main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlefront II: Hints, Tips, Strategies, Walkthroughs (No Cheats Allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by NightHunter319, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDRiZZLe

TheDRiZZLe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    LOL, well, my clan mates get a little pissed at me when I don't give them air support! hehe...yeah, when I was freelancing I would just slaughter the infantry spawning at the walkers feet sometimes! Like shooting clones in a barrel! hehe

2. Darth_Omnis

Darth_Omnis Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2006
    Ok this has probly been talked about but can you change on instant action the where the maps go in random order?

3. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    No, hence the use of the word "random". : )~

4. Darth_Omnis

May 19, 2006
    You know when you play instant action and the maps play the way you choose them well how do you get it to play them in a random order?

5. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    OH I got ya, from what I remember there was simply an option when picking maps for random, but it has been a year since I played instant action.

6. Imperial_Remnant

Imperial_Remnant Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2007
    Does anyone know where the critical spot is for the rebel tanks (PS2 version) ?

7. Imperial_Remnant

Apr 4, 2007
    For BF1 there were two options in instant action under the box with the maps you selected. One was to start the game and the other said "Play in Order". All you had to do was press x on the "Play in Order" button and it turned into Random Order.

8. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    I beleive the panel on the back behind the cockpit.

9. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    In BF1 there used to be that button right at the bottom of the map list. In BF2, you have to go to the game options on the left side of the screen when you're setting up the list. Click the first button on top of the column on the left and one of the options there is play in order/play random.

10. Imperial_Remnant

Apr 4, 2007
    In the Death Star map in BF2, when you shot the grate and went into the trash compacter, there was a a control panel next to the exit. What happened after you destroyed the panel?

11. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    I don't think it does anything.

12. Darth_Omnis

May 19, 2006
    I think it was supposed to close the door but it did nothing for me

13. Von_Spee

Von_Spee Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2007
    There is a lovely thing you could do on the death star look for a green flash on the floor and destroy it it will destroy a section of a walk till someone repairs it:D there is one in mastara(whatever) cuts vital places off till you can crush it. WARNING AI repairs it.

14. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    Hi. I'm brand new to this thread.

Not sure if this has been discussed. Why isn't Qui-Gon on Battlefront II? If Darth Maul made it, Qui-Gon should have.

15. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    I dunno. Why isn't Padme in it, or old Obi-Wan for the Death Star?

16. Darth_Omnis

May 19, 2006
    Who knows? Meby on instant action in the upcomming game they'll have them on extra maps.
    What do you think they would give young Anakin if they put him in it?[face_thinking]

17. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    Fushion cutter is about it! lol fact is BF2 was rushed, that is probably why tehy left out old Ben, Padme and Qui-Gon. Qui Gon was definetly the most glaring ommision, he fought too much in the first TPM to be left out of the the game. Padme, who cares, about as useful as the Princess.

18. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    I like Leia, but it sucks when you're on Polis Massa playing as her and you have to duel Palpatine. She should get infinite grenades or something to even the playing field a bit. :p

19. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    The only use I have ever found for her is on Mos Eisly Hero Assault, when someone is using one of the Fetts to sky walk by the hangar and snipe, you quick switch to her and use her blaster to pick them off, otherwise, her and pretty much all the none force heroes are useless versus a another force user. She can be useful when doing hero assault clan matches, you have her run with a group of you using her invincibilty and you can do some major damage, as long as you all stick close to her and protect her.

20. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000

Fushion cutter is about it! lol fact is BF2 was rushed, that is probably why tehy left out old Ben, Padme and Qui-Gon. Qui Gon was definetly the most glaring ommision, he fought too much in the first TPM to be left out of the the game. Padme, who cares, about as useful as the Princess.

Exactly. Qui-Gon was a powerful Jedi who kicked a lot of bootie in at least one whole SW movie. I mean, he was the star of Episode I. But then BF2 has Aalya Secura - who has no lines and like 2 short scenes???

It doesn't make sense than Leia and Han would be powerful enough to kill Jedi easily. And the Emperor --- this guy is a wimp! He's pretty good with the saber, but his lightning is so unrealistically weak. In the movies, his lightning knocks Yoda flying backwards, and nearly roasts Luke to death. On this game, it makes some Rebel trooper flinch for a second and that's it? It barely hurts them. The Jedi who can throw their sabers do far more damage -- that can kill several enemies at once! Palp's lightning doesn't even kill ONE person!

All that said...this game is still awesome and lot of fun. :) I'm picking on in because I like it.

21. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    The Emp can be very powerful if you know how to use him, force lightning is bascially only good for taking down the health of groups, nothing more, but his real power comes from the lightning ground punch! I know guys who are death incarnate with him. I hate using him and Vader simply due to their floating instead of jumping, they just aren't manueverable enough for me when I play online.

22. Von_Spee

Von_Spee Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2007
    At least he floats not walks,( I'd hate to imagine that :( ) I will anyway give him my worst darkside hero and the one with the shortest lifespan. And with my tastes for friendly fire, its an absalute recomdation NOT to use him, 'cause it nails your buddies too. He also got that stupid jump which makes you even rocket launcher fodder.Choking your victims makes you anoyingly weak to ,well uh, everything.
    Maul get 1st place for awesome killing area=D= .

23. m3th0d

m3th0d Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2007
    I just bought BF2 at target (b/c it was clearanced at 9 bucks)... never really played any Star Wars games so this is my first SW gaming experience. I beat the story mode today, which was overall pretty fun.

Tried going online and I get my butt kicked. How are people so good? The game doesn't feel like SW when playing online. Too many people TKing, using rocket launchers, and just plain f'n around. Online feels more like Quake, very fast paced, no strat involved. And there aren't too many dedicated servers, am I too late?

24. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    What console are you playing? I can't speak for the X-Box community, but the PS2 community is definetly still kicking, we (DSA) usally have atleast 6 servers going at any given time, JOG always has one up for hero assault I beleive, not to mention GOR and some of the smaller ones usually have atleast one dedicated server going. If anything recruiting has actually picked up a bit lately so I don't see you as being too late, but it's not like it was a year ago with hundreds online at any given time either, but many of the guys still left playing are like me and go back to the day BF1 came out, and they are really good (I used to be pretty good, but I have moved on to SOCOM so my BF skills have really crashed).

Our site is listed below in my sig, if you want to find games and look at the activity on our dedicated servers for the PS2 just hit the link in my sig. You are never going to get totally away from the rocket noobs, just start practicing with the Engineer and you can take care of them. Otherwise we also have dedicated space and Hero assault servers which are usually pretty full.

25. m3th0d

m3th0d Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2007
    I'm actually playing on the PC, and it seems pretty dead. There's only a couple servers where I get good ping but they're all empty.

I'm actually pretty good at shoot-em-up games myself.. I used to belong to a pretty big CS clan back in the day but I'm getting owned on BF2.

Do people cheat online? I see some iffy stuff every once in a while.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.