main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlefront: General Discussion [PS2 | XBox | PC]

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DarthJimmy2002, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 694377

694377 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 24, 2006
    i dont know, trust me i dont know.

2. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Just wanted to throw out an invite to anyone interested in playing a little Battlefront (PC). You can check out our thread here for the details.

3. AqUaMuLe

AqUaMuLe Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2004
    This is just a general info question. It's been about a year and a half(probably longer than that) since I played online with Battlefront (PC).

Is there still alot of people playing this game online?

If anyone could let me know, that would be great. I would love to go back to playing again, but I havent installed it yet. Just figured I'd ask first.

I tried playing battlefront II online, when I got it for christmas (christmas before last), but I could just never get into it, for some reason. I probably just didnt play it enough.

Anyway TIA

4. AqUaMuLe

Sep 27, 2004
    anybody?

[face_worried]

5. TheDRiZZLe

TheDRiZZLe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    I assume you are referring to BF2 not BF1 since that is now like 3 years old, but from what I hear, I play the PS2 version, there is a substancial mod communtiy out there which means there are still a lot fo people out there playing, you will probably have to download some mods though since I doubt you will find a lot of people playing the original ones.

6. AqUaMuLe

Sep 27, 2004
    Thanks for the info. I meant Battlefront I. Never got into Battlefront II. I guess I just didnt play it enough.

I will check around and see what I can find. I checked www.swbattlefront.net and it looks like the page hasnt been updated in , like, a year and a half.

7. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    I think when the mods for BF2 with the old maps came out it pretty much killed the old BF1 community for the PC, I know there are still servers and people on BF1 for the PS2, but the ability to mod sequels with origianl maps on the PC versions is a good way to kill the original version.

8. AqUaMuLe

Sep 27, 2004
    that's cool. I've been out of the game for awhile. I never knew they modded the old maps for BF2.

do you know right off hand where they can be downloaded?

9. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    No I don't, my PC is ancient so I don't use it for games, http://boards.theforce.net/games_videogames/b10005/22157921/p18, has a post by Dark Lady Mara at the very top with a link to some mods.

10. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    You can play them in classic conquest mode too, so the interface looks more like original BF than BF2. :D

11. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
  12. AqUaMuLe

Sep 27, 2004
    HI, I have been out of the loop for a good while.

I was wondering if there are any groups still playing battlefront I online at all.

I used to be really good and played religiously.

When I got Battlefront II, I kind of faded out because I never really got into the game, plus my wife was pregnant at the time......... and the story goes on.

Did Battlefront II ever get the maps off of Battlefront I?

I would be willing to break out my Battlefront II and work on my game play, I just always liked the maps on battlefront I.

I just have the itch to get back online and play some Battlefront. You have to admit, we did used to have a blast.

If anyone has some info just PM me or just post a reply here and thanks in advance. I hope I can find a group still playing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.