main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlefront 3 or KOTOR 3 -- Which one would you rather have?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Lord-Draco, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Draco you are a habitual thread bumper.

Saying "oh yeah me too" everytime someone posts in this thread is lame.

But then again the whole idea of trying to compare two seperate games from different genre's is lame so I guess I shouldn't be surprised eh?

2. masterluke9

masterluke9 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    They are from 2 separate genres but if i had to choose i'd go with Battlefront. There's so much more potential. KOTOR 3 will not be able to stack up against the first two because they have nowhere to go.

3. Master_EdgeCrusher

Master_EdgeCrusher Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 21, 2005
    KOTOR III! and still waiting!

4. uwishuwereme

uwishuwereme Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 20, 2005
    Kotor III lasts longer, I beat BF2's Galactic conquest and Rise of the Empire in one day,it took me a couple days to beat kotor. Im not sure how many hours i beat it in tough.

5. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    You know, we weren't asked to compare the two, just to choose which we'd rather have next.

6. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    I bet we'll have both, and I'll bet KotOR3 will be beter

7. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Exactly Indiana_Fett

Around TFN and the Star Wars gaming community in general, KOTOR and Battlefront stands as the more popular games. I own all 4 games (KOTOR 1&2 and BF 1&2) and I enjoy all of them, however, I enjoy the KOTOR games more and I am more anticipated for a KOTOR 3 than a BF3. There is always an on-going debate about which game/series is really better. I created this thread during the time before BF2 came out back when the BF2 Thread was the #1 thread in this forum. I saw all of the hype and anticipation going on in that thread but I also so a large legion of people here who continued to talk KOTOR and all its aspects. With all that being said I decided to create this thread. Despite the high sales of the BF games and the high review scores for the KOTOR games, I wanted to see between both series, when series has the most anticipated sequel amungst the TFN: Games Fanbase. From the results, it seems as if KOTOR 3 as of now is the most wanted sequel between us all here at TFN: Games. Hell, I could do this same thread at another LucasArts/Star Wars Gaming site and the results could be completely different.

I'm sorry that this thread continues to somehow bump its way back up to the top of the forum and if you don't like that, why even bother posting in it? If there is a thread that I don't like and I want to see go away, why would I post in it? If I had something to say about someone I would just PM that guy/girl. Ever thought of that?

Happy New Year!
    ;)

8. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    Is this topic/debate still going on?

They're two totally seperate styles of gaming...come on.

9. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    Again, please learn the meaning behind the thread before making ignorant judgements.

This thread isn't called Battlefront 3 or KOTOR 3 -- Which one is better?

Its about which game do you hold more anticipation in. Like I said in the previous reply, the BF/KOTOR games are probably the more popular Star Wars games recently and between the two, I just wanted to see which game people would want more. Not saying which is better, but what do you want more. There has been many people in this thread that says that BF2 is better than KOTOR/KOTOR 2 but yet in this thread they say that they want KOTOR 3 more. Which shows that this isn't a comparison thread in terms of quality.

Still don't like it, don't post in this thread. How hard is it to comprehend that?

10. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    Ok Draco...first off you and I were supposed to be bros - so don't hand me your "ignorant" crap. the last thing I am is ignorant.

This topic has strayed toward "BFII was a letdown", "KOTORII was incomplete" and you see those posts as well. I was not aiming what I said at you or your precious topic so get off the soapbox for a second.

Yeah, even I said I want to see KOTORIII more - but they're still apples & oranges.

*edit* and I'll post wherever the h*ll I want to, you of all posters should know that.

11. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    It's suppose to be a friendly discussion Pyscho and Draco, so just cool it. What you intrepret to be an insult or something could have been different in his opinion.

12. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    Psycho is right. This is a case of apples and oranges and Draco, the topic implies that this is a competition to see which one is better. Do you really think people would rather have the one that worse?

13. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    That was the first post of this thread. Nothing in there is said about which game is better or which game is worst. Nothing in there is said about which game will sale more or which game will sell worst. Its just a simple "They're both going to be great games but if you could only have 1, which would it be" type of idea. Its not my fault that people interpet things the wrong way.

14. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Look I loved Battlefront 2 but I'd would take KOTOR 3 over BF3 in a heartbeat.

15. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Real story > mindless action

16. Indiana_Fett

Dec 12, 2004
    Does the KOTOR franchise have any replay value or multiplayer aspect? I'm not trying to sound like an ass, I'm asking because I don't know. I like the Battlefront series because of this and probably because I don't know of many RPGs that have online multiplayer. The one thing the Battlefront series could use is a decent story line, not trying to incorperate stuff into small scenes. That's why with the merging of Pandemic and BioWare, we can get perfect Jedi and military combat with a good story line involving the KOTOR era.

17. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    That's so true... I want KOTOR three because I'm a sour nerd that's been playing Jedi Outcast for two hours now.

18. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Indiana_Fett: The KOTOR Games have rich replay value because of the wide range of gameplay possibilities given the gender of the PC as well as his/her general class, Jedi class, Light/Darkside inclinations, romance inclinations and just about every other decision the player makes during gameplay. Not one game will be similar to another if you take those possibilities into account.

Me, I'd go for KOTOR 3 in a heartbeat. BF is simply so much mindless action on par with the Battlefield games, which aren't any better as far as I'm concerned. Oh yeah, the online gameplay isn't much to talk about due to the usual lag that plagues just about every other server. I'd rather have rich and deep offline gameplay with an actual story than just another team shooter. Mind you though, I don't want another incomplete, buggy game like KOTOR 2. I'd be willing to wait a couple of years for a solid game that won't make me throw my controller at the tv screen due to flaws and bugs.

19. NightHunter319

NightHunter319 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    BF3
    Next Gen system + BF3 + online play = teh sweet

20. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    I would go for X-Wing Alliance 2

21. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    KOTOR III, definitely. Battlefield are fun games, but they're nothing really new either gameplay-wise or story-wise (especially givne that plot was totally absent from BFI). But I hope they wait on KOTOR III at leas a bit, so they can tie in some stuff from the KOTOR comics into it.

22. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    I want to keep this on topic, but I'll bring this up anyways for the time being. How long are you all willing to wait for each game? For Battlefront 3 it is something that really isn't on my mind right now so I could wait til 2009 if all I care. As for KOTOR 3, the longest I would be willing to wait before I become impatient is E3 2007. If nothing is announced by then, then I would become impatient with LucasArts and march up to San Rafael, CA and go John Q on everyone.

23. NightHunter319

NightHunter319 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    I could wait till 09, I have games to play in between that period.

I would buy and play KOTOR 3, but if I could get one before the other it would be Battlefront

24. luisgarcia456

luisgarcia456 Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2005
    Just give me my kotor 3 and everybody will be safe

25. Indiana_Fett

Dec 12, 2004
    I should give the KOTOR games a play then. Oh and by the way...

[image=http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00006AGMQ.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg] > [image=http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0001ZXA88.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg]

[face_worried]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.