main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Yeah it was fun. I kind of like Droid Run better than Drop Zone, however. It's an easier game with straightforward objectives; the droids are always in the same place.

2. HowManyMidichlorians

HowManyMidichlorians Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2015
    Thoughts on the hero modes? To be honest I think both are extremely disappointing, I was looking forward to a hero brawl like conquest on BF2, not some mixed 6v6 crap . . .

IMO the empire are OP and seem to always demolish the rebel heroes.

This being said, I think Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron save this game. What an experience to feel part of the star wars universe!!

3. Anakin_Prime

Anakin_Prime Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    I saw this tonight. Crazy seeing enough firepower to blow up Endor not able to bring one person down.

Game is growing on me. I'm beginning to really like it. Just needed to get weapons that suited me.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  4. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I think this is the first game in a while where I'll use different weapons for different maps. It's been great. Had a fantastic run on Walker Assault this afternoon. Won 3 in a row and only JUST lost as the empire on Endor. It was so tense! Absolutely love this mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I got killed by an Ewok on Endor :mad:

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  6. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    What I mean is that I have seen multiple complaints of Battlefront being "dumbed down" and being too "arcadie" when compared to other shooter franchises like Battlefield, CoD, GoW, Destiny, and Halo. Many critics wanted a more "real world" experience with Battlefront. The powerup system is another example of what some people have hated for the same reasons.

While I think everyone is totally free to have their opinion, I don't think that making it "hardcore" like these other franchises, which would have made Battlefront have a much higher learning curve, would have been good for this game. Star Wars is such a huge name brand and EA/DICE wanted to attract more than just the average gamer. They wanted Star Wars fans to flock to this game and that goal has been accomplished. Now in order to keep those fans around and playing, they needed to make the game more basic to keep even the most casual gamer interested. Again, I think they accomplished that with the arcadie gameplay and style.

So yeah, in the end, I feel like they did an excellent job with this game. Do I think it would have been cool to have a SP campaign and space battles (I don't really care one way or the other about the other things you listed)? Sure, but frankly what they have provided in the core game (and with Jakku coming in a few days, free of charge to everyone), I feel like it was worth the $60 asking price. And the gameplay is so good with the core game that I feel like paying $50 for another 16 maps is a no brainer and I have the season pass purchased.

7. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    That's my favorite achievement that I've earned so far. lol

8. Caode

Caode Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 8, 2015

Hero's vs Villain's isn't too bad, it's at least a fairy fast paced game with short rounds. Hero Hunt on the other hand, is a complete mess.

I love Walker Assault, Supremacy, Droid Run and it took me a while but Fighter Squadron's really growing on me. I haven't played enough of the other modes yet to make my mind up on them.

9. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    That is something. Dumbed down as opposed to hardcore experiences such as CoD. Dear me. Sorry I can't stop laughing. That's a hardcore game? The majority of the fanbase is 10 year olds.
    That says alot about the console game market. Heck I didn't know Destiny was still going! Poor souls, hop over to PC!
    Joking aside, I don't see any difference between the two but I haven't played either of them. (I played Black ops and modern warfare 3 but I grew out of them, I don't understand why you could play it constantly wheras with Battlefront I get the feeling you can)

Wanted a "real world experience" is that some kind of joke? It is a fictional universe damn it. If it were realistic you would have blood, dirt and despair everywhere. War isn't pretty and it is sickening to see people crave it and become obessed with it. If they wanted a real world experience they wouldn't enjoy it. People die, people are injured, people breakup, people fall apart it isn't dancing around twirling a saber or going around hitting people with their blasters. Sorry for that little rant people just be desensitised to violence and war.

The powerup system did seem a little silly but it makes it fairer because now the top players won't hog it so the rookie/lower player won't even get a shot at it. Necessary Evil.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  10. Anakin_Prime

Anakin_Prime Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    The ewoks fight back? I'm assuming only against empire. The other day I was up in a tree and saw one running around. I didn't even think to blow him up. Haha

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I actually got the chance to bring down Walkers via the snowspeeder cable today for the first time. It was the solo player mission. I really wanted to try it out since I remember how difficult it was in the original games. It's still difficult. It took me about half a dozen tries before I figured out that you're supposed to balance it out WITHOUT TOUCHING THE LEFT JOYSTICK (only the right one). I doubt I'd be able to do that in Multiplayer; and I'm sure not many people would be able to since you're being fired on constantly both by Ties in the air and rockets on the ground.

12. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    This is the best game Star Wars game I've ever played ! :D
    I'm having so much fun with this game especially with Heroes vs Villains, Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron (I'm actually a Fighter Ace, who would've known)
    Any X1 players that I might reckonize ?

13. Caode

Caode Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 8, 2015

Managed it last night on Hoth. Very satisfying, especially since we were getting a complete hammering throughout the entire game, myself and someone else on the team managed to down the two Walkers with the cables right at the end.

14. Caode

Caode Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 8, 2015

I'm really loving the game too, having a great time with it. That said though, have you played Knights of the Old Republic?

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I'd like to try one of those missions modes with someone. Somehow I made it through survival mode solo; albeit leaving all of the collectibles.

By the way (and this is to everyone). I like the "party mode" feature on the PS4. I was wondering if we could create a full party of all JCF members. That way, if two or more are online at any given point, we could form our own teams on the servers. And what's great is it doesn't matter where on Earth you're from. Caode: You're from the UK, right? I'm in New York here. Northern Hemisphere represents!

16. shafty

shafty Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    Some of the little touches in this game are superb! Think it's the dune sea map,and if you go down near jabbas sail barge you can hear the music from the film being played inside!

17. HowManyMidichlorians

Oct 22, 2015
    I think one thing they definitely got right with BF3 in comparison to BF2 is the fact that when you are a hero your health does not just diminish over time; you are actually given the freedom to flank properly and take your time. Much better.

Last night I played Walker Assault on Jundland Wastes and we won during the second Y-Wing assault . . which got me thinking. Has anybody managed to win a match of Walker Assault during the first wave of Y-Wing attacks?! I imagine that would feel amazing!

One final thing I wish they'd have added is the ability for heroes to severely damage AT-ATs (like Luke in TESB) by getting on top of them (or rappelling below them) and throwing in a grenade.

18. Caode

Caode Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 8, 2015

I'm from Ireland, but yeah same general timezone - best way to do would be to set up a private community on the PS4 and we can all interact on there, we can all leave our PSN names on here as you said too though - everyone add away, the more the merrier!

PSN: Caode

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

It's funny you should mention "getting on top" of the walkers. Today I was actually riding on top of a walker on Endor for awhile as me and a few other Stormtoopers were firing from there.

20. HowManyMidichlorians

Oct 22, 2015
    Ahsoka's Tano
    I do this aswell, purely for the reason that when people shoot at you it draws the attention of the AT-AT, and he wipes them out. Can get a pretty sweet killstreak from up there.

I find Endor pretty rebel friendly though, not sure I've ever won a match as the empire there. What console are you playing on?

21. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    I think you'd basically need the empire to just hang back and not attempt to stop the uplinks what so ever to maybe work. I wonder how many you'd need. The most I've seen in a phase is about 8 I think. I thought surely that would be enough but no.

I am still to give Cargo and any hero mode a go. I wish you could get match made for survival as well. I love it solo but want to try with a partner. I get decimated on Sullust once tie fighters and At-Sts start chasing me down.

22. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Endor is rebel friendly as there's only one AT-AT. I think the Empire have won once or twice during my plays.

And speaking of taking down the AT-AT during the first assault, that nearly happened to me during the beta. I'd managed to get an orbital strike and launched it upon the main AT-AT. The rest, seeing the opportunity, helped in destroying it. When I respawn back in, the next wave has begun, and the other AT-AT had something like 1 health left. And I almost got close to repeating that success yesterday. Main AT-AT took out with the orbital bombardment, but the side AT-AT had more health after the assault ended.

Also, don't you just love it that hardly anyone saves the orbital for the AT-AT? Some of the applications I've seen it put to are just strange.

23. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    I think proper orbitals are catching on for rebels. I generally see them against the AT-ATs. I've seen Empire just use them randomly.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I also agree that Endor is Rebel friendly. I think the key to winning on the Empire side is to get higher up, either piggy-backing an AT-AT, or scaling the Ewok village bridges in the trees.

I'm on the PS4. If you're on the same console, leave your gamertag here. Mine's Jon1277. Caode also created a specific community party for JCF members.

25. Caode

Caode Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 8, 2015

Yeah I've set up a community 'Force Dot Net'. Add me, PSN: Caode, or Jon1277 on the PlayStation Network and we'll invite you in, get some games going with community members on here.