main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Multiplayer differences aside, Halo has some really good lore, its almost as big as star wars now.

2. TempleGuard

TempleGuard Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2015
    Canonically, yes, about as big as Star Wars.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  3. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Halo has a rich backstory comparable in scale to Star Wars, but not nearly as much overall material set in the universe. The books have been on my radar for a while now, but I am avoiding Traviss and Denning like the plague.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  4. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Just like other games that have online focus, it is better to wait a few months to get it until all the bugs are worked out, and content has been added.

5. TempleGuard

Mar 14, 2015
    I tend to preorder. The bugs will be worked out in time, so I focus on timed exclusives.

6. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Its not wise to continue supporting the corrupt business strategy that is day one exclusives/preordering.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  7. NerfHerder123

NerfHerder123 Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2015
    Dice better make sure there multiplayer is amazing especially since they're getting rid of conquest, space battles and instant action. I've seen the trailers and it looks like it's going to be great so I guess we just gotta wait.

JediMatteus likes this.
  8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    DON'T PRE-ORDER. timed exclusives means you will be able to get them later.

JediMatteus and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  9. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Boogie FTW! ^

10. TempleGuard

Mar 14, 2015
    Yeah, eventually. Sometimes not at all, though.

11. TempleGuard

Mar 14, 2015
    I find it thrilling, myself, but whatever.

12. TempleGuard

Mar 14, 2015
    At 1:00, that is exactly what I do.

13. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    Yes, I liked BF1 galactic conquest for that reason too. And that planet would be destroyed for the entirety of the war, so no Jar Jar even if you lost the Clone Wars/Galactic Civil War. =)

Yes, I preferred some of the maps on BF1 which were larger, had ground and aerial vehicles and the gameplay (larger force, larger map, splash damage and better AI). I liked what they tried to do with BF2, Empire at War style, but I think what they needed was the ability to build up fleets to have more Star Destroyers or fighters or whatever you chose to purchase to add some variety. Otherwise, the space battles became repetitive and too balanced. Also it would make it more realistic - for instance you might send one fleet to attack a planet, but have several defending Kamino/Coruscant or Geonosis/Cata Nemodia respectively. In addition, purchasing troop classes can work, but they should be available immediately, not be powerups! In BF1, it was cool to be able to be anybody at any time. I mean if you were down to 2 on the reinforcement count, being a droideka could save your entire war effort lol.

I think the choke points were better on BF1 on ground battles - what you needed was BF1 with improved graphics. Knightfall would have been better also with just your clones vs Jedi -that would have been epic!

It would have been nice in space battles to have a little more variety - the best way would be to emulate ground battles. So for instance - allow all vehicles to move, not just fighters, but Destroyers too - just like in the movies. Allow players to not only board cruisers, but have a big inside so it was like a ground map on a Star Destroyer or Venator itself. Imagine being able to capture another ship. Also there should have been better on board weaponry to shoot into space - like the canons you see blasting away in ROTS from both Republic and Separatist ships.

I totally agree with the concept of powerups in the new game. It would completely ruin immersion if you could not hop in and out of a ship whenever you chose to take offor land on the map, but instead were teleported in at a certain killcount and then were stuck inside your craft until you die. To me, that would not be Battlefront, but COD or Battlefield.

I just wish they would make this a true Star Wars Battlefront. Otherwise they might as well call it Star Wars Battlefield. Don't get me wrong, I am much more excited about this since the new trailers, but there seems to be no concrete answer on their website about whether you still have the old Battlefront (1 or 2) traditional OFFLINE single or coop mode with bots on your team vs others. I get what they did with graphics and applaud that. I would rather wait another year for a game with more maps, Clone Wars, gunships and a decent order system (that Heroes can also use, not just ordinary troopers), and an improved space battle.

Bring us Battlefront I with improved graphics + much better Heroes than in BF2 who can also order troops + more maps + Empire at War style command/credit for conquest and massive space battles like the Battle of Coruscant with the ability to board and capture enemy ships + combined ground and space (or at least the ability to have destroyers in the atmosphere and interaction between vessels in the air and the ground + Aayla Secura in 4K CGI and you've got a 22nd century Star Wars game.

This does look very cool. I think you would be able to decide on each at respawn. I think you get certain abilities that recharge and others which have a limited number of uses. I am very happy to see them bring back Battlefront I's orbital strikes, but are these restricted to one team? And do you get to use them whenever rather than having to wait for a powerup? I sincerely hope that like the old Battlefront games (or at least the first), you can utilize whatever you choose whenever (provided you still have an army standing) rather than having to wait for a killcount to access certain things.

Also the shield looks very cool! Is there an order system though like in BF1? I didn't see anything where you could request troops to follow you? Also will heroes be able to issue orders too? And is the 5 minute trailer reflective of the traditional Battlefront single or coop or versus (via split screen) battles offline where you have AI bots on your team and on the opposition? I do hope so as that is a battle and what we had before.

Also I hope for the sake of immersion, that you can hop in and out of a vehicle at any spawn point at your choosing rather than waiting for power ups. Plus do we get gunships or shuttles to ferry troops around like in BF1?

The graphics looks really good, but do we have bots like before, so that this retains the spirit of Battlefront and doesn't become COD or Battlefield where you can't order people to follow you and you just have to fight yourself?

14. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    I bring thee fresh survivor mode (PC) gameplay;

Anakin_Prime and thejeditraitor like this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    The gameplay looks great, but I still can't see myself playing in first-person mode most of the time. I'm glad they give you the option to switch.

Darth Master Titus likes this.
  16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    this is why you never pre-order!

Hamawald and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  17. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    I think they did that to appeal to the FPS players. It's nice to be able to switch off, but I play BF in 3rd person all the time! Just much better in my opinion.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    One thing I noticed in the gameplay of the new version is that you get FPS mode in the vehicles. Unless I'm mistaken, I didn't think they offered that in the previous games.

19. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    No they didn't. They offer both FP and TP in the vehicles which is to be assumed because the show the inside and out of the vehicle

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The best is the FPS inside the AT-AT walkers. You actually get the perspective on looking down on everyone.

21. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    Yeah you can have a lot of fun with the AT-ATs. Personally, I cannot wait to fly the X-Wings and Tie-Fighters

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  22. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Battlefront 1 had proper first person views for all vehicles. Battlefront 2 ditched that and just used a basic bumper cam view.
    The fact we get get proper first person cockpits again is joyous to me even though I hardly ever go first person.

23. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Was bf1 cockpit first person PC only?

PS2 didn't have it.

24. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Actually, I think it might have been. I've only ever had SWB1 on PC, so was unsure whether the console version had it as well.

25. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Probably a ps2 limitation, I think original xbox had it too.

PS2 had a lot of limitations compared to original xbox.

TempleGuard and thejeditraitor like this.