main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlefront II: Hints, Tips, Strategies, Walkthroughs (No Cheats Allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by NightHunter319, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDRiZZLe

TheDRiZZLe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    God I miss Counter Strike! LOL

Honestly, glitching on BF2 PS2 wise has always been limited to wall hacking honestly, none of the Code Magic Bs you get with SOCOM

2. Darth_Omnis

Darth_Omnis Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2006
    Yesssss! Another PC Player!
    My parents don't trust me with any other game system higher than a 64.

3. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    Not anymore, I stick to consoles now, I spend all day infront of a PC at work, I just couldn't justify spending another four hours after work on my home one, damn elbow started to hurt from too much mouse use! lol

Wait, your folks don't trust you with a PS or X-Box, yet let you have a PC? That makes sense.....

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Did you download the upgrade for version 1.1? The v1.0 servers are slowly but surely emptying out as more people upgrade. Me, I have the patch that lets me play on both v1.0 and v1.1 servers.

5. m3th0d

m3th0d Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2007
    I didn't download any patches but my game is 1.1, maybe because I just bought it recently and it comes updated?

Anyhow, can someone please tell me how to counter the force choke.. it's SOO CHEAP!! People just choke me and take a couple swipes and I'm dead. :(

6. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    There really is no counter besides just staying out of its range and using the buddy system. Block doesn't work, you just have to jump away and then counter with a push or pull, but once they got you in a choke there is nothing you can do man except pray one of your teammates rescues you since he is defensless when choking you.

7. Darth_Omnis

Darth_Omnis Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2006
    My games are on the home comp. We got a new comp that was made specifically for games so it all works out.

8. m3th0d

m3th0d Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2007
    How do you counter with a push or pull? I don't see it anywhere in the manual?

9. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    Listen...I will put in laymans terms the best I can...soemone with a choker comes at you jump away from them, geting out of range of their choke power and then comeback with your own force power either push or pull since they have a longer range than choke. The manual just tells you basic controls, there are not controls for counters it's a figure of speech.

10. m3th0d

m3th0d Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2007
    Sorry for not being clear.. what I meant was, when playing with a Jedi, how do you do a force push? Like what buttons/keys..?

The Sith get force lightning and choke.. and all the Jedi get is the sabre throw, pretty cheap!

11. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    LOL...not all villians get lightning and choke, it varies, like Maul has push and saber throw, Secura has pull and saber throw, the Emp has lighting and choke, Anakin has choke and saber throw, every force using hero villian has two force powers to chose from, which buttons depends on the console and your own personal control settings, I don't remember the PS2 defaults anymore. Just check your control layouts int he options screen, PS2 I think the default was L1 to use force power and L2 to cycle between the two, bu I haven't played in awhile.

PS.....not all heroes get saber throw, Yoda has push and pull for example, jsut like not every villian has choke or lightning such as Maul.

12. m3th0d

m3th0d Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2007
    AHH, thanks man. I didn't realize you can cycle force powers like you can cycle weapons for infantry.

Just wondering do you guys use Gamespy or anything? I just look for servers within the game.. if I use Gamespy will I be able to search out more servers? I see a lot of servers where I get good ping but they're all empty.

13. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    I have a Gamespy Id I use in BF2 for the PS2 and I can always find a full server whenever I want, can't say about the PC and X-Box world, as far as I know the PC community is kicking too.

14. yuna_kenobi

yuna_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    don't bother capturing command posts in conquest or skirmish, just shoot as many as you can:D

15. m3th0d

m3th0d Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2007
    STUPID QUESTION: How do you throw detpacks? When I throw it, it always lands in front of me but I see people chucking it like all the way across the room..?

16. yuna_kenobi

yuna_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    look up, then throw...

*tries it*

never mind

17. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    I've always sucked with the Engineer, but if you can learn how to use him right, you can be a beast in this came, especially on HWG maps like Tantive and Polis, where the hallways are always cluttered with mines!

18. m3th0d

m3th0d Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2007
    Yeah, I've been practicing with the Engineer lately.. the first couple times I was doing really good (I love the shotty) but then I've hit a cold streak lately. Just need to figure out how to use the detpacks..

19. JAWA64

JAWA64 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 20, 2006
    Have you tried tapping the button that releases the dets for different periods of time? or pressing the sprint button while throwing one. I have no idea if either of those will work, but might as well try.

20. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    Aim up and sprint when you throw it I think....it's been a REALLY long time!

21. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Yeah, for real. I like to mine noob people a lot when dancing with them, so it sucks when I end up dancing with an engineer because they get me 90% of the time. :p I'm not that good with engineer, so I usually only play it on maps like Hoth so I can repair my own snowspeeder.

I think holding down the right click button for a while is supposed to do something when you throw dets. I've seen a lot of engineers who run around with a detpack in their hand, which means they're holding down the button. Sprinting helps too. I know you can throw mines and turrets a short distance when you do that. I still think that if you can throw detpacks long distances you should be able to throw mines and turrets as well, though.

22. m3th0d

m3th0d Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2007
    Darth Lady Mara, were you in the WGO server tonight? I was under the alias, Spock.. lol.

23. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Hi Spock. What they told you is true, I am in fact halfway male now.

24. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    Wow...there is getting off topic...and then there is GETTING OFF TOPIC! LMAO

25. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    It's not off-topic. Certain WGO members seem to feel I'm either a he or an it. :p I play on that server a lot because it's one of the busier ones, though it's started lagging a lot of late.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.