Lit Battlefront II: Campaign Content (spoiler tags required for DLC story)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Taalcon Force Ghost

star 4
    Interesting tease on http://battlefront2.com :
    [IMG]
    Combined with the (early?) trailer:

In addition to a fun sandbox for the familar onscreen OT battles, in the first Battlefront of the New Generation, we also got a sandbox to explore (for the first time) the Battle of Jakku, and the Seige that occured on Sullust.

It looks like in addition to sandboxing additional fun scenarios (from all eras), for Battlefront II there is going to be post-ROTJ narrative campaign content. Look forward to seeing what we add here, and holding a prayer-circle for an in-game appearance of RAE SLOANE.

(That symbol appears to be on that Imperial pilot's gear from the trailer)
    Last edited by Taalcon, Apr 12, 2017
  2. Valryk Jedi Padawan

star 2
    I expect the character will be part of Sloane's forces who will send the troops on specific tasks.
  3. Ewoklord Jedi Knight

star 1
    Think we might be playing Inferno Squad, from the new novel?
    BobaMatt likes this.
  4. Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, RPF and SWC

Manager
    star 8
    Inferno Squad after Endor? Could be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Jid123Sheeve Jedi Knight

star 4
    It's interesting how Battlefront 1 had a book that could have been the campaign for the rebels now Battlefront II has a campaign for the Empire.
  6. Grievousdude Jedi Master

star 4
    Could that logo maybe be an early First Order logo? At the time of TFA they have a Empire style logo but maybe they had that logo before they started using Stormtroopers and were using mercenaries like the Amaxine Warriors in Bloodline.
    Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  7. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    So incredibly hype for this.
  8. darthcaedus1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    They actually listened to the criticism! Hopefully this will be a proper modern Battlefront game that encompasses the entire Star Wars saga, and takes the opportunity to be a canon product and does some cool stuff with it. Excited, but still skeptical.
  9. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    Is there still time to cast Gina Torres as Rae Sloane, or...?
    Kylun likes this.
  10. Vorax Jedi Master

star 5
    That logo looks like someone upside down and slanting their hand, sticking the middle finger up. That looks like a kinda flight logo , I think the one on the Tie Pilot in the poster.
    Last edited by Vorax, Apr 12, 2017
  11. JediBatman Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wasn't the early First Order trying to keep itself secret? Logos aren't exactly conductive to secrecy (though I guess that didn't stop the Rebels from painting starbirds everywhere). I think its more likely its a logo for a specific imperial squadron or unit that travels around in the Raider.
  12. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    It's the Order of the Canted Circle!
  13. JediBatman Jedi Knight

star 3
    I can't be sure, but I think the logo appears on the helmet of the TIE pilot from the cover.

Show Spoiler
    [IMG]
  14. Taalcon Force Ghost

star 4
    I noted that at the end of the OP.
    JediBatman likes this.
  15. godisawesome Jedi Master

star 3
    It's probably the symbol of Inferno Squad, if that book is directly tying into the game. And I like the implication that to Imperial grunts, Endor was the moment the insurgent Rebellion actually became an enemy military, with the following battles being bitter fought and huge confrontations, the kids fo situation where a Raider might find itself fulfilling more frontline operations out of necessity.

This game has an opportunity to fill in a lot of story stuff in a section of the GCW. It seems likely we'll see Sloane, possibly Rax, but might we also see Grand General Lorring? Maybe Inferno Squad gets split between the two?
    Sinrebirth and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  16. ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Fingers crossed for the Inferno Squad under Sloane's command!
  17. Endol Jedi Knight

star 3
    Remember Sloane was in the navy and on a starfighter during the battle of endor. - from the levers of power short story I think.
    As long as that is remembered by the developers we could be seeing everyone's favourite imperial !
  18. Iron_lord Force Ghost

star 8
    Sloane was on a capital ship in that story (Admiral - next surviving admiral in rank after Piett)- it was Ciena Ree that was on a starfighter (TIE Interceptor) - in Lost Stars.
    Last edited by Iron_lord, Apr 13, 2017
  19. SpecForce Trooper Jedi Knight

star 4
    The group shown in the trailer can't be Inferno Squad. The characters are clearly naval pilots. "Squad" is an army term. The proper term for a navy unit would be "Squadron". The group isn't called "Inferno Squadron". Could EA merely ignore proper military terminology? Sure. But, as far as the current rules work, Naval Pilots couldn't be in a squad.
  20. JediBatman Jedi Knight

star 3
    Star Wars has played fast and loose with military terminology before, plus it's always had "squadrons" of fighters. In the PSP game "Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron" you played as a member of the titular squadron and often switched from ground to space in the campaign.

That said, I personally don't think "Inferno Squad" is related to the game. For one thing, the book was announced before the game, when usually its the other way around. Before we even had a name for Twilight Company it was promoted as "the new novel based on the video game" https://www.instagram.com/p/1lhGfTrU9v/

For another, the little info we have about Inferno Squad indicates it will be about fighting the remnants of Saw Gerrara's Partisans, while the game promo implies the campaign will focus the post-Endor period. (Though admittedly the "all eras" bit could apply to the campaign.)
    SilentGuy66 likes this.
  21. SpecForce Trooper Jedi Knight

star 4
    That would be too cool! Playing throughout the entire war, from the Empire's prospective. On a side note, I think it would be cool if you played a captain in the 181st. It wouldn't hurt to recanonize them. The 181st fought through the whole war, anyway.
    JediBatman likes this.
  22. Karl0413 Jedi Master

star 4
    Is it a coincidence that is coming out roughly when this game is going to be released? [face_whistling]
    MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  23. Daneira Jedi Knight

star 4
    From the official description of the book: "In response to this stunning defeat, the Imperial Navy has authorized the formation of an elite team of soldiers, known as Inferno Squad."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MandaloreRex2015 and Taalcon like this.
  24. JediBatman Jedi Knight

star 3
    Alright, given what Karl0413 and Daneira said I'm now more open to the idea that Inferno Squadron may be related to the game, but if so it's still weird that they announced the tie in before announcing the thing the tie in was meant to promote.
    Revanfan1 and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  25. SilentGuy66 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm hoping we get the battle of Jakkuu in the campaign along with a couple of Easter Eggs to Empire's End

[Mission starts with female hero being briefed]
    Orders have just come in from Admiral Rax, New Republic ships have broken through our blockade, Admiral Rax is ordering all forces to defend the observatory!