main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. LeiaBuns

LeiaBuns Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 7, 2015
    I've never played an online game before but when I saw Star Wars, I just had to preorder. I still have my Battlefront from my PS2. LOL

Man, I saw the beta requires 11GB in space! Wow. PS4 needed to have a 1TB internal hard drive. I never understood why they didn't do that in the first place.

Sorry for chomping on stupid pills here, but is this game exclusively online or will there be any offline content?

2. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    There's no Story or Campaign proper, but there are a series of 'Missions' levels that allow players to fight solo against bots or play co-op with someone else.
    https://twitter.com/DICEfigge/status/589207550358228992?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

So, it's there. But the focus on this Battlefront seems to be predominantly online multiplayer. Which is a shame, because I really enjoyed Battlefront 2's Campaign, Galactic Conquest, and Instant Action modes.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  4. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    boogie2988 is streaming the battlefront beta on twitch right now.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  5. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Are there any good no-commentary streams with music up yet? Trying to figure out whether or not the music is from TFA and would rather not try to decipher it under the guttural sounds of video game streamers.

6. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    not really. people usually talk.

7. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Yeah, the Missions in the beta is only 6 waves as opposed to the 15 on launch.mtakes about 7 minutes to do those, so I can imagine the final release will take 15-20. Man, this game is amazing. Got to play as Luke on Hoth and you just feel so powerful. It's also scary as hell when Darth Vader is coming at ya.

Poor Greedo likes this.
  8. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  9. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    boogie2988 is streaming battlefront on twitch again.

10. Xodax

Xodax Jedi Knight

Aug 24, 2015
    The game looks amazing so far.

11. shafty

shafty Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    God damn hurry up and open the beta! Iv heard it is 4pm before us in the UK get it!

12. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  13. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    For us in the UK it should be active by 15:00. The time on the PC pre-load has 14:40 by it now though, so possibly due to fan expectation we'll get it a bit early.

14. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    What r u guys playing it on??

15. Billyjeanplxiv

Billyjeanplxiv Jedi Master star 1

Aug 8, 2014
    PC. My unlock is at 12:30ET

16. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    PS4. Supposedly, it becomes available at 1PM ET.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  18. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Good luck finding a non-bundle PS4. Do they even make them anymore?

19. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I'll see all you PS4 users in game! I got an early start on Tuesday, but I can't wait to play with the mass public!

20. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Where the heck is this beta located for ps4?

21. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    So I had a mess of troubles getting it running. Felt like deja vu all over again from the alpha.
    Tried to get on, crash. Realised the computer had defaulted to Integrated graphics to try and run it. Swap to Nvidia graphics, realise my drivers are outdated to run the game.
    Finally get on, realise a controller is no way to play a shooter on a computer. Swap to keyboard and mouse.
    The beta is definitely good. I'll be playing it all weekend. That Sullust map looks so good.

22. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    The beta has sealed the deal for me. I will be not be buying this game. I can't say I'm disappointed since I knew ever since DICE showed of gameplay I knew this game wouldn't live up to the hype, and all information since then has been nothing but bad ideas. The core gameplay isn't too bad, but everything else is just boring and adds little to no variety to the game. For a game that pushes the "authentic" feel of Star Wars, having glowing powerup icons on the battlefield just feel out of place. People who throw the word "authentic" around when it comes to Star Wars has no idea what the hell they're talking about. At least that what it seems like. And don't get me started on the matchmaking-less missions.

Battlefront will most likely be nearly dead half a year after release. There are much better multiplayer offerings out in the market.

23. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    The game is sick and works flawlessly for me but I want to know if they are planning on releasing the Collector's Edition.I am planning on getting the digital Deluxe Edition but if they will release CE I don't want to waste money cause I will end up buying both.

24. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    good news. Old Battlefront tactics are still effective against heroes. Shame there are less rag-dolly deaths.

25. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    The beta is fun, but I have decided to cancel my pre-order, the replayability seems so low on the game. I'm bored already after two matches of the unbalanced walker assault mode. I'll wait for a price drop down the line.