fight on Muunilinst, and perhaps Jabiim.

25. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    More modes. Capture the flag. Assault. Etc. The same mode over and over is boring.

Deletion or massive improvement of air. Dogfighting and strafing borders on impossibility sometimes. At least it gave us those overpowered turrets on Bespin: Plaforms. I love turning those things on troops.

Era-swapping. No more CIS/Republic and Rebel/Empire only.

Canon. ARC troopers are commandos. Vader couldn't have been on Tatooine and the Death Star at the same time.

Originality and time. Original worlds, maps and battles would have been cool. And don't give them a deadline so they have time to create more stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.