main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    The heroes shouldn't be the drawing factor of the game itself. Back when the original came out, playing as heroes was nothing more than a bonus. BF2 had an exclusive "Heroes" only mode where everyone on the map got to pick anyone from Luke to Darth Maul. It was fun for maybe 10 minutes; while the 20 on 20 main map battles could carry on for at least a half hour or longer.

2. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    I feel Heroes and Villains was only fun when you arranged certain conditions with friends, or gave yourself a handicap of some sort.
    It was fun to play normal, but never as fun as the regular troop battles.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Not to mention if I remember correctly, you could only play the Heroes and Villains game on one small map (Mos Eisley).

4. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Yeah. It was Mos Eisley. PC mods made it slightly more tolerable, by opening the mode to new maps and adding in random other heroes, but it was still the same in function.

5. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    But that's what I like about Battlefront.

Darkslayer likes this.
  6. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Hero Assault was my favorite mode in BF2. Played that mode the most online. Really fun times... I remember reeking havoc on others as Jango and getti chased all over the map and freaking out when my jet pack fuel ran out and I was going all bounty hunter on the ground...

Darkslayer and Grievousdude like this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    To me those Hero Assault modes got somewhat redundant. Especially if there was someone with an auto-fire controller while using a strong lightsaber wielder like a Jedi or Grievious. They'd just go hopping around wiping everyone before they have a chance to defend themselves.

8. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Man, I'm so excited for the beta! Will definitely be preloading it on the 7th! I'll be glued to my PS4 for that whole weekend! It'll also make time fly with Star Wars Rebels the next week!

9. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    It looks like a big let down so far, not worth of the title. I hate how they have left out the Prequels, so many awesome elements from characters like Mace Windu, Maul, Grievous to planets like Geonosis, Mustafar and Utapau. Have Dice said they might include Prequel content in the future?

Darkslayer and NostalgiaFan like this.
  10. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    This game is going to be a blast! Not sure what people are expecting but so far it seems like a hit to me. I still play BFII and it appears this new game will crush its predecessor in both execution AND scope.

11. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    Reading the vast majority of articles and interviews, i didn't exactly get the impression the PT is on the table, even looking ahead by dropping a hint or two, none of the sort. Their PR (and developers) have been on this pretty straight to the point. Atleast about the OT focus now... And with the ST in the background, i think that's gonna gobble up some of the attention too.

When the DLC's start coming after Jakku, i expect more OT locales, vehicles and weapons for the time being... Unless they surprise me with a decent mix of everything.

12. Delta-7

Delta-7 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 24, 2002
    I would bet we will see more ST DLCs than we will PT.

Which yes is a shame.

Darkslayer likes this.
  13. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I'm ok with it. We've been fed PT stuff for years now. Let's move on to the ST now.

Poor Greedo likes this.
  14. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    I think all the DLC will be OT-themed. The game is set during the OT, so we can expect most new maps to be OT period. I think they're taking the approach of each sequel being set in a new period. BF2 might be PT, BF3 will be ST, etc. I actually like this idea. Gives the game more focus and allows more things from that period in the game instead of having to cram all the movies into one game.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

The game will have Jakku though, and that clearly has nothing to do with the OT.

16. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    But it's Jakku during the OT, 30 years before the ST. What I said was any map will be OT-themed, look at the troopers and AT-STs in the concept art they released.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  17. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I agree Jakkuu may sound like a ST DLC but in actual fact it will be OT based using as ST locale

Darkslayer and StarWarsFreak93 like this.
  18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Kind of reminds me of Disney Infinity's "Twilight" playset using Tatooine during the Clone Wars era. Of course in the newer "Rise against the Empire" playset, you get Tatooine again, but this time in the OT era (mainly Mos Eisley).

19. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    I honestly don't think there's actually much content in this game.

Darkslayer and SilentGuy66 like this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Unless you've played the game, it's impossible to determine how much content it has. Even watching an hour's worth of gameplay footage of one map on Youtube won't tell you everything there is to do in the game.

Darkslayer likes this.
  21. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    It's almost October and they refuse to reveal a new hero.

There's only four maps (5 including the Jakku download) as opposed to the many the first two games had.

And there's no space battles or prequel era content.

It just seems to be shaping up to be another TFU, imo.

22. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Four planets, but 12 maps. There'll be tons to do. Collecting star cards, leveling up and unlocking new weapons, customization, missions (single player or multiplayer), walker assault, drop zone, fighter squadron mode (much better than space battles). And that's not even all of it.

I'm miffed there's no PT content either, but truthfully I'd like to see the PT gets its own game for the sequel, so we get more PT/TCW maps and heroes/ships/planets.

23. Delta-7

Delta-7 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 24, 2002

Even if it is the "worse" Battlefront, it will still be leagues better than TFU I bet.

I think people are (including me) spending too much time comparing it to the first two Battlefronts. They were classic and corny, and much of it is seen through rose tinted glasses. I think DICE is really not just trying to make a good Star Wars game, but a good game overall.

Also StarWarsFreak93 I really like your idea of instead of DLC we will see games set in the other era. While some might cry foul ("why are you making a separate game when it should of been in the original!"), I think a game that is built from the ground up to accommodate the Clone Wars is awesome.

I also am of the mind that Disney is saving Space Battles for its own separate game, one that I hope can be reminiscent of all my favorite Star Wars games of the past (TIE Fighter vs X-Wing, Rogue Squadron, and Jedi Starfighter).

StarWarsFreak93 likes this.
  24. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    TFU 1 AND 2 WERE GREAT.

25. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    I love the TFU 1&2, although 2 was a little too short.

But truthfully, I'm sick of seeing the "no space battles/campaign, not buying" complaint. Battlefront was never known for its single player campaign. It was essentially conquest mode with a few objectives thrown in. And space battles, we're getting fighter squadron mode, which is al it's the same minus being in space. But I don't mind, I'd rather be in the atmosphere of the planet like Sullust. Makes it feel more hectic. You still get to fly fighters so that complaint is void.

thejeditraitor and Ahsoka's Tano like this.