main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlefront: General Discussion [PS2 | XBox | PC]

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DarthJimmy2002, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRaanic

JediRaanic Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2001
    Can anyone help me with the Hoth level of Battlefront? I can't beat Hoth as Rebels despite my many attempts. How do I do this? Can it even be done?

I have seen elsewhere, to capture the far-out base so At-ATs can't spawn, but when I capture/hold this base, I eventually lose all the others! Help!

2. SithLordPat

SithLordPat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    Wow on your playing on hard right? Its easy with both factions. I usually hop into a snowspeeder first with a guy fly to the AT-AT's and take them out, then land (when you first spawn, spawn as a Rebel Vanguard and take out the AT-ST's. Then usually they'll have taken the Forward bunker, so go take that back. And don't worry about the Imperials outpost if you take it the AT-ATs spawn either way. Just kill off Imperials and hold your bases.

3. JediRaanic

JediRaanic Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2001
    I have been playing it on Easy. The thing is, when I take the forward base, my troops can't seem to hold any other bases, I would have to leave the forward base to help out and keep the bases, if I do that, then I lose the forward base.

4. BarbarianKing

BarbarianKing Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2005
    Can someone help me out on the Endor level? I get to the bunker and everything that I'm supposed to destroy and I fire some of the rockets at it and get it down to about 1/4 health or whatever and then I run out of ammo? I mean, someone, help me out here! How do I beat this level?

5. SithLordPat

Mar 30, 2005
    You don't have to destroy the Bunker. I usually do. I also usually play as the Empire but when your the Rebels play as the Wookie Smuggler. He has the time bombs. Spawn at the First spawn point the farthest one back it has the Speederbikes. Hop on a speeder bike drive to the bunker, use the outer areas of the battle where no one is. When you get there kill and opposition. Go inside lay one of your bombs at one side of the generator and one at the other (try to get one next to the floor but on the generator so they bombs don't destroy each other). Then you'll run out go out of the bunker but be careful of any Imperial troops that may be about, restock with the little droid that is outside then go back inside and repeat. Usually your guys can hold their own while your away. Then if your speeder is still there get back into the battle if not just respawn.

Just follow my instruction, Hoth is an easy level especially on easy.

6. deadjedi_willbe

deadjedi_willbe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2003
    On Endor:

Capture the "camp" Empire command post (the Empire's southern most) as quickly as possible. On the hard level, that post is essential to victory. Then, use the Vanguard to sit at the ammo stop (just NW of that post) and pick off the walkers. It gives you a wide open stretch to take them down, plus you keep reloading.

For the bunker, wait until the enemy has around 30 left. You wait until 30 because the Empire will desert the bunker. Then respawn, choose a wookiee, and spawn at the southern post where the speeder bikes are. Speeder bike your way up and it's all yours. I have very good directions on how to make it to the bunker safely on speeder bike, it's a few pages back.

7. SithLordPat

Mar 30, 2005
    I usually win with my way without even bothering with that camp. But both ways are good.

8. BarbarianKing

BarbarianKing Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2005
    Thanks a lot. I'll use your direction when I play it next. Also, I was wondering, how do I change from Rebels to Empire and vice versa?

9. deadjedi_willbe

Aug 31, 2003
    Here are directions for successfully taking a speeder bike to the bunker. I've been taking this route forever:

1. Jump on your bike and fly strait ahead. You'll notice a slanted fallen tree and 2 Ewok houses. Take a right (2 o'clock turn) at the houses. You'll have to slow down just a little on this.

2. Follow the opening, but stay to the left of it, because there are rocks to the right, just before the hollow tree.

3. Go through the hollow trees. When you come out, take a right (another 2 o'clock turn) and follow the open space.

4. You'll find yourself approaching an Empire's post (the one that spawns the walkers). Once you hit the "red" part of the post (or green if you've already captured it), make a sharp left (you'll almost have to stop) and head for the bunker. I like to time it and jump off at the last minute.

This is the easiest and fastest route I have found. Unfortunately, the Empire thinks the same. ;)

10. SithLordPat

Mar 30, 2005
    When playing historical campaign you start off as teh Empire and then the Rebellion. But in instant action or Galactic Conquest you can choose either Rebels or Empire , or CIS or Republic. You can't change in the middle of a battle though

11. JakiChan

JakiChan Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    I wasn't asking about the $45 used vs. the $50 new, but rather the whole idea of buying a 2nd copy of a game I already have for the PS2. It just seems kinda silly - especially if BFII is coming out soon.

12. SithLordRevan

SithLordRevan Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2004
  13. dandeschain

dandeschain Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    Just wondering how well this game will perform on my pc.
    512 mb of ram
    p4 3.0 ghz
    intel 82915 integrated graphics card.
    my setup seems to run KotOR reasonably well.
    thanks in advance.

14. dandeschain

dandeschain Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
  15. Boba_Fett23

Boba_Fett23 Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    what kind of fighting styles do u guys use? i play on hard and almost always play as the soldier. when an enemy is at me, i move the left analog left, right, left, right, left, right really quickly. its very effective, i almost never get hit by the guy who's at me, and i can even take out droidekas most of the time one on one when i use this strategy. does anyone else do this?

on hoth, as the rebels, i just spawn as a soldier, head over to the empires far comand post, crush any resistance, then take and defend the command post. its kindof hard, but it works for me. besides, id rather fight on the ground then fly a speeder any day.

16. Boba_Fett23

Boba_Fett23 Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    somebody say something

17. jedicam10

jedicam10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2005
    oR... square,circle,square,circle
    PS2'ers, like me. :D

18. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    on hoth, as the rebels, i just spawn as a soldier, head over to the empires far comand post, crush any resistance, then take and defend the command post. its kindof hard, but it works for me. besides, id rather fight on the ground then fly a speeder any day.

I think its best to start as a pilot and take down the AT-ATs before people get in them. It gives you a really good command post lead and the imperial numbers start dropping really fast

19. jedicam10

Apr 16, 2005
    Heres a question...

Geonosis or Hoth

I choose Geonosis

20. JediMasterKitFisto

Aug 27, 2002
    Geonosis is completely one sided. If you're playing as Clones you're pretty much screwed.

Hoth is a little more balanced, and I like the Civil War Era better anyway, so I say Hoth.

21. deadjedi_willbe

Aug 31, 2003
    Geonosis is completely one sided. If you're playing as Clones you're pretty much screwed.

I disagree.

Geonosis is a difficult level (on the hard setting), but in no way are you "screwed" with the clones. You just have to know a few strategies.

22. JediMasterKitFisto

Aug 27, 2002
    I know the strategies. My AI bot dont do crap out that level. Once I got 95 kills and 0 deaths and I still lost by 50+ units

23. jedicam10

Apr 16, 2005
    Get a Gunship, Fill it up, Kill the Techno Union Ships, Drop them off behind the Spire, Defend the derilect (its your best defence for the assembly area), andassist the AT-TEs.

Another Q:

AT-TE
    or
    AT-AT

I choose AT-TE

You rarly squash your team, Defend from all sides And can be transported fast then ATATs

24. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    I got the first person view to work, but I cannot get a cockpit view; I attempt to change it in options, but the view stays 3rd person. [face_plain]

This is for PS2. I'm beggining to think I should buy an X-Box verion. [face_plain]

~Vassago

25. CloneCommander07

CloneCommander07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2004
    3rd Person for Vehicles, 1st Person for ground assault. Guaranteed easy.

Flying planes in 1st person is nearly impossible for me. Especially for a non-inverted mouse like mine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.