main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Instant Action is where the series is at.

2. Commander Krix

Commander Krix Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    Agreed.

3. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I seen a YouTube video of someone playing the pre-alpha or whatever it's called. In one game he was playing online on the Hoth map. When he died they showed spawn points that included on Hoth and in space on battleships. I'm hoping this means they have the ability to go from space to ground. He also unlocked the ability to be Darth Vader and at one point the enemy had Luke running around.It kind of had a battlefield feel to it. I'm definitely excited for it and will probably retire Battlefield for it.

4. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Here is the link

5. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014

This is the version that they started working on but was cancelled. I expect DICE started over with their version of Battlefront.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  6. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Oh gotcha. I just seen it off of a website a couple days ago.

7. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Horrible framerate. Brings back bad memories.

8. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014

These are off the same build.

9. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Lol gamers play shooters for Stories? Lol its not like its an RPG like TOR, its a shooter, kill all the enemies win the map or base. Yea of course it should be fun to play. So if they made a BF game and all it featured was Jawas and Tuskens and you played on 7 different Tatooine maps that would be fun to you?? Yea right man. Lies.

If you say you dont care for Clone Wars, then you also should care the Rebellion. They should make a game with just Jawas and Tusken Raiders.

10. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    What? I'm not sure what you are trying to say?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  11. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Ask Force Smuggler to explain it to you. It seems he suffers from the same problems.

12. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

Not meaning to be rude here, but you can also explain it yourself. You were the one that made that post after all...

13. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009

Dude, I'd play that. Jawas get access to all sorts of tech that they can build or repair to help defend their sandcrawlers or forts during a Tusken onslaught, Tuskens get special stealth units that can infiltrate the Jawa defensive posts and go on a Jawa massacre. And there could be a surprising variety with Tatooine maps! Have some maps in a Dune Sea environment, some in a city or town somewhere, maybe a map of the rocky Jundland Wastes. Hell, the original Battlefronts had three Tatooine maps in total and each one was unique and interesting with its own style of play.

I'm just glad its 2015 now so we can see more of the new Battlefront game. That's what DICE promised us, right? Any time now . . .

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    What Lord_Anzeroth said. I have no idea. It looks like a bunch of gibberish imo. If your posts actually made sense CF people wouldn't ask you what you mean. Technically it should be couldn't care less not could care less.
    Star Wars is a story. What else would you call the 6 movies? Having the levels tied in that way for a mode makes sense imo.
    And if TJ only wants an OT era game, nothing wrong with that. Or are you including the PT in that TJ? Just clarifying.
    Not everyone loves the PT/TCW era as you do CF. Some people do care for the OT era. No idea what you mean about that. He is caring for the OT or he shouldn't care for the OT era? I have no idea.

Lord_Anzeroth likes this.
  15. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    I wasn't trying to be rude at all CoolyFett, I really didn't understand what you were trying to say and was asking for clarification.

I don't mind an OT or PT era game. I just want the game to be good fun and a well built game, Battlefront's main draw was never the story. That is what other Star Wars games are for, the Battlefront games were built around the idea of fighting the battles of the movies (and more which was awesome). Nothing wrong with a multiplayer focused Star Wars game, I spent more hours in instant action and online in the first two Battlefronts that the somewhat boring story. To be honest I would like a focus on the OT, let the PT era content rest for a while.

16. FRAGWAGON

Nov 3, 2012
    A Tatooine game would be fantastic. So many factions - farmers, Tuskens, Jawas, Hutts and their allies. Lots of geographical variety, too. Plus, pod and swoop racing needs to happen in a game again.

TrandoJedi and Force Smuggler like this.
  17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    A battle on the podracing course would be amazing!

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  18. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    Yes, while a race is going on. You'll be fighting and all of a sudden you hear "now this is podracing!" and everybody DIES.

19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    OR each checkpoint has podracers and you drive them and crash into other podracers.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  20. JeffZero

JeffZero Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2014
    Speaking solely for myself, any game with a decent attempt at a story gets far more attention from me than any game which does not include one. I don't play many games, and the few that I do play involve great storytelling efforts. The only exceptions are a couple of Star Wars games I love, as like most of you I've always wanted to be a Jedi, or a Sith, or a starfighter pilot, bounty hunter, so forth. The Battlefronts did not feature strong story modes, but I was happy story was at least considered. I would be very happy if DICE made an honest effort here as well. Not a dealbreaker, but again, this is literally the only franchise I feel that way with. Otherwise I'm a niche player who purchases a couple of games a year and they all try their hand at great scripts and characters.

Truthfully I'm more hyped for the Amy Hennig Star Wars project we know nothing about, because she's an excellent writer and that's my favorite aspect of gaming, is the interactive storytelling medium. I'm not expecting even a hundredth of that from Battlefront "3" -- indeed, the action is where it's at -- but throw a dog a bone. Give me a bit of a framing device, some cutscenes, somethin'. :)

21. Delta-7

Delta-7 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 24, 2002
    Throwing my 2 cents/predictions in. Being that this game is going to coincide with the release of TFA's and with the first "Trailer" we have seen only really featuring environments from Endor, I have a feeling that this game will take place exclusivly during the Civil War and maybe even start in Endor (although im sure Hoth level will be in there) and fill in some gaps of the war up until TFAs.

Going by the movie's trailer, the Civil War is still going on 30 years later, there has to be some exciting battles that happened in that time frame.

Also if they really wanted to, I can see EA releasing a Clone Wars DLC later down the line, got to keep that money rolling in.

Commander Krix likes this.
  22. JeffZero

JeffZero Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2014
    That would be kinda neat, but don't we already have reason to suspect Hoth is in there as well? Or was that just the little "AT-AT foot approaching menacingly" ten-second game reveal from a while ago?

23. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    Both Hoth and Endor are in by the looks of it.

24. Delta-7

Delta-7 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 24, 2002
    Well my "Civil War" focus still stands... I really didnt think they would make a Battlefront game with out Hoth.

25. FRAGWAGON

Nov 3, 2012
    When will we get some new game footage? Since they're not revealing any new environments they should throw us a frickin' bone, here.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.