main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlefront AI vs. platform.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Night4554, Sep 27, 2004.

?

Battlefront AI vs. platform.

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. PS2 - AI good

9.5%
  2. PS2 - AI average

9.5%
  3. PS2 - AI poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Xbox - AI good

4.8%
  5. Xbox - AI average

23.8%
  6. Xbox - AI poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. PC - AI good

4.8%
  8. PC - AI average

42.9%
  9. PC - AI poor

4.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
  2. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    A relevent poll relayed to me - what have your experiences been?

¤Night

3. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    So far ive only played the xbox demo from the OT dvd's and the ai there was ok. The ATSTs werent very aggressive, really, i was sitting right in front of them shooting them while they just shot little ewoks who were running away. Youd think theyd attack something that was attacking them rather than hit useless things. That was my only gripe about it.

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > Youd think theyd attack something that was attacking them rather than hit useless things [ewoks].

Man, some people can't have paid much attention to Return of the Jedi.

;)

And yeah, nice poll night. :p In the general thread it's impossible to know if the majority of AI complaints are platform specific or if it's a cross-platform gripe..

5. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Does the game differ in such a way between platforms? heh, learn something new everyday. I would have thought the game is the game. End of story.

6. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    Well of course ive seen rotj, but the ewoks they were killing were just running away. So they werent a threat. So therefore the ai wasnt as good as i would have thought it should be.

7. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    I would say the A.I. in the demo was below average. AT-ST and guys on speeder bikes get caught on trees on a regular basis.

The A.I. in the retail game is average to poor. A.I. pilots in starfightres spend more time casually flying around instead of lending air support. Only the A.I. for the Hoth Speeders actually take an active part in battle and thats just for tripping up the occasional Walker. The Jedi A.I. is pretty dumb alot of times I'll catch them slacking off and just standing there while theres a fight going on. I've seen the A.I. let them selves get shot up while sniping by guys who are standing next to them and they never fight back. Only to respawn and take the position again and get killed again in the same way. Or how about the guys who will not secure a command post, even though I'm sitting in my vehicle and have cleared out the whole area. What do my troops do instead, they run off for the next fight. Forcing me to leave my vehicle to take the command post. In fact I don't think I've ever seen them capture a command post without me having to do it.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

8. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Makes you feel, important, no?

9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Well, at least they can shoot things... barely.

10. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    On my PS2 it varies. Sometimes my teammates are smart and so are my enemies. Other times the enemies are smart and my allies dumb. Or the other way around. Sometimes I have to do everything myself and other times my troops will capture and hold command posts.

11. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    PC - average. It's not the best AI I've ever seen, but I'm yet to see any of these problems that people complain about.

12. Shiro

Shiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2004
    Sometimes my teammates are smart and so are my enemies. Other times the enemies are smart and my allies dumb. Or the other way around. Sometimes I have to do everything myself and other times my troops will capture and hold command posts.

Same here rogue_wookiee, the bots act that way on the PC version.

13. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I'm just happy to be able to shoot those Ewoks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.