main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Just realizing we could have gotten this, but all we're getting is Battlefield with a Star Wars paint job....

[​IMG]

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  2. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I'm disappointed in the complete lack of prequel content, galactic conquest, instant action and space battles. I'm still looking forward to the game but all those things are what made Battlefront 2 so fun and my favourite game.

I am glad that there is third person though. I know the first two can be played in first person but I've always played in third person.

CoolyFett and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  3. snackynak

snackynak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 19, 2006
    Yeah, but it's way too late for that now. Even if they wanted to add all the things like more maps, space battles and clone wars, it would set back release by at least a full year if they tried it now. But with that being said, TFA comes out a month after this game, so why bother with clone wars content? What about 1st order/resistance DLC?

4. t-trooperyc94

t-trooperyc94 Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 17, 2015
    I don't have a problem with no space battles. I groaned every time I had to do it in galactic conquest. I don't like the lack of prequel content or classic game modes. Still, I'm cautiously optimistic about this game.

Minez01 likes this.
  5. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Watching that just makes this so much worse, I don't think we're asking a lot to even have half of what they showed here.

6. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    I was mad when they killed the EU

Then I was happy again when I saw the second TFA trailer yesterday.

Now after this "battlefront" news I'm mad again.

CoolyFett and Thoix Heoro like this.
  7. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    Sad how they are blatantly saying, in a way, that battles like Yavin (which was the first ever memorable battle SW fans were introduced to in '77) are not worth the effort putting in the game. No matter how you put it, like it or not, care for it or not, space battles are and always will be an inseparable part of this franchise.

You'd kinda expect this in a modern Battlefront. Ya know?

CoolyFett, Zer0, TheMDOSS1313 and 2 others like this.
  8. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The more I hear about Battlefront, the more it sounds like Battlefield 2 meets Star Wars, with an extremely limited singleplayer and coop component, which isn't the worst thing imaginable, but definitely underwhelming.

9. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    So this is essentially gonna be a watered-down HD battlefront 1 with some TFA DLC?

I'll pass.

CoolyFett likes this.
  10. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    here's some more info. there are 5 worlds. the first, jakku is available first with pre-order but will be playable later. that's a planet in tfa but the gameplay isn't during tfav. :oops: assuming you don't pre-order you have 4 worlds, all ot. tattoine, hoth, endor and sullust? sullust? wtf? [face_phbbbbt]

CoolyFett likes this.
  11. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    Single player campaign? Did you guys even play the first two? The "campaign" was fighting bots on the multiplayer maps. Welcome to 2015, where most of us like to play against actual people.

As for all of the Star Wars:Battlefield talk, I WISH it was heading in that direction. This sounds nothing like Battlefield. 3rd person? Bots? Split screen?

Edit: ^ The preorder gets you Jakku one week early. Then everyone gets it.

12. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
  13. t-trooperyc94

Apr 17, 2015
    I agree, I don't think every game needs single player (or vise-versa). It would still be nice if they include things like galactic conquest though.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  14. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    I'll take bots in galactic conquest and rise of the empire anyday over screaming 12 year olds calling me gay and talking about weed.

CoolyFett and thejeditraitor like this.
  15. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    it was against bots but there were still story elements and sp only levels.

16. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Hopefully there will be more maps that aren't paid DLC, like what is happening recently with Battlefield 4 in the form of night maps, though it still sounds pretty limited in scope.

17. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I think I've seen this type of post before except instead of Battlefront it was Battlefield. The same kind of optimism, which has yet to lead to anything but disappointment. Atleast in terms of a good many Battlefield fans. Most of us relised a long time ago we'd never see another 42 or BF2, and did the right thing and just left it behind. Which seemed to be the right thing considering Bf3,Bf4, and Hardline.

To me there is no excuse for the steps back. Especially concidering a game 10 years ago was going to have, did actually, features like surface to space. Yet a company line EA and DICE couldn't come up with a way to make it work with the advanced tech. I have no respect for lack of ambition.

18. t-trooperyc94

Apr 17, 2015
  19. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    It hate the online gaming crowd and this new trend of online-only and DLC, its killing the gaming industry.

CoolyFett likes this.
  20. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
  21. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Multiple maps per planet is indeed a good sign, but the game is still definitely similar in scale to Battlefield 2 than Battlefield 3 or Battlefield 4.

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Space battles is a part of Star Wars

23. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    The problem with space battles in Battlefront 2 was the fact they were half backed and tacked on to full featured ground and air combat.

ImpKnight and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  24. t-trooperyc94

Apr 17, 2015
    Doesn't mean I want to play them

25. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    doesn't mean you have too