main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. snackynak

snackynak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 19, 2006
    I can't say that I'm even considering preordering this game at this point. The lack of space battles threw me completely off as the stormtrooper teaser pic looked like a marine in space walking gear and I thought for sure there would be boarding missions of some sort. Also the lack of any real story mode or campaign makes this seem less like a stand alone game and more like a battlefield mod for multiplayer. Though I am glad they shifted away from the Clone wars and focused more OT and post ROTJ, you would think they would then add more assets for each side, like combat speeders and hover tanks.

2. Billyjeanplxiv

Billyjeanplxiv Jedi Master star 1

Aug 8, 2014
    Extremely disappointed they shifted focus to just the Original Trilogy. Wheres the prequel love?

Mustafar? Naboo? Geonosis? Kamino? All good worth while maps.
    Polis Masa, Rhen Vhar?

3. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Agreed on everyone's disappointment.

*waits for hitler reacts video*

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Because of 15 years of PT content perhaps?

5. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Lots of controversy, lots of anger. I don't understand any of it, as Dice seems to have remade Star Wars Battlefront 1 going by the details on display, and I don't consider that a bad thing. It's got jetpacks, local split-screen multiplayer, an optional third person mode, jet packs and hero units. Oh and jetpacks. As it stands I'm not complaining, that's a nice feature set.

I understand some of the disappointment surrounding the lack of dedicated space battles, but I don't think this was down to laziness. It doesn't take much effort to take the existing ships and cook up a couple of star fields to stick them in. Instead I feel they're absent for the sake of making every map fun for every play style. Not everyone is going to be a pilot, not everyone is going to be a trooper, not everyone is going to use the walkers. Focusing on ground maps allows for player freedom at all times, and provides a tight, relatively balanced focus on combined arms, which is what DICE is good at.

If it's space fights I want I'll go play the new X-Wing or Tie Fighter... oh... oh. I gave myself a sad now. Come on EA, make those next!

As for some of the disappointment surrounding the 40 player cap, all I can say is the netcode for Battlefield 4 was atrocious. Hopefully the player reduction lets this game, y'know, work.

TrandoJedi likes this.
  6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    :confused:

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  7. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    At least they kept splitsceen hallelujah for that.

8. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

It seems that anything not talked about today means it doesn't exist. Thus "Only 3 maps! Such fail!"

TrandoJedi and hippie1kenobi like this.
  9. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [face_laugh]

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  10. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    IGN confirmed in an article no campaign, no galactic conquest, no space, no clone wars and TONS of DLC.

11. bigtukker

bigtukker Jedi Master star 2

Sep 22, 2012
    The novel speaks of Coyerti and Haidoral Prime. Are these in the games too?

12. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    If there was actual gameplay footage to watch (not a prerendered cutscene) at the game looked cool, I wouldn't mind the lack of classic battlefront features (as much)

But we STILL have yet to see any REAL gameplay footage.

13. snackynak

snackynak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 19, 2006
    But space battles aren't just for pilots, that's the thing. in the old bf2 game, space battles had a lot going on. There were pilots to fly bombers to take out capital ships, fighters to take out other small space craft, and shuttles to carry marines. Then you could also be a marine and board capital ships to disable the internals or defend your own.

14. CptSteam

CptSteam Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 14, 2014
    Which novel?

Chunkydumb likes this.
  15. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012

My favorite maps in Battlefront II were the Prequel Maps! And wth where are the space battles?!

16. bigtukker

bigtukker Jedi Master star 2

Sep 22, 2012
    Tie-in novel for SWBF

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Who cares about DLC

If they have to release a ton of DLC then it shows the game will be uncompleted when release date comes

18. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    no space battles. no prequel content. no real sp campaign. day one dlc. weapon unlock dlc. 1 semi tfa level (not actually during tfa). $70 pre-order.

Pre-Order Star Wars™ Battlefront - Official Site - Star Wars - Official EA Site

freaking garbage. well now i don't feel so bad about not having new gen. how do you make a game that's worse than the original that came out in 2004?

LISTEN. THE ONLY WAY THESE COMPANIES WILL LEARN IS IF WE DON'T BUY THEIR GAMES.

CoolyFett and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  19. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I'll hope out some hope until we see some game play, but it's a shame our worst fears have come true, they stripped all the parts we loved from the original games.

20. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    That's what I meant, I HATE dlc.

21. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    battlefront 1 had pt content and an sp campaign so no they didn't re-make bf 1.

CoolyFett and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  22. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007

This is the cancelled battlefront 3 we SHOULD of had.

23. lookameatbag

lookameatbag Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2014
    Dice needs to reconsider their decisions, I didn't wait 10 years for Battlefront's return only to have half the game missing.

24. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    They are gonna give the other half of the game to us in OVERPRICED DLC. :(

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Well they are working for EA

CoolyFett likes this.