main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Battlefront II: Campaign Content (spoiler tags required for DLC story)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Apr 12, 2017.

1. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Here's a way that some of Vardos's history could theoretically be communicated in game: the New Republic forces featured in the level over Vardos are identified as being lead or constructed out of Vardos dissidents or exiles, maybe have Garrick vocalize some disgust for these traitors and blackguards.

If there is a dark side to Vardos, we'll eventually see it in some form or another. It would be nice to see some of that illusion shattered in-game.

2. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Of course there will be a dark side to it. Villains will be villains. I can't see us getting a straightforward Imperial world.

3. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014

I wonder Inferno Squad will be waiting those 30 years in carbonite, so they can be unleashed once the war starts again. And so they miss out on the civil war that claims Sloane's life and Iden just wakes up to being a part of a group of foreign invaders rather then a faction in a civil war ostensibly still claiming to defend something like before.

4. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Maybe. While there will obviously be a dark side to this supposed "imperial utopia", if there are enough dissidents on Vardos that you can mow them down by the dozens it kind of ruins the writers' intention that if 4 out of 5 planets recommend overthrowing the Empire, Vardos is a rare example of the fifth planet.

5. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Honestly, I feel like Chris0013 probably got it - Vardos under the Empire is a perfectly nice place to live, just so long as you don't care about what the Empire is doing on other planets.

6. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    A little timeline nitpick: this official tweet by EA implies that Iden is 26 around the time of the Battle of Endor, which would place her birth in 22 BBY. However, this can't be right since Chapter 11 of Inferno Squad says her father brought Vardos into the Empire before she was born.

robotical712 likes this.
  7. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Well since the Republic basically turned into the Empire it really isn't that big of a deal. Just go with it that Vardos was one of the worlds the Republic brought into its side at the very start of The Clone Wars.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The Empire has always existed, citizen.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Senpezeco, cdgodin, Vthuil and 6 others like this.
  9. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Thanks for the clarification. I'm happy to be informed that all knowledge of a pre-Imperial government is nothing more than a nightmare.

10. robotical712

robotical712 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 13, 2017
    It's also stated that Seyn was both twenty and younger than Iden.

Sales aren't a good representation for story importance. A lot of people never even start the campaign (that's why there wasn't one in the first game) and, of those who do, few actually finish it. Second, the people who read the comics or books aren't the same as the people who play video games (of course there's overlap). LFL has to take into account that a lot of the fandom will never see the campaign and that limits how important it can be.

11. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Definitely true. As a Walking Dead fan I can say that a lot of the people that play the TellTale games have no desire to read the comics or watch the shows. Gamers tend to be a separate category of the fandom where they are mainly just interested in gaming and not necessarily in reading books.

12. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003

Space battles! Some stuff:
    • The Unknown Regions - Resurgent Star Destroyer
      • With cameo by the fugly TIE Silencer
    • Endor - Death Star Debris
      • Looks like we'll be getting some cool views of the gas giant itself
      • They'd better have a GoDV-inspired achievement
    • Fondor - Imperial Shipyard
      • Looks very similar to the shield ring over Scarif. Hopefully bigger...
    • Ryloth - Lucrehulk Battleship
      • Venators, Arquitens-class command cruisers, V-wings, Y-wings, ARCs on the Republic side
      • Sith Infiltrator, with cloaking
    • Kamino - Research Outpost
      • Better footage of realistic Republic-era Y-wings!
      • Aiwhas
      • Yoda in a cockpit looks very silly

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Here's a helpful picture for the scale of the Fondor yard.

[​IMG]

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Beautiful.

I absently wonder if they intend to square Maul in some kind of canonical sense rather than just the IT'S COOL WHO CARES approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MercenaryAce likes this.
  15. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    They shouldn't. Sometimes a game is a game.

But if they do, I vote for a very talented B1 with a Spaceoween mask.

SpecForce Trooper, AusStig and Vthuil like this.
  16. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

It appears to me that Maul is in his TPM outfit and carrying his double-bladed saber every time he appears, so "it's cool who cares" is more likely.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Pretty sure the multiplayer is 100% for funsies, and all prequel content is multiplayer.

I'm told that there might be two multiplayer game modes -- one that's era-locked (so no Rey in the Clone Wars) and one that's just a free for all whatevs (so Yoda vs Kylo is a go).

18. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    If that's the case I want any faction vs. any faction. If they're going to have fun with this I hope they go all out. One of my favorite parts of the 501st Journal is CIS vs Empire, and Phase 1 clones vs Phase 3 clones.

19. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I loved that trailer. The space combat looks amazing and should be a lot of fun. The graphics look great. I'm excited to attack capital ships and fly through those battles. Space combat is often my favorite, so I'm quite happy to see it receive more attention.

If they're going to combine eras, I hope they do so with entire factions rather than just heroes. Something like fighting the First Order with the Clone Army would be pretty cool. If it's just heroes I don't think I'd care much. It wouldn't detract from the game, for me, in any way, but it wouldn't be particularly interesting either. If given the choice, I'd probably disable the option, but it wouldn't matter too much. However, having cross era battles would be exciting and take advantage of the sand box style. It would also just be very cool.

I hope we hear more about the campaign soon because it is the thing I'm most excited about. I hope we get a decent length games. Sometimes shooters can be way too short. I think something like fifteen levels would be decent to give a good amount of attention to the year after Endor and the FO war. If they focused on one and then had a few missions in the other they could make it significantly shorter. Still, I hope they go for a longer game since it's a great opportunity to add to the universe and I really like Inferno Squad from the book.

Also, after that trailer, I'm excited to see more about the campaign's space combat. The Battle of Fonder will be nice to see in a trailer. Seeing those graphics in a campaign battle will be awesome. Also, the trailer makes me super excited about seeing the Battle of Jakku and I hope we see the Battle of Kuat. Both will look amazing and flying in both would be a lot of fun. And those visuals will give quite the cintematic feel.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    That's unlikely to happen. The way they seem to be organizing their sides is light side vs dark side, instead of random or political alignments.

So for example, you'll probably see Darth Vader as a CIS hero even though that doesn't make a lick of sense, because in a Clone Wars match, that's the "dark" side.

21. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Interesting that the clone wars era pilot voices weren't all clones.

22. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Not sure why EA made a point that Republic officers are (all?) clones too. As I tweeted in response, W. Tarkin, W. Yularen, B. Coburn, S. Kilian, and B. Oicunn would like to have a word with them.

23. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
  24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *points at the page before this one with a soft smile*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Let's not forget Admiral Dead On Arrival.