VIDEO Battlefront 3 - ITS FINALLY HAPPENING

Discussion in 'Games' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. sharkymcshark Jedi Master

star 2

And on that day Satan will be skating to work.
  2. Minez01 Force Ghost

star 1
    I'm with you on that. If they introduce a more complex storyline for single player mode then they run the risk of that mode being mediocre, and then they would have to start introducing personalities and all that stuff which would just drag. IMO they should stick with the journal type storytelling from the perspective of the soldiers and just throw you into the battles, like you said.

I'd also like to see them retain the galactic domination mode (or whatever that was called in Battlefront 1/2) though with a much smoother system than Battlefront 2 had (the whole space battle thing was pretty poor IMO). If they tweak some of the rules and gameplay then I'd love to see that return.
  3. FRAGWAGON Force Ghost

star 4
    Anyone here going to E3? And when is it...early June?
  4. VictoryClassWoman Force Ghost

5. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 4
    I was kind of underwhelmed by the "trailer." I am nervous they are going to eliminate any Clone Wars content out of an incorrectly-perceived universal dislike of the PT. Also we have to wait another year to get any info on this game. So far it's been a teaser for the teaser, and now a teaser for a trailer or game info lol. I am nervous but we'll see what happens. At least from the looks of it 3rd-person gameplay will be prominent.

Sent from my R2 unit
    Big_Benn_Klingon likes this.
  6. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  7. Force Smuggler Force Ghost

star 5
    The original games had PT era stuff, yes? Why wouldn't the new one have PT stuff?
  8. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  9. Alixen Force Ghost

star 4

Ahem. :D

The Force is strong with this one.
    Last edited by Alixen, Jun 9, 2014
    thejeditraitor and FRAGWAGON like this.
  10. FRAGWAGON Force Ghost

star 4
    Kinda like the movie, I don't mind if they take their time to get it right.
    Skywalker Thing likes this.
  11. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8

It's not incorrectly perceived; the prequels are largely disliked.
  12. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    There's absolutely no chance they'd omit prequel maps, as otherwise they'd be rather limited planet-wise. In terms of their trailer focus, it makes sense to use John Williams' score, OT footage, drum up that nostalgia both for the films and for the original Battlefront experience. It'll get them more sales.

It's probably a good job for DICE that Episode VII was delayed to winter 2015 though, as it doesn't appear they'd have been able to meet the summer deadline, given what little they showed off.
    Last edited by 07jonesj, Jun 10, 2014
  13. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    EDIT: Double Post.
    Last edited by 07jonesj, Jun 10, 2014
  14. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8

THey may use planets, but the definitive Star Wars experience that people of that age group (see also: devs in the video) who "grew up on Star Wars" found the PT disturbingly **** and ruinous. If you want the definitive Star Wars experience, it's OT all the way.

See also: Fantasy Flight Games.
  15. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6
    If there's Clone Wars content it's going to be deemphasized in the marketing because the broad consensus has spoken pretty clearly on the Prequels. Certainly when they're going to E3 with a whopping two probably not at all indicative of actual gameplay screenshots they're going to go with Hoth and Endor, and certainly the average gamer isn't going to mourn the omission. I'm more curious about whether or not it's going to incorporate any content from the upcoming sequels, and if that could explain why they're being so mum about it.
    Last edited by Ramza, Jun 10, 2014
  16. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, I'm in no way arguing that. The OT is clearly SW in the public consciousness.

But in terms of the game itself, the OT has more rural environments (apart from Cloud City) whereas the PT has city environments. Just in terms of having varied maps, you want those two trilogies. Plus there almost certainly will be Episode VII maps. Whether at launch or as DLC.
    Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  17. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    I'm glad they are finally depicting the Battle of Hoth. What took them so long?
    Ender Sai and Jedi_Matt like this.
  18. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    We had a battle of Hoth already lol :p
    Darkslayer likes this.
  19. FRAGWAGON Force Ghost

star 4
    It's looking good. That speeder bike takeoff was cool!
  20. SWfan1020 Jedi Master

The official youtube page for this game says you can play as the Rebels or Empire. They don't mention the Clone Wars or prequel era battles.
  21. IBYM Jedi Master

star 1
    I was hoping to see more game play, but still excited nonetheless. Endor looked amazing.
  22. Big_Benn_Klingon Jedi Master

star 1
    I suspect the 20-something PT-gen and teen TCW-gen are probably larger gaming demographics than the 40-something OT base. It's no secret that young ppl game more. Also the original 2 games were a direct part of many young ppl's experience during the time of the AOTC and ROTS. Star Wars combat is synonymous with the Clone Wars (period) for many people. If PT combat is left out I don't think they will be doing themselves any favours.
    Darkslayer and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  23. Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Just saw the video. Dear god, am I excited for this game. After having put more than 200+ hours into the previous game, I am delirious that BF3 is actually being done.

Also, I really hope my PC can handle it.
  24. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8

The average age of a game purchaser is 35, which is old enough to have caught ROTJ in theatres and remember little of it. Certainly old enough to grow up with them on VHS, and have bought kenner figures as they were in stores. Ask me how I know this.
  25. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8

Get out.
  26. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    No thanks, I'd rather stay.
    Darkslayer likes this.