main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Battlefront: Are You Still Playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Snokers, Mar 13, 2016.

?

Do you still like Battlefront?

1. Hellz Yeah!

50.0%
  2. Nope

29.2%
  3. Never Played It

16.7%
  4. Bantha Fodder

4.2%
  1. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    A lot of people have condemned Battlefront already, saying it's devoid of content and getting up in arms about having to pay for DLC packs for maps, characters, weapons etc.

I personally still love the game and play it on a regular basis. I think it's the first Star Wars game to come along in a good number of years that really captures the atmosphere, look and sound of the movies. I was interested to know if there's anyone out there who still thinks this game has potential at time goes on and who still love playing it. Also, if you think the opposite, share your opinions.

You can also add me on Playstation for a game: PSN ID - jw94D2

:D

2. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Picked this up up after it had been out for a, looked amazing but I got borad realy really fast, So I went and got my money back. May pick it up again when they do a game of the year eddition or I'll just wait till BF2, considering it looks like the DLC is going to be a bit of modifaction to already existing maps.

3. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I love the game and still play it regularly. It's not perfect but it's really fun and a great Star Wars game.

Jhawk117 and B99 like this.
  4. Labria_uk

Labria_uk Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2000
    I still play it, I find the new monthly content to be very good and eagerly awaiting for the DLC. I will probably keep on playing it daily til next month when Dark Souls 3 comes out then less afterwards.

If anyone wants to add me I'm on PSN : benjonbroad

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    So I've started playing a bit more, recently - I am dreadful, like a Level 2 on Multiplayer. Need a lot of practice, but anyone willing to put up with my awfulness, I'd be glad to accompany you into battle.

Labria_uk and anyone else - I am rockytop1785.

6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I will be till my Ps+ runs out in 2 wks,, I will need a break....!

7. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I fall into the camp that thought the game was bad. Not terrible, just ill thought out. Mechanically, it's very bare bones with little in the way of skill being involved to play. That sounds like an amazing method of introducing people to online versus multiplayer, but instead of maintaining equilibrium by offering boons to players performing badly they achieve it by making all the blasters handle really poorly.

I'm not someone who holds the original games on the pedestal of perfection that many seem to do around here, and many of the criticisms leveled at the new game can be aimed at the Pandemic ones too. However the key difference between this one and the old ones is the content - namely the lack of it. Again, I'm not exactly nostalgic for the old games. I don't get teary eyed at memories of the campaign modes. I saw them for what they were: multiplayer matches with bots replacing human interaction. Yet that's still more content than the Dice game has. There's no longevity here, it's a game that lives and dies exclusively off of its online community. Entire game modes were rendered unplayable at launch on PC because nobody was playing them. The problem is compounded further by the lack of unlocks and maps, so there's very little to keep the community that this game has to thrive on alive and kicking. At launch you could see all the maps in a playlist within an hour, and even with the free content updates since launch the game only has seven maps in the big game modes that people still play.

Soon EA are going to make the issue worse yet again with the release of DLC, pretty pricy DLC for the content on offer at that, thus fracturing an already small community into even smaller portions. This is a major problem with the AAA games industry right now, they count their chickens before they hatch and create multi-year plans for content delivery, even if it comes at the expense of outright killing the game they're adding content to.

In all honesty, I think EA have created a launch product that's even more barebones than Titanfall, a game that I rather enjoyed yet still abandoned due to the community drying up really fast. I don't think Battlefront has a much more vibrant future ahead of it. Like Titanfall this feels like a prototype, an early access product for the next game in the franchise.

Deliveranze, Zeta1127 and Mr. Forest like this.
  8. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I tried playing the game tonight, but it failed me. In the one game I played of Walker Assault on the Survivor's of Endor map, I ended up going 37 / 2 and ended up as the MVP of the game. Yet...I didn't really feel like I did much of anything. It was a weird experience because for the whole game I felt like I was on autopilot, not having to really pay much attention as I just ran from up link to up link to activate and defend them. I just...can't do it anymore. When I play the game now, it honestly makes me a bit depressed because the game just doesn't have much to offer outside of nostalgia. Knowing EA has exclusive access to the license does not make me feel any better at all.

As for the DLC, I will just watch to nice walk-through videos of the maps. I really have no desire to continue playing the game as of right now nor do I feel like purchasing any DLC for the game. It just isn't a good enough game to warrant my support, even if I love Star Wars. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to play a bit of Battlefront II on the original Xbox. I know it's not a perfect game, but it has a lot more to offer than this game does, especially on the single player front.

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I agree, I like the single player on Battlefront II a good bit better. Perhaps because I still rarely beat the AI on Normal in this Battlefront.

B99 likes this.
  10. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I think I'm in a similar boat. :) I'm awful at video games, and am a low level/rank on the Battlefront multiplayer. I try, I really do, but I tend to be in the lower half of whichever team I'm on and end up with the most deaths of anyone in that match. This is one reason I personally wish the single-player aspects of Battlefront were expanded a bit - I want to play some of these modes without feeling like I'm dragging a team down with me.

I think it would be fun if there was an option to do "novice" multiplayer matches only for characters under a certain level/rank, even if it was limited and not all game modes had it. I know that won't ever happen, but it'd be cool.

heels1785 likes this.
  11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Have it, only played twice

12. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    The Ai can be tough..

13. zisme

zisme Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2016
    bought it shortly after release. completed several of the single player challenges. played a handful of multiplayer games. i'm pretty awful. i tend to steer away from MMOs. my gaming time these days is limited, and i prefer to set the terms of my play sessions. elder scrolls has been occupying most of my time lately. i'm also replaying ocarina of time for a nostalgia kick :D

game looks great and performs smoothly, but it does feel incomplete. i much prefer battlefront ii
    i may give it another try eventually, but i'm in no hurry

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

I've sent friend requests to both of you. We have a JCF Community Group, with about a dozen or so members. Connect with me, and I'll send you an invite to the group. My PSN ID is Jon1277.

Snokers likes this.
  15. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    Just played it last night. Experienced some lag but still had at least somewhat of a good night. Will be playing more over Spring Break next week :D

16. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Oh definitely, I play it every day. And even more excited for the expansion on Tuesday!!

17. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    PC version here - I think i'm done. Server population issues are worse than ever.

18. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    I occasionally start playing again only to get bored after 15 minutes or so. It's just so shallow, with no real learning curve or incentive to keep playing.