main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlefront 3 or KOTOR 3 -- Which one would you rather have?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Lord-Draco, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    I don't know if this topic will get locked or not but who cares, I'm a risk taker so I'll continue on.

Battlefront 2 isn't even out yet, but some minor talk has been said about it. When I asked Shara Miller, LucasArts Producer about if there will be a Battlefront 3, she just simply said "Always in motion the future is...." She didn't say yes or no, but more like a maybe so. Oh well, I'm going to take it upon myself and assume that there will be one. BF1 sold great even though its # of sales didn't equate to its overall quality. BF2 will sale even better, so LA would be stupid to not follow up with a BF3 on the PS3 and 360.

Then we have KOTOR. While BF1 out sold it, you still can't take away from the fact that KOTOR probably is LA best well-rounded videogame....thanks to the team at Bioware. KOTOR 2 was a hit and left us all in a cliff hanger. Does the Exile find Revan? What happens next? I would like to assume that there will be a K3, but who knows. LA is known to have did some shady things in the past.

But enough with my endless rants and let me get to the point. If you had the power to sit at a LucasArts board meeting and dissuss future games and when Battlefront 3 and KOTOR 3 is brought up. One executive says "Its time for us to bring back our big hits, however we're on a tight budget and trying to create Battlefront 3 while trying to create KOTOR 3 will be too much for us. So we need to focus on just one game right now. We'll develope one game, and then bring out the other game the following year. That way we'll have two great showings at E3 back to back years. Whick of the two (BF3/K3) do you think we should focus on now?"

What would you say? I would go with KOTOR 3 for many reasons. First because I would want them to do K3 and release that so that they can eventually focus on a possible future KOTOR titles such as KOTOR 4 or even KOTOR 0, a prequel. So once BF3 comes out the next year, we would already have KOTOR 3 and another KOTOR would already be in the talks/works.

Besides, I'm more excited to see another KOTOR game then a Battlefront game.

I tried to keep it under 8 paragraphs for my people who don't like to read lol. I think I did a nice job doing so. :)

Discuss

Lord-Draco has spoken

2. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    KotOR 3. I still say KotOR 0 should be an action game starring Canderous and Carth. Man that would pwn.

3. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    It's funny how some are talking about BF3 already when BFII hasn't even been released, jeez.

I'd have to say KOTOR 3 for now though.

4. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    LMAO Draco, you're a nut bro.

I'm gonna go against the grain and say both. LA wants our money, why not give me both?

5. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    Lol, until someone cracks me open....I'm just a nut in its shell. ;)

But you do have a point. LA probably would release both around the same time, although that would be to their own demise though. Why release two powerhouses at the same time? Release one, let that get its shine then release the other. But you're right, know LA they probably would come out with both at the same time.

6. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    KOTOR 3, without a doubt.

7. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    If I had to guess, I'd peg a possible KOTORIII as an X-Mas '06-'07 next gen console release and BFIII the next 3rd Quarter?

8. Kish

Kish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2004
    Defintely KOTOR 3.

BFII is already just more of them same. I hate to think i'll have to go out and waste another 50 dollars on an expansion pack again.

9. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    Lol, calling BF2 a expansion pack is both a overstatement and understatement.

But remember now, BF3 can expand beyond just OT and PT stuff. Remember EU can be a big key factor. Also not to mention the graphics update.

Heh, its kinda awkard talking about BF3 when BF2 isn't even complete yet. Oh well, this is just a fun debate/speculation.

10. DarthAJ

DarthAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2004
    I'd say KOTOR even though i haven't started KOTOR II yet.

#1: They need to end the cliff-hanger.
    #2: wrap up the KOTOR series with as a nice trilogy.
    #3: Battlefront would need to wait for updated technology and story ideas for it to be a smash hit for a third time. And being a BF fan I'd want it to be perfect.

11. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    KOTOR 3, but only if it's better than it's predecessor; KOTOR 2 was a big letdown. The gameplay was good, but the story and characters were very poor in standard.

12. ticopuma

ticopuma Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 2, 2005
    Kotor 3, ALL THE WAY

13. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
  14. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
  15. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    KOTOR III

KOTOR's story needs to be finished, while BF3 would likely turn out to be a more advanced version of the predecessors, it's not really a story driven shooter that absolutely needs a sequel ;)

16. Flask

Flask Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 22, 2000
    KOTOR 3.

17. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    So, bring out BF3 first, it's just a dumb FPS, and use the extra year of development to really hone KOTOR 3 and ensure the shortcomings of KOTOR 2 aren't repeated.

Why's everyone picking their 'favourite' to be released first? Makes no sense - just as well you guys aren't really on the LucasArts board, huh?

18. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    Yeah, that would be the more logical answer. The thing is, I'm going by the assumption that one will come out in 2006 and the other in 2007. If K3 is made to come out in 2007, I would be too afraid that LucasArts may try to rush the game so that it could come out in May 2007 the same time the Saga DVD set comes out.

19. neo_mp5

neo_mp5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2004
    i don't like battlefront. at all.

20. A_Dog_Named_Deathly

A_Dog_Named_Deathly Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2005
    I had high hopes for Battlefront 2...'til I played the demo. I wasn't a big fan of 1, either. Give me Battlefield over Battlefront any day.

That said, KotOR 3>Battlefront 3, in my mind...assuming the third KotOR is allowed to be completed by LA this time around.

21. Fox4

Fox4 Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    Kotor 3...

22. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    Can you do me a favor? Can you atleast rent the game when it comes out? Because there is a lot in BF2 that wasn't in the Demo.

23. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Neither. I'd want a new game set in the SW universe. Maybe an updated Rogue Squadron game.

24. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    KOTORIII.

I haven't even bothered with BF1 or BF2.

25. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    You know what I would really like? Lucasarts to do more bug testing then having monkeys throw feces at it and call it a finished product.

And really, who gives **** about Battlefront anymore? If they couldn't do a decent first game that was rushed, what makes you think that a rushed second game will be better? I predict twice the faults.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.