Buff, NY BATTLEFRONT GAME

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Irish501st, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Irish501st Jedi Youngling

WHY IN GOD's NAME - has Lucas Arts not produced a Battlefront game that is like Halo or COD where you have loadout weapons, change armor as you level up with most important ONLINE MATCHMAKING where you either get thrown in as rebel or empire soldier (team deathmatch) or garrison vs garrison similar to a red vs blue in Halo. Seems like a no brainer to me with the amount of Star Wars fans or the potential game players of similar games that would cross the lines.

Instead they give us Force Unleashed that is solo campaign or PC Knights of the Old Republic..Wake up Lucas Arts.
  2. Wild Sidewalker Jedi Master

star 3
    I loved Battlefront 2! I think the failure to continue with this series is a reflection of Lucas Arts having poor direction
  3. 72Princess Force Ghost

star 4
  4. JediXXL Force Ghost

star 5
    Well if you remember, Jedi Academy, there were tons of mods that made that game better... Try Republic Commando multiplayer.
    myhale99 and Irish501st like this.
  5. Thefinalhack Jedi Master

star 1
  6. Wild Sidewalker Jedi Master

star 3
  7. Thefinalhack Jedi Master

star 1
    The catch is they don't have the rights to star wars but this effects the devs more than us as they cant sell this game but they can produce it

When i heard this i thought it would be a crappy game but it is clearly going to be on of the best games i have ever seen. Think of this like wilapedia its free to the public it is not government funded and they don't make money from users they rely on donations and still do a good job

Sent via my astromech droid
  8. Wild Sidewalker Jedi Master

star 3
    I will definitely check it out if I can; I'm an iMac guy but I am upgrading to a Mac Pro and have been considering giving the PC world a small partition on my system. :)
  9. Thefinalhack Jedi Master

star 1
    You can run windows on your current iMac via boot camp you don't need to give up precious mac pro disk space for that
    I have os x lion running alongside windows 7 pro on my pc so I'm familiar with dual booting different operating systems

10. Irish501st Jedi Youngling

EEEHHHH PC/MAC base loses in my opinion not everyone has coin for gaming PC (but I have 3 xboxes in my house) - Everyone gets to play then. This will limit users and founding. FREE just means eventually this will fall by the way side. As eventually paying jobs will take priority. Everyone says they'll donate .... but don't. Just put it on XBOX/PS, charge the money, have dedicated servers and game on. Didn't fail Nights of the Republic game/PC wise but would be that much more if on gaming consoles. Besides NEXT GEN consoles on their way this year and will be able to handle massive video graphics. cryEngine 3 is a great developer (currently have CRYSIS 3 done by them) I am sure it will be used as a marketing ploy in the end. The almighty dollar always wins.
  11. Darth Erebus Jedi Master

star 2
    you can buy a completely acceptable pc for gaming for little more than it would cost to buy a xbox bundle. I enjoy PC gaming much more than console gaming myself and i believe there is a much broader range of possibilities than the limitations of the consoles.
  12. Marka_Ragnas Force Ghost

star 1
    Battlefront were good games, levels were pretty, gameplay simple but effective. Just not sure what's going on at Lucasarts right now, real mess
  13. Thefinalhack Jedi Master

star 1
    CryEngine 3 is a game engine not a developer