main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlefront: Hints, Tips, Strategies, Walkthroughs (no cheats allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Night4554, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcklayComeHome

AcklayComeHome Jedi Master star 7

Apr 27, 2002
    PS - don't ever climb out a ship in mid-flight, it is a very long drop.

Hehehe...I did that just for fun. :p I guess that's when the parachutes from bf1942 would come in real handy. ;) Although, I thought about using the jetpacks to try to slow the fall or something...haven't tried it yet though,

2. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Just goes to show you how frustrated I was when I posted my question. I'm not on the Yavin level, I'm on the first Cloud City level. [face_blush]

Anyhoo, I'm going to try some of the suggestions you guys gave and give the level another try tonight. With pilots, can they only repair turrets or can they build them from scratch?

3. Nate-Skywalker

Nate-Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2003
    i believe they can build them as well

4. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    I just had a heck of a time with the last Battle on Endor (where you have to blow up the shield generator). Everyone just gets plastered by troopers hiding in the trees.

What I did was take the southern most spawn point, grab a speeder bike, and haul butt to the Imperial spawn point where the AT-STs are. Get in one, and blast away

5. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    On the Geonosis level the LAAT (Rep walker) is great for taking out the CIS ships. Spider droids have weird controls to them.

On the Bespin/plaza (or any 'indoor' area with long corridors) missle launchers can clear the way for taking over a command post ;)

Don't be like me and forget to pick a spawn point everytime you die. It can save you lots of running!

A few more things not in the manual:

The FX-7 medical droids (21-B assistant in Empire as if I have to clarify that here lol) will heal you if you stand next to them.

Gonk droids will drop supplies if you walk up to them and use them (default key: E) Not sure if the R5 droids do anything haven't tested them yet.

6. Hudnall

Hudnall Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 23, 2004
    Ok.. I beat all the historical campaigns last night. Also nailed out a full game of Galactic Conquest as the Empire - that's a fun way to play. After four straight victories, you get to [Tarkin]choose which planet to demonstrate this Station's destructive power on.[/Tarkin] Heh - using the Death Star to take out an opponent's entire planet is such a brilliant touch :) Fittingly, I chose Yavin4 - it had to go sometime.

Yep, Katya - Bespin 1: Cloud City was by far the most trying of all the levels. My strategy, as above, which worked is to hold the SouthWest, SouthEast, and NorthEast command posts which are the high ground.... using mostly the GI to secure the areas and then the sniper to pick people off from up high at the very beginning and the end of your assault.

As for Endor, just expect to lose a few lives. Don't let them get your command posts, and if at all possible - fight like a mad man to take the Empirial Command post closest to your own in the center of the arena. Also, I sacrificed a few lives by walking out to the northwestern side of the arena - and catching some of the troops from behind. Of course, if you stop for a second, they'll toast you from many angles (thank goodness for redwoods) - but you might weaken the back line enough for your soldiers and Ewoks on the other side to make real progress. The spider bike to AT-ST strategy sounds like a pretty good idea though... I'll have to go back and try it.

Bespin2 Platforms wasn't too difficult. I followed the games advice - take the flank. I spawned next to an X-Wing, went in and took out at least 3 TIEs to get air superiority, took out the dad-blast-it guns on the enemy platforms, and then landed right on one of their command posts. Strafe, roll and eliminate. Take that back platform enemy command post and they can't even respawn TIEs on that platform. Your X-Wings will take the battle - then work your way to their center command post - take it and victory is yours.

RhenVar2 is probably the second hardest. Let's just say that I'd take the advice of the game again, use the ice caves. It probably helps to capture the neutral command post as well - it gives you a good foothold into the fortress once your troops begin respawning there.

Kashyyyk2 Docks is a very close third. I don't know what it is about that level other than I hate destroyer droids. The Separatists definitely have a the better equipment - but at least you're holding the strategic ground. Good luck trying to take a command post at the end of the docks. You should be able to capture the island (southern) command post relatively easily. One Jet CloneTrooper will do it... just jetpack out to the island - take out the opposition - and capture the post ASAP. Once they can't respawn there, it should stay secure. BUT, that definitely isn't the "key" command post. If any one is, it would be the northernmost post on the hill.

The single most effective tactic for the entire game I've found is capturing a command post of the enemy and getting a foothold, even if you are surrounded. You can then respawn in that area until it is well under control - and then move to the next.

If anybody can teach me how to fly without running into the ground - I'd love to hear it. ;)

I also haven't even begun to figure out what weapons are used for what... other than the Emp gun of the Jet Clonetrooper being good for destroyers.

Plus - why the heck do you run out of big gun ammo? Nothing is more dissappointing than nailing a big vehicle a few times and being left with pistol as it turns on you....

7. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    Is anyone besides me finding the Confederacy of Independent systems grossly over-powered?

They get Drodekas, Super Battle droids, and arguably the best vehicle in the game, the AAT.

The fact that they get two Rocket Launching units pisses me off. And drodekas taking 3-4 missles to kill it really slows down the game taking a few lives just to defeat two or three of them.

8. jedi-killah

jedi-killah Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Is there any hidden planets or anything?

9. AcklayComeHome

Apr 27, 2002
    Arakyd R-4 Recon Droid
    The Scout Trooper can deploy a recon droid to gather battlefield intelligence. The recon droid can also call down an orbital strike, taking out any nearby enemies in the blast radius.

Every sniper has one of these. How do you go about calling the strike? I know to use one, you select it from the secondary weapon list, then you can fly it around and shoot people and stuff, but to use the strike, do you use the secondary weapon again on it? (I just read this, I haven't really tried it, I didn't even know it was possible)

10. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Does anyone know you can take over your enemies ships? I was a Rebel today, and took over a TIE Fighter and started blasting all the TIE fighters in my sights. The Imperials were surprised!

11. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    I take all that stuff I said back, the CIS are pushovers if you use the Republic Jet trooper.

12. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    I finally made it through Bespin! Hudnall, it was just like you said - you've got to take all the upper command posts in order to get a leg up on the Imperial forces. Once I was able to get the upper levels, I just used my soldier to blast them away down below.

The thing that bugs me is that when you're the rebels, you get 200 guys and the Empire gets 250 - and they have superior forces! Argh.

I'm on the Clone Wars Genosis level now. This one may be a bit of a challenge.

13. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Acklay. While using the droid hit alternate fire to call an orbital strike.

I beat the Clone Wars campaign (though I gave my TV an earful while playing Geonosis) and am on the first Cloud City mission on the Rebels. Hardest one so far.

14. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    does anyone no how to kill the jedi in the game

15. Revenge0fTheSith

Revenge0fTheSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2004
    theyre immortal, no plontline remeber, killing mace windu is definitely plotline... just avoid them.

Theyre etremely low res i noticed...

16. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I've heard that landing starfighters on top of them sometimes works. Let's see Luke lift that with the Force.

17. FI-MasterChief

FI-MasterChief Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2004
    I'm playin the battlefront demo for xbox, and I have NO idea how to get into the shield bunker. Any help?

18. AcklayComeHome

Apr 27, 2002
    How about a list of which vehicles are in which missions? I have yet to see the Jedi starfighter or the TIE bomber...

19. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    There's a TIE Bomber in the Bespin mission. Hard to fly. Haven't tried the Jedi Starfighter or the droid starfighter yet.

20. eluj

eluj Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2004
    Can anyone tell me how to get the jetpack to work. I can't figure it out for anything.

21. Darth-Exodus

Darth-Exodus Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2002
    The Jedi characters aren't immortal.

Use grenades, as you have to get them off their feet to hurt them. Turrets and walker cannons also have the same effect.

They are especially easy to kill on maps with big drops. For example, on Kamino I grenaded Dooku over the edge and into the ocean. ;)

22. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Double tape the jump button to activate the jet pack - on the XBox it's the B button.

23. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    I just wish there was an option to play Jango Fett in the game.

24. Hudnall

Hudnall Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 23, 2004
    man - i went back and played Endor and tried to use the speeder bikes to sneak in and steal an AT-ST, how did you do that? After so many men, I finally made it but they kept tearing me to shreds before I could get one.

As for Geonosis, I've gone back and played it a few times - and perhaps my strategy above (Capture the Spire) isn't full proof... but it was successful. There may be a better way. Once I climbed into the early version walker - and continued to clear the areas between the Derelict and the East/West bunkers... and that worked fairly well. Given the advice to take out the Techno Union ships - it may be the best policy.

I agree with that the CIS has an almost unfair advantage... they are very very tough. I hate droidekas - even the Jet Trooper isn't exactly a fair match.

Anybody played Hoth as the Empire yet? :) what fun it is....

anybody know a list of weapons and what does what? .... that sniper probe droid advice was good to know...

25. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    Ok.....this is my first post ever in the games forums(and I'm sorry if this gets long).
    I love this game and I also felt a bit let down. I beat it as every faction at both Historical Campaign and Galactic Conquest in the first day I had it.

I noticed above that someone was asking about the R-5 units....they repair your crafts if you land near them just like the FX/Gonk droids repair your health/ammo.

All I did throughout the entire game was spawn closest to the action, use the D-Pad to command a nice sized squad of my fellow troops to come with me, run straight for the closest neutral or enemy command post and take it and then just keep moving on. If I got to an enemy command post right away I would roll/strafe/shoot/jump combo em up as I ran around in their post killing them off and taking it over.

I rarely used vehicles:
    On Geonosis I'd start in the middle by the wrecked ship hull, start killing as many baddies as I could find and then as the walker got up to me, jump in and lumber(very slowly) to the CIS ships and take em all out and any spider/hailfire droids I ran across on the way. Then I'd round the other side of the spire in the walker, get out and take it on foot.
    On Naboo Plains I'd get in the tank and take out what vehicles I could encounter, get out and take the enemy command posts as I left my gunner in the tank(who will still fire on enemies), get back in the tank and storm the next enemy post.

I never tried taking the speeder bike to get to the AT-ST on Endor. I just ran along and fought everyone I encountered on my way to the enemy post just to the side of the bunker with the walkers, killed as many of those guys as I could on my way toward the walker and then took it and wreaked havoc that way.

I love this game but I blazed through it. At least it has a LOT of replay value.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.