main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Battlefront II: Campaign Content (spoiler tags required for DLC story)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Apr 12, 2017.

1. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Essentially Operation Shadow Hand- just sooner. Entire fleets suddenly disappearing.

Vialco and Sinrebirth like this.
  2. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    You guys, I' ve got this theory:
    what if the members of Inferno Squad weren't part of the First Order? What if they did, in fact, join the New Republic?

Vialco and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    And then
    secede with the Centrists?

As we see the protag on Starkiller base giving speeches about how she's waited thirty years for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AusStig likes this.
  4. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Well, trailers are deceptive, so...

AusStig and Sinrebirth like this.
  5. Cracian_Thumper

Cracian_Thumper Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    I'm not sure if this is quite the right thread for this, but the guys over at Tested made an Inferno Squad helmet for Janina Gavankar.

They give it to her at about 13 minutes in, and her reaction is adorable.

6. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Cutest! <3

bizzbizz, Mia Mesharad, Kylun and 2 others like this.
  7. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    So is Inferno going to be a part of the ISB? This would be the first SpecForce unit belonging to ISB that I've seen. I always thought Imperial Special Forces was only in the Military.

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hmmmm so we're starting to see a lot of Fondor again. I guess I have a one-track mind, but I wonder if we'll ever see our favorite Fondorian warlord again? Even like, a Corran-in-Jedi-Academy mention?

JediBatman likes this.
  9. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I want them to bring him back with a comic, The Zsinj Warlord Returns. The cover could be him doing the DKR pose

10. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    The new Canon has mentioned Imperial infighting and warlords, but hasn't really shown them yet. When they do, if would be the perfect opportunity to bring back Zsinj. I don't care if it's just an Easter Egg, something like "Senator Mothma, we're sending forces against warlords Blah, Blah, and Zisnj", it would still be awesome!

11. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I tend to think that Zsinj's traits are flexible enough you could even make him a post-Empire nuisance. Just make him former regime personnel who ostensibly laid down his arms after the accords, and then have him become the military leader of the Confederation of Corporate Systems, and replace all his Stormtroopers with those cool, underutilized Raptors, and have him be more of a quiet, soft-power threat with some variation of the Iron Fist waiting in the wings if he can form a large enough Anti-Republic power bloc out of the other governments.

Barriss_Coffee and AusStig like this.
  12. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Eh, that removes all Confederacy elements.

13. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    That's why I chose the "Corporate" Systems successor state. I figure you make CCS the cynical opportunist political bloc that wants a total deregulation on any businesses or trade agreements, and maybe have some of the Imperial-friendly businesses join them, like the Mining Guild. Pretty much a cutthroat objectivist state where someone who uses business and military power side-by-side like Zsinj would thrive.

Then you put all the idealists who had valid complaints in the Other CIS successor state, with the only unifying thing between the two different groups is that they dislike centralized power from the Core, thus making Mothma's roving capital a major political boon.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  14. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Oh yes, the "Confederates" who claim it was all about democracy. Silly idealists. I believe in the TRUE Confederacy of Independent Systems where the masses exist to serve the almighty credit and not the reverse!

RISE, RISE TRADE FEDERATION EMPLOYEES!

GIVE UP YOUR FREEDOM!

YOU EXIST TO SERVE THE BOTTOM LINE!

godisawesome , AusStig and AV-6R7 like this.
  15. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    As ridiculous as that concept may seem, yeah. Although...

...If you tried to apply any kind of faux-logic to what an obsessed-with-profit-at-all-costs nation state in the GFFA would look like, it would be a *very* different animal from the usual Star Wars bad guys. They'd be a slim coalition of only a few planets, probably defined politically by being a truly decentralized confederacy, and be far more about economic and occasionally political hegemony; actually conquering territory and holding it would be a drain on resources if your main goal was just to maximize profit, so your military and security forces would almost always have to have some person on the target planet agreeing to act as the supposed authority for it. *If* the CCS were to be made into an antagonist, it would have to field an armed force more like a scalpel than a hammer.

AusStig and Charlemagne19 like this.
  16. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    I think Inferno will be ISB for two reasons:
    1) They seem to be taking orders from Admiral Versio, an ISB officer.
    2) The members are referred to as 'Agents', a strictly Intelligence-based term.
    I haven't read the novel yet, so this may be redundant.

17. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Does ISB get to pull from the military...and therefore military rank is used simply as an honorific?? In Marvel Nick Fury was a colonel...but director of SHIELD. He was still called 'Colonel'.

18. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Hm... The ISB contains a branch called 'Enforcement'. It's a paramilitary force, explicitly containing Special Forces. [face_thinking]

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I've long suspected that the ISB's use of military ranks are for equivalency purposes, but we see ostensibly lower-ranked ISB people (like Kallus) pushing around admirals. There might be a political dimension to that, though.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I was about to say.

ISB includes the individuals who can send even admirals to prison at the end of the day, if they accuse you of sedition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdmiralNick22 and Daneira like this.
  21. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    The sheer size of the Empire's armed forces and bureacracy was apparently big enough for the ISB to surprise everyone with a military force capable of holding Coruscant hostage, so it's possible that ISB's already insane ranking system (since Garrick Versio was apparently Inspector General, then admiral) includes some ranks that are really more about ISB resources; Agent Kallus doesn't command that many other ISB officers and agents, while Garrick may very well head an ISB fleet.

22. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Is it just me or does the new canon have a thing for making all "super evil" imperials ISB?

It's like:
    -How evil am I? I'm admiral of the 63rd navy fleet
    -So?
    -Of the ISB
    (Gasps)

23. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    It makes the ISB's nominal control of Coruscant post-Endor very interesting, ditto their own ISB fleet of warships. Apparently no Star Destroyers among this fleet, but that doesn't stop them from fielding any other familiar designs.

Palpatine didn't trust anyone, hence his choice to make his own officers and administrators always feel on edge and in competition.

--Adm. Nick

Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I didn't get the impression the ISB had taken control, but rather, their picket ships were all that was left bc the military was under orders (from Rax) not to defend Coruscant.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

25. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Possession is nine tenths of the law. :p

--Adm. Nick

Revanfan1 likes this.