main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Yeah. Endor stunk for that mode. Snipers against Ewoks? Seriously?

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  2. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I never played hunt mode for some reason-instant action all the way:D

3. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    You mean conquest, surely?
    I have played other modes occasionally. Mainly hunt. Capture the Flag was fun, but also hard, in a way. Since it was more focused on specific areas.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  4. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Instant Action/Conquest is my favourite gamemode in Battlefront 1 & 2.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  5. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    I think conquest is nearly every persons favourite mode. Or at least, the most played.

6. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Its the most basic universal mode to play. Galactic Conquest got a lot of hours from me in Battlefront 2. I dont understand how new battlefront has less to do than BF2. Its one thing to leave Clone Wars out, its another to leave space battles out. Then they only give you 4 planets to play on? The Deathstar, Bespin and Lothal should all be in this game.

7. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    I can't stand galactic conquest in BF 2. Only the version in BF 1.

8. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    This is the Instant Action conquest mode we're talking about. Galactic Conquest was a good mode, but it has nothing on Instant Action conquest.

9. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I just love Battlefront 1 & 2's Instant Action Conquest, Battlefield's Conquest and CoD's Domination gamemodes.
    I hope the new Battlefront has something like that. Maybe that Supremacy gamemode could be it.

10. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    Yes exactly. As in like in BF1, will we have traditional co-op or versus splitscreen or even solo gameplay offline?
    Also can we order troops around like in previous BF games and can Heroes issue orders as well?

Yes I guess. "If you want something, you have only to take it." - Palpatine dark side quote.
    I do hope they have some attributes that made BF games battlefront though!

Also, I am slightly worried that vehicles seem to be power ups and you can't simply hop in and out of them??

Yes I agree with you. I wanted Hero gameplay to be a little better than BF2 where it seemed a little buttony. Whilst the graphics look better (given it's now 2015) and the heroes look a little more fluid, now that you mention it, I am also worried that we have gone from slashing of BF2 to the saber lock and "press x as many times as you can to overpower the enemy" mode. Can it not be fluid, where you exchange parries, and if you make contact with the opponent they are dead like in the films??

Also can heroes command troops like in the films? I didn't really see much of an order system like in the previous BF even for ordinary troopers.

I sincerely hope that vehicles, whether ground or aerial are not just powerups. That would completely ruin the concept of this being a full on battle. The old BF game has plenty of ground and aerial vehicles like gunships on ground battles. You could walk up to them after one of their regular spawnings and hope in or out as you pleased and reengage as a trooper on the ground if you chose. Also you had the ability to hop into an enemy craft if it was empty, the premise being that "Any vehicle you see is yours". The other point you made about variety is also important. I too hope there are plenty of vehicles like A wings or Y wings. If we had the clone wars, then Jedi starfighters too. Perhaps even the Milenium Falcon which was available even on Rogue Squadron all those years back.

I wonder whether the unit cap is wise. Before on BF, you had about 40 players from each team on the map at one time (so 80 in total) and both teams had a reinforcement count for unlimited respawns of around 250. That made for an epic battle. I hope this new game has that feel. I am happy they appear to have brought back orbital strikes. But is that only for one team??

Can the AT AT deviate from its course like in the old BF where you could drive it?

Do we have traditional Battlefront spitscreen coop or vs gameplay where you have two armies fighting each other with plenty of bots as described above offline?

Yeah I hope this doesn't become button mashing as that would ruin the concept of Battlefront!

Indeed, the snowspeeder harpoon takedown in the old BF games was hard and epic when it worked. Part of the joy of the old games - the AT AT would be moving, you or a co pilot would have to fire the harpoon, and then the pilot carefully circle a moving walker whilst being fired at by the walker itself and any support troops or craft nearby. All this had to be done at speed, and 4 succesful laps had to be made that were adrenaline nail biting stuff. That "one more pass" was authentic and felt like Star Wars.

Agreed. It was funny to be a snow creature.

I do wish we had had a hunt mode on Kamino where you could be the renegade Clones who were loyal to Kamino, not the Empire. Tbh, I wish we had had gunships and aerial vehicles in ground battles in BF2. And heroes should be able to issue orders and request troops to follow them.

Vib3s and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  11. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    I think part of the problem was that the board lost its charm when you constantly had a space battle on your way to planets as you took turns. It also became a little complicated where you had to buy classes and essentially had restrictions on who you be on the battlefield with powerups.

I disliked powerups and prefferred BF1 where you could be anybody however many times you liked. And attack any planet at any time. BF1 had the best gameplay in my view. And I wish they had kept some of those glorious maps from BF1 as well as aerial vehicles (like gunships) in ground battles.

The loadout screen in BF1 was much better as well. I felt like BF2 had been tested poorly and the AI was just focused on killing the human player (even if you were at the other end of the battle, some Ai is firing their pistol at you and ignoring your teammates who are next to them) whereas BF1 you felt like one of the guys and it felt like a large epic battle (Geonosis, Bespin, Kashykk, Rhen Var, the whole lot, felt like you were on the Battlefront)

In terms of Galactic conquest, I get what they were trying to do on BF2, but they should have made movement easier to get to planets, they should have had no powerups once you trained classes, and they should have had something like Empire at War, if they were doing that where you could customize fleets or add Star Destroyers, etc. E.g. you could have 12 Star Destroyers versus 2 enemy cruisers.

Heroes should also be able to issue orders like any other trooper. Also ground vehicles became pointless in BF2 as they were easily defeated and there was zero splash damage????

Instant was the best. Pick any battle, any era, pick any vehicle on the entire map, it is yours. Great. Oh yeah and it's Star Wars... PERFECT!!!

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  12. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Galactic Conquest was easily the best on BF 1 because you could do this destroy a planet with the death star, therefore if you destroyed Naboo you could imagine you'd killed Jar Jar among others

DarthTalonx likes this.
  13. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    I liked both versions of galactic conquest. Bf2's felt like "empire at war jr."

I am also worried vehicles will be cod-esque killstreaks, which means people like me that suck online will never get to use them, and it will also hurt the immersion big time.I want to climb in the cockpit and fly out a hangar, not magically teleport into a cockpit.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  14. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    I'm pretty sure they found a way to balance it out through different game modes to appeal to all level of gamers

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  16. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    That could be really fun to work with. If executed correctly there could be a lot of different play styles to break up the monotony

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  17. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    That's pretty much the idea. I didn't watch the whole video, but I'm wondering if you get to choose new cards each time you're waiting to respawn. Some FPS games have similar features, where you can choose a new loadout every time you die.

Darth Master Titus likes this.
  18. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    ... sounds like crappy custom classes if you ask me. Thank god halo 5 is removing that cod crap.

19. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    That sounds too good to be true haha

Ah come one sarlaccsaurs-rex, lighten up man this is good news! :)

20. TempleGuard

TempleGuard Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2015
  21. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    I guess we'll find out.

22. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    I think it would be repetitive if there weren't any perks or what not, because you want people to play differently and have different abilities. Because if everybody has the same abilities or playing style it won't feel unique.

Obviously we don't want DICE to copy Cod but taking certain aspects and fine-tuning it to make it your own unique system then it could be refreshing as well as rewarding.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  23. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    halo. lol.

24. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    What's wrong with halo? Are you a cod sheep? :p

25. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003