main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Would you like there to be mandated nap time too?

Whilst we're at it, a level where Batman shows up to help his pal Mannequin Skywalker?

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The ****

Just because I like the PT in battlefront does not mean you have to be mean people can have there own opinions.

3. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    If games are going to be considered Canon I wonder if the events of the campaign in this game (whatever it turns out to be) are ever referenced elsewhere

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  4. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    Well, according to Disney anything Star Wars related that comes out now is canon, so I guess that the campaign of BF3 probably will be canon as well.

If the campaign features all eras of SW it'd be interesting to see canon events after the clone wars and before the OT. Stuff like what happened with the clones, the Jedi after Order 66, etc.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I wonder who you will play as.

6. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Maybe a clone who has to prove he's not too old to kill rebels after the clone wars

7. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013

What I liked with the previous battlefront games is that you didn't play as anyone in particular. You were amongst the thousands of clones, droids, rebels or stromtroopers and experienced the war as it was on the first lines. I hope they keep that in the new game.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I agree I think that is the best part of the game being small but making differences.

9. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    As much as I hate the prequels, it was fun playing in the clone wars maps as droids and stuff.

10. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    This is going to be my most anticipated game of next year by some distance. That's saying something with the Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight and Uncharted 4 out next year.

I spent far too many hours on the first two. Brilliant games.

11. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I wonder how customization is going to work in the new game, and who exactly we will be playing as. I know we will play as troopers and fly vehicles, but will we be able to play as Jedi or heroes like BFII? Whatever the case is, I hope they have a class system then doesn't overkill it with unlockables. Star Wars doesn't need that. Plus, I hope the game has more of a arcade feel like the first two games and doesn't just copy the current Battlefield formula, which infuriates me. I wouldn't mind them basing the game off Bad Company 1 or 2 however.

As of now, I am really excited for the game and have no qualms with it just yet.

12. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    I can't see them straying too far from the original formula. Battlefront always had quite an emphasis on vehicles in the larger maps so I expect that will continue. I loved being able to play as Jedi in BF2, if that does carry over to the new one they'll obviously need to make it balanced for online multiplayer. Maybe the MVP on each team gets to spawn as them at a certain point in a game?

13. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    If heroes do come back should they keep the lightsabre healthbar system?

14. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013
    I think it was a nice addition to the previous games. If they had the normal health, the heroes would probably be overpowered.

15. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    It was but sometimes I find it very annoying

16. Commander Krix

Commander Krix Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    Well it certainly was in Operation: Knightfall. Every Jedi you were up against had the regular Health bar. Them OP AI Jedi though.

I can see what you mean, because it slowly drains, and the more you fight, it begins to drain faster. Though, as said, it'd be OP for players to use.

17. Lando Griffin

Lando Griffin Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2014
    I have been waiting since battlefront 3!!!!!

18. Commander Krix

Mar 18, 2013
    I've been wondering if Battlefront 3 will be featuring some things from Episode VII. Characters, maybe. I'm talking new blasters we may see, the new armor for the Stormtroopers, possibly new looks for the Rebels, and perhaps even new ships and planets!

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Probably.

20. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    The official site has logos for the Rebels and Imperials...so count me out. I cant do one without the other. At least with the Clone Wars era you have a variety of soldiers.

21. Commander Krix

Mar 18, 2013
    I can see exactly what you mean, but at the same time, I believe the Rebellion and Empire have diverse soldiers. Kind of like BFII had with the regular stormtrooper, scout, pilot/ engineer, heavy trooper, officer, and dark troopers. If I don't see a diversity such as that, than I'll be down for the count.

22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    And different aliens for the Rebellion.

23. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Yea i dont even like shooters that much and PC gaming to too big an investment, which is why BF2 still gets regular play in my home. Id even say Battlefront 2 was almost a perfect Star Wars video game. I had never played the first Battlefront, but BF2 felt like i was in the movies. The 2 factions i loved the most were the Separatists and the Imperials. I could play on some maps for hours, especially Naboo and Mygeeto. I was hoping Battlefront 3 would be BF2 with cleaner graphics, better sound, more hero options and bigger maps, this new game seems like it only has 3 or 4 maps and only uses the 2 factions from the OT, which is very boring in my book.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If this game does not have Rebellion era or Clone wars then I think thats a big loss.

25. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I could care less about having The Clone Wars or a story mode, just let it be fun to play. The past Battlefronts had such boring story modes I could care less about. After seeing DICE's recent story attempts with Battlefield, no thanks.