main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Even without space, they're still giving us a starfighter mode. Some people really should stop bashing the game before we get the full details. I'd rather fly around a planet than the emptiness of space anyway.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  2. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    I just recently started playing the halo series again, I forgot how fun it was. So I was playing the level with the hornet aircraft and it really got me pumped after reading about this supposed fighter squadron mode.

Grievousdude likes this.
  3. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Other than flying through and exploring crusiers there's nothing in space that can't be done on ground with starfighters

4. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    There's also the fact there's a lot more to do within a planet than the openness of space. The way the maps are set out on the ground make for more interesting set pieces than just a few cruisers in space, and the bonus is you can also have cruisers within the atmosphere, as well as other bases with gun turrets and the like.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  5. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Dogfighting on the ground also allows the opportunity to have actual crashes- what's there to crash into in space other than utter blackness

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Other ships?

SilentGuy66 and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  7. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    I'm between whether it's a choice of (boring) marketing strategy to pick the ones that are the most iconic to appeal to the audience, or that the available amount of playable vehicles is just that bare-bones. But towards the SW fan with a decent amount of knowledge their PR feels a bit dumbed down. Ofcourse these vehicles are in, they should be in, why expect any less? ... It wouldn't be much of a SW game depicting grand battles without them. It's really nothing special. It has next to nothing to do with entitlement either. I think they just have to try harder to get me to say "now we're talking".

I don't know, maybe they're just underestimating how informed their playerbase is about these things. In any case, i think people would be genuinely more impressed if they spoke about land based vehicles/fighters that are, for a lack of better words, less famous (though i have a hard time figuring out why they should be). Personally i would be looking forward to piloting a TIE Interceptor (my favorite) or T16 Skyhopper. The battles that don't restrict them to what is shown in the movie (to keep up a level of authenticity) should be used and experimented with to offer a wider variety. They've stated the (very) obvious, let's hear about the others. With SW's history of a mind-boggling number of vehicles, EU or not, there's no excuse not to make use of them. Throw in the occasional civilian transport like a swoopbike, skiff or landspeeder near homesteads as well.

Makes me wonder just what they are going to introduce to the Rebels as a counterpart to the Imperial's AT-ST, to create some sense of balance. When it comes to landbased warfare, the Imperials always held an obvious advantage.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  8. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Yea when it came to videogames devs always had to invent some EU tank to balance out the rebels not having decent ground vehicles in the movies.

Vib3s and SilentGuy66 like this.
  9. KING_KENOBI

KING_KENOBI Jedi Master star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    those games were finished. This game is not,if there is to be a public beta it will be a virtual slice of a section that is finished. This is simply what the facts are in this situation,it's a highly rushed along production, it could stand to gain from at least 10 months added production time.it's part of my current employment to talk to these people.

10. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    A month or two before release is when there'll be a beta, when it is more finished and polished. I didn't mean release one now.

11. KING_KENOBI

Oct 19, 2004
    I Realized that.I have seen. abt 15 to 20 minutes worth of gameplay footage,and I was impressed with the fidelity of that level..but of course nowhere near trailer level graphicso,but that should come as a surprise to Noone. It is hard to judge something from footage and not being able to play it.

12. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Regardless, I just wanna see something. Really anticipating June 15th, finally get to see some awesome gameplay.

Vib3s likes this.
  13. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    I expect they'll be a lot bigger though. Obviously it depends on the quality of the maps as well. Hopefully they'll be up to scratch.

14. KING_KENOBI

Oct 19, 2004
    yours for 25$ also prepare to be nickled and dimed like never before

thejeditraitor likes this.
  15. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    I pre ordered my copy yesterday and there's not a thing the haters can say to make me regret that decision:cool:

Ahsoka's Tano and Hamawald like this.
  16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    that' cool. it's not about hating. it's about not getting ripped off.

17. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    Caught this one on the SWBattlefront reddit, but i think it's a fake render. Would be nice to have this as an actual gamemode though...

Edit: So the original source is from some fan site, and they have yet to release it officially (in a larger format), atleast that's what i'm getting so far. If true, i wonder what purpose these SD's will serve and if they're stationary or not. The most obvious guess is a "destroy the opponent's capital ship(s) to win" mode.

Boarding/sabotaging them like the Titans in BF2142 would be nice, but i think that's a stretch;

[​IMG]

thejeditraitor likes this.
  18. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    looks real enough. we've seen that planet in the game it's sullust

19. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    thejeditraitor and Vib3s like this.
  20. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    Couldn't make much out of the comments on their reddit (somewhat confusing), but it was more or less about the SD's actually. Some seemed to imply that it was a fan render of how it should be.

But i assume it's the real deal? :p

21. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    i think so. sullust is at the end of the trailer.

22. KING_KENOBI

Oct 19, 2004
    yet you have only demonstrated that your a poor consumer,

and I actually have a vested interest in this game being successful financially..so I should really thank you for making my family and me richer.

23. KING_KENOBI

Oct 19, 2004
    thats indeed Sullust,first canon appearance and everything

SilentGuy66 and thejeditraitor like this.
  24. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Like I said in my original post, it don't matter what you call me, I'm still glad I pre ordered [face_talk_hand]

25. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014
    I'm glad you feel that way but personally I can't feel excited about this if it doesn't have a campaign, a story. Because in my opinion that's what games should be about, with excellent gameplay and graphics as important complementary bonuses.