main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlefront II--better on XBOX or PC?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by mr_snerdly, Nov 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_snerdly

mr_snerdly Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2005
    I want to get Battlefront II, but I am not sure for which system. I have Battlefront I for my PC and enjoy using the mouse and keyboard to control the soldiers, but I don't prefer it to fly the spaceships. Can one control the ships on Battlefront II with a controller for the PC? I have a Logitech dual action controller. I would like to use the mouse and keyboard to control the soldiers and jedi, and the controller to fly the ships, is this possible?

Are there any other pros/cons to one system over the other?

2. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Eventually it'll be better played on the PC because of the mods that you get with PC games. Also on the PC version you can play with 64 players online versus the 32 players with Xbox Live.

3. MIDKNIGHT03

MIDKNIGHT03 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2005
    With the XBox you don't need to wait for the upload.

I'm an XBox fan regardless, increasingly more so with the 360 coming out. I prefer it to Comp. games...though I do want to check into Galaxies...I wish they'd release it for XBox Live but, meh...I'll just wait to get it for the PC eventually...

4. The Fett

The Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 1999
    You get the best of both worlds with the PC. I use my mouse and keyboard for the 1st person action and my Sidewinder joystick for the space combat.

5. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I agree. Nothing against the x-box (IMO it's the best console available), but having a PC is always better. ;)

6. Veovis

Veovis Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2003
    For the space battle how did you get your Joystick to run for flight.

Mine just doesn't seem to register, I'm assuming I'm missing a setting somewhere, but any thoughts would be appreciated.

7. mr_snerdly

Nov 2, 2005
    Thanks for the info. This is exactly what I was looking for.I wanted to make sure this is possible with Battlefront 2. I want to be able to use a joystick to control the space battles. I love the XBOX, but for 1st person games I can never master the double stick thing for the life of me, so I prefer the mouse and keyboard. Thanks again guys.

You wouldn't happen to know if the Logitech Dual Action controller works with the PC game do you? I am sure it does, as it is a popular controller, but I just want to be sure.

8. Blips

Blips Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2005
    I have a Logitech controller that looks like a PS2 controller. I beleve it's the dual action controller you're describing. It works great with Battlefront 2.

9. swimmerman91

swimmerman91 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2005
    Is the playing/controls better with PC or consel?

10. Silver_mane

Silver_mane Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2005
    I personally perfer the PC controls for First Person Shooters, its a lot less frustrating then trying to master the dual stick movements.

11. mr_snerdly

Nov 2, 2005
    How do I control the game with a Logtech controller for the PC? So far only my mouse and kyboard work. Is there a setting I need to turn on?

12. mr_snerdly

Nov 2, 2005
    Looks like I have to map the controller buttons before.

13. Lord_of_pies

Lord_of_pies Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2005
    Well there both the same but if your looking for better control go with xbox but if you wnat to go online with the game for free go with PC

14. Kish

Kish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2004
    Not only do you get the best of both worlds, but the PC version is actually better then the console version.

The Xbox and PS2 are not as capable as the PC, so the graphics had to be dumbed down for them. Plus, you can play with up to 64 people on the PC. I believe the Xbox can only handle 24? It might be 32. But it doesn't really matter. PC>Xbox.

15. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    -No long installation process

-The system requirements for the Xbox version is invariably one Xbox Console

-Will not fail to work to full preformance and will not behave erratically if system requirements are met on the mark.

-The advantage of a controller

-No uploading needed.

-Updates, Patches and Maps can be quickly and easily downloaded for free off Xbox Live.

-Will not cause any long term effects to your computer.

16. LittleGreenManYoda

LittleGreenManYoda Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    I would probably have to say PC just because you can get new patches and more players. I was going to get it for PC but I went ahead and got it for PS2.

17. Anakin_Sockwalker

Anakin_Sockwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    I've played the demo on the XBox and I wasn't really that impressed. How different is it on the PC? Is it like BF(ield)2, but in the SW 'verse?

18. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    When I see a thread titled, Battlefront II: Technical Help and System Requirements for Xbox, I'll say PC.

19. Kish

Kish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2004
    Nah, The PC has the same gameplay as the Xbox. The only difference is the better graphics.

Battefront 2, didn't even try to be best Battlefield 2; which is very much a superior game.

20. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    I stopped playing FPS on Consoles the moment I got a PC... any questions?

Seriously, what FPS ISN'T better on PC?

21. Mandalore_X

Mandalore_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Time Splitters would suck on a PC.

22. Master_Trance

Master_Trance Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2005
    In my opinion its easier and faster to aim with a mouse than a gome console controller.

23. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    mice are much more accurate, which is why i've sucked at the xwing games since they were re-released for windows 98/xp, joystick only buggeriness :(

makes me so inaccurate :p

pc's anyday, with a decent enough system the resolution you can run it in, the texture detail, the lighting effects... all much better than what a console can muster,

installing to a pc's hard drive may be a drag, but in the end it increases performance, so its not a con, its a pro

as for working to full performance, why does my framerate stumble on the console version?

as for a controller... the keyboard is more versatile, and if that aint your thing then there are many different controllers available, joysticks, joypads, sticks with throttle...

as for updates, etc, you seem to be forgetting that you need a pre-existing internet connection to connect to xbox live, so it'd be just as quick to download it for the pc as it would for xbox.

i love my xbox more than any other console i own (GC, PS2, N64, megadrive, dreamcast), but a good pc always wins

24. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    Plo & Indiana know what's up.

X-Box baby...no crashing, no installing - load & go.

25. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    As long as you have the system to support it. I say the PC version is better. Yeah with the Xbox you can use XBL for some updates. But it isn't as in-depth as the PC version where you can download new skins and mods. I mean what if someone created a Lord of the Rings: Battle of Minas Tirith mod for the PC for BF2. I don't believe you'll be downloading that from XBL anytime soon. Unless LucasArts borrows the LOTR license from Electronic Arts.

Also there is the online thing. 64 people online vs 32 people online. Maybe that doesn't matter to you but if it does, then the PC is where it is.

I would have it on the PC except my PC isn't able to run that game. I already have enough stuff on my PC as it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.