Battlefront II: Hints, Tips, Strategies, Walkthroughs (No Cheats Allowed)

Discussion in 'Games' started by NightHunter319, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Omnis Jedi Master

star 1
    Or if you want to get complicated, make your own map where Jango is a person you can play as like a trooper.
  2. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    There are some mod maps like that. IIRC, all of the Capital Down maps (there are four of them) allow you to play as a hero just like a regular trooper. The Empire-era maps give you Boba, and I think playing as CIS gives you Jango. What's sweet about it is there are unlockable heroes associated with the maps as well, different ones, so you can switch back and forth between the two heroes when they become available. :D

Edit: Download THIS to get all four of them. They're some of my favorite mod maps.
  3. TheDRiZZLe Jedi Master

star 4
    Why are they called Capitol Down?
  4. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Because each of the maps is based around a downed capital ship which you either attack or defend depending which side you are. So it's kind of a hybrid of space and ground combat, and you can fly around strafing the infantry if you feel like it. :D
  5. TheDRiZZLe Jedi Master

star 4
    OK, so basically a Hypori map/scenario....sweeeett!!!! I need to get a pc that can play games that weren't made 10 years ago!
  6. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I think winning on Hoth is one of those by-mistake things, personally. Bloody map. :p
  7. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I still haven't finished Hoth. Which is sad because I've been playing this game for ages. I pretty much only play online now; I think I've totally given up on finishing Hoth. :p I get so frustrated when I make it all the way to the bomb beacon phase and lose.
  8. TheDRiZZLe Jedi Master

star 4
    I just don't understand how poeple can get so into single player versions of games like this! Shooting real people online is much more satisfying, especially in a game like this where the AI rides in on the short bus! LOL
  9. shadowdude1794 Jedi Padawan

does any one know of a list of glitches for battle front 2?
  10. Darth_Omnis Jedi Master

star 1
    Most of us do but we can't post them here because they are considered cheats.
  11. TheDRiZZLe Jedi Master

star 4
    Most of them are worthless anyway, it's just a good wayt o get kicked and banned from servers. Most are simply map exploits like holes allowing you into walls where you can shoot out but no one can shoot in. The game has been around so long now if you go in one someone usually just does the same thing and kills you. Don't waste your time.
  12. darth_paul Force Ghost

star 5
    This is how you use your 20,000th post? :p
  13. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Cool, I didn't even notice it was the big 2-0. Well, I think BF2 is worthy of the honor, don't you? :p

Nah, depends where you do it. I play on FFA a lot, which is an anything goes server, so no one cares if you practice glitching or whatever on there. There are a whole group of us who do our glitching on that server. It's sort of funny when people who don't understand that it's a glitch server join the game and are all "OMG WHY ARE THERE JET TROOPERS ON TOP OF THE MAP, I'M TELLING THE ADMIN RIGHT THIS MINUTE!!!"

But anyway... don't try glitching around on any of the serious servers; that sucks and it messes up people's game. When I see people trying to glitch on serious servers (especially the version 1.0 servers, which are usually filled with nonames and kids who think they're so cool because they learned how to get into corners), I usually just go in and shoot 'em.

Search Google videos if you want to see glitches. I ain't posting any of 'em in here since it's a no-cheat thread and all, but PM me if you want. Or just play on the FFA server sometimes and spec as us. :p
  14. Darth_Omnis Jedi Master

star 1
    you can even go to youtube and they have quite a few videos of gliches
  15. TheDRiZZLe Jedi Master

star 4
    I've never even played the PC version, the glitches and cheats you can use must be crazy! I don't ever remember seeing PS2 servers dedicated to glitching, but there are a lot that openly tolerated it as long as it didn't get out of hand. Hell the sky glitchers half the time just make themsleves easy targets so it's no big deal, it's when people start getting into walls and killing people as they spawn that the booting usually starts!
  16. Darth_Omnis Jedi Master

star 1
    There are no cheats for PC just glitches:(
  17. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9

Some cheats would be quite cool on Hoth. Galloping AT-ATs that can shrink so you can take them inside. :p
  18. Darth_Omnis Jedi Master

star 1
    It would be funny if you could harpoon people with the snow speeder
  19. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I wish the PC version had invincibility so it would be easier to get outside the map and explore. If you're glitching as a jet trooper and you fall off the map, sometimes you can fly back up, but sometimes you die immediately.
  20. TheDRiZZLe Jedi Master

star 4
    HELL YEAH! LMAO....harpoon snow troopers and drag them around the maps behind you!!!!!!
  21. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Harpoon Vader and drag him around. [face_laugh]

I usually like being in the gunner spot in the BF2 vehicles, but the harpoon gun is just too sucky. You'd have to be able to do more with it.

I just got Xfire, feel free to add me if you want, same username as I have here.
  22. Obi1cannoli Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow, it's funny how so many of the people on the random pages I've looked at found Hoth difficult in 1st player! I passed it on my first go - once I got to Vader it was 'all too easy'... well, I thought so anyway...
    For someone who is existing on the online play when he can hire the game out from the local library, I am seriously addicted to this! What are people's favourite maps? I do quite like multiplayer Hoth - so much fun, and a good scope of ground Vs air action! And flying the speeders into the tunnels and seeing the chat dialogues quickly turning to everyone screaming ***?!?! as you blow them apart is gold! [face_laugh]
    Single player I like Polis Massa in Galactic conquest - the choke point at the corridor between the two halves of the station is insane! You can spend 2 mins there and have all the bonuses for your class! Then once you have yourself an uber-trooper it's a walk in the park to break through the rebel lines and march through the corridor and take the rest of the station!
    There's my little thing on it, anyway!
  23. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    LOL, I agree. That was how I got my singleplayer kill:death ratio up to 14:1. I used to play Polis Massa a lot on single player, and it was so easy to stand by the ammo droid and chuck 'nades down those hallways nonstop. [face_laugh] Death Star too - once you have CP3, you've got a choke point at the hallway coming out of the prison block and you can get tons of kills.
  24. TheDRiZZLe Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, taking the blaster away fromt eh speeders tail gunner on BF2 was a huge mistake, I mean, you couldn't really do much with it in BF1, but atleast you felt like you werre doing something when all the AT-AT were down or you had a pilot who was totally clueless and jsut flying around strafing while the walkers slaughter your infantry. I also hate how they took away your ability to jump out in flight, even though it makes sense, it sucks when you are stuck with a noob for a pilot.
  25. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I like strafing while AT-ATs are slaughtering my infantry. Screw the good of the team; I want to get my kill count up! [face_laugh]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.