Battlefront II: Hints, Tips, Strategies, Walkthroughs (No Cheats Allowed)

Discussion in 'Games' started by NightHunter319, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NightHunter319 Force Ghost

star 4
    Many people will recieve the game today, please post your tips our hints here, or if you need help in the game , post here.

I will have this game in a few hours and more than likely have a question on how to get the game out of the box :p

EV Edit: Changed the title slightly
  2. Psycho_Sith Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice topic, NH! Right on bro.

I have the game & the guide as well. The 1st two things I'll suggest are:
    -Turn Friendly Fire off.
    The Emperor's lightning alone will blanket an area and kill you also.
    -Turn Sticky Reticule & Auto-Aim off for sure.
    The camera won't follow every enemy that crosses your path.

also
    -Take time to learn, learn & learn the maps!
    These aren't BFI maps, no way...much more involved!
  3. Rogan_Agar Jedi Master

star 4
    How dod you guys beat Hoth on the rebel side? Everytime I start with the snowspeeder it does not take 5 seconds before I explode.
  4. Psycho_Sith Jedi Master

star 4
    I haven't played the new Hoth map yet but the PRIMA Guide says to use mostly the same strategy from BFI on Hoth but Rebels start out with less CPs and there's no Control Room CP now so you "have to be more aggressive with capturing & holding CPs". It also says to take a Vanguard against AT-ATs and shoot up at their necks (weak spots) - that they are more effective in some cases than Speeders this time.

Hope that helps some. :)
  5. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I've definitely got to turn the Sticky Reticule option OFF when I get back home tonight and play it. That thing was making things much tougher on me.
  6. Psycho_Sith Jedi Master

star 4
    ^^ no doubt. I found the game much more enjoyable with all that stuff off. I think today I'm gonna customize my controller a bunch. I don't like reload as D-Pad down since you're running with the left stick it gets weird doing both to me....and I haver to move roll & jump somewhere - I'm jumping into fire instead of rolling from it right now. LMAO
  7. Dark_Jawa_Knight Jedi Knight

star 1
    Alriht, i havent got the game yet, but i am anxious to know what are some ways you can kill jedi?
  8. Psycho_Sith Jedi Master

star 4
    ^^ Same ways you kill any other classes in the game...just takes more pounding on the Heros.
  9. deadjedi_willbe Jedi Master

star 4
    How do you destroy the bridge of the TF ship in Corusant Space?

I've blown the center up, but it's still there.
  10. Psycho_Sith Jedi Master

star 4
    The CIS Cruiser?
    Do you have all the other critical systems destroyed?
    Make sure because they can repair some and certain systems won't blow up if others are intact or repaired.
  11. deadjedi_willbe Jedi Master

star 4
    My objective details:

"Deliver the killing blow and destroy the targeting bridge of the TF Cruiser.
    The bridge is the entire section located under the yellow objective arrow. It's one of 5
    critical systems that can be destroyed from space."

I've destroyed the green tubes and the center of the bridge, but am now lost on what to blow up. :p
  12. Psycho_Sith Jedi Master

star 4
    Are the life support & shields down? Did you take out the turbo-laser batteries on the hull yet?

I thought the Guide says the Bridge is the last you can take out.
  13. deadjedi_willbe Jedi Master

star 4
    There we go, I got it!!

I had to get in a turrent and manually destroy it from space.
  14. Psycho_Sith Jedi Master

star 4
  15. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
    ...yeah, that CIS Cruiser-Bridge thing had me baffled for awhile, too..

I think we're all used to those "destroy the Bridge of the Star Destroyer" missions where there's a very specific point that you have to bombard.

With these Cruisers, the Bridge really IS that big Gray-slab that seems to take up over half of it..
  16. _dArTh_SoLo Force Ghost

star 4
    It baffled me too...still does. I just kept firing crap at it and eventually destroyed it..lol.
  17. ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok: Earlier people said that you could alter how many troops on the battle you want. I have looked all over, where can you do this? Another one, in instant action, 2 of the good classes (Commander and officer) are always locked, how do I make it so that these guys are never locked EVER anymore?
  18. shockai Jedi Padawan

I've been playing it for a quite a while today and it's started to get a bit tough. I've landed on Yavin 4 and if the game gets any harder I've got a lot of frustrating hours ahead of me. When taking the corvette I had to take Vader all the way to Leia to win, and in the space battle it took me 5 tries to finally take out the engines in time.

I'll try turning off the stuff you guys mentioned, but are there any more tips you guys can give or is this just going to take skill gained through experience to win? I just got slaughtered my first try through the yavin 4 landing and I decided I needed a break. Battlefront 1 was easy so this one's suprising me.

Still, I'm really really enjoying this game.
  19. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    BF2 is definitely a tougher challenge than BF1. They've bumped up the AI even on the Normal difficulty (and there's no Easy difficulty at all!).

Some general tips just from playing the Space battles a few times.

* After you launch from your hanger, fly at top speed (but not using up your 'stamina' boost speed yet) for a little way towards the big ships, say about a third of the distance. By that time you'll be coming into range for their heavy guns, so then use your boost speed to quickly cut the distance and avoid some of the blasts.

* More importantly when doing the above, don't fly directly at the ships. That's just asking for massed turbolaser fire coming your way. Aim your ship to fly underneath them, the guns won't be able to reach you there. Then you have time to plan what to do.

* Take out the frigates (supporting craft) first. They can be attacked directly, unlike the capital ship where it has systems to knock out, and getting rid of them cuts down on a lot of laser fire coming your way. A couple bombing runs should be enough to destroy one.

* Get over to the capital ship, underneath it. Then you can either risk flying above-ships and taking on some of the Sensor systems on top (along with several turrets firing at you) or get into their hanger bay and attack from the inside. If you decide to stick outside for a bit, the Engines (back) and Life Support (underneath) systems should be easy targets for you to take out. I recommend divebomb tactics for the Life Support as it's easier to make sure your bombs hit.

* When you're running about inside, get up on the walkway and into one of the two doors. This leads into the main operations room. The main targeting computer stuff is here, that can be blown up. 3 adjoining rooms have other systems to destroy, such as the Life Support system (if you haven't destroyed it from outside already). You're gonna need either Pilot timebombs or Marine grenades & rockets to smash them up, and will probably need to use the droid in the operations room that replenishes your ammo. Enemies will respawn around here and there are also automated turrets in the ceiling (make these your HIGHEST priority when first entering a room) so if you're a Pilot it's gonna be very tough for you and your little pistol. If you're a Marine it's much easier thanks to your blaster rifle.

* Dodging missiles. When you get a timer onscreen saying a missle is tracking you, don't wait until the last second to start trying to avoid it. If you're not already juking about by the time it's around 200 or less, you're likely to get hit regardless. Use your stamina boost speed, use the evasion rolls, just do some crazy flying like this and you'll shake the missile. For the evasions, press O and then a direction for the basic dodges, or double-tap O then press a direction for the more complicated ones. That's the important thing, to press O before the direction to make sure it works. A couple advanced dodges in a row are normally enough to shake off missiles...it's gotten to the point now where I'm using them for useless but flashy stuff too, like 180-degree barrel-rolling after launching from my hanger to turn around and fly straight at the enemy :p Bear in mind you'll need to get some altitude first after launching otherwise you'll slam right back into your capital ship :p

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure others will be forthcoming.
  20. NightHunter319 Force Ghost

star 4
    You simply need to get a certain number of points, I think its a good system
  21. plo_koom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Except the other team is already allowed their fair share of special forces and you have nothing to counter them with.
  22. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Nothing to counter them with? The point-locked guys aren't that special...laser blasts to the head tend to work on any opponent. Even the Droideka's have had their shields weakened this time round.
  23. plo_koom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    DamonD, the droidekas shields aren't as easily penetrated by regular rounds and a Jedi's saber this time around. They got rid of the droidekas main weakness with infantry units, the "blind spot" in between the guns and they increased the rate and power of their blasters.
  24. BLemelisk Force Ghost

star 4
    Kind of upping what ROTS_Obiwan said:

How do you change the amount of reinforcement totals in a battle?
  25. LegatoBluesummers Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think I figured out what my problem is with this game: My complete and total disregard for my reinforcements. I will just blast through them like their not even there(in other words "killing them will Im killing the rebels")

I guess thats a reason why I keep losing on the Tantive IV :p

pretty much the tip is dont do what Im doing
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.