main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlefront II: Hints, Tips, Strategies, Walkthroughs (No Cheats Allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by NightHunter319, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    On Felucia a great way to squeeze either the droids or Rebels is take every CP except the hilltop (don't remember the number of it right now, sorry)...send a fire squad up the winding road up the hillside and two other fire squads up the roots to the top. Pour the pressure on them and rack up the kills.

2. BigMackDaddy

BigMackDaddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2003
    How do you unlock all the locked levels, like Space Coruscant or Space Endor?

3. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    They are not unlockable, one is in HC only and the other in GC only.

4. BigMackDaddy

Jan 6, 2003
    Does anyone else think it was a foolish choice on the part of Pandemic to not make them playable in 'instant action' mode?

5. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005

Unfortunately it's too early to find cheats.However this game may require cheats to conquer it.I have spent hours on the space battle of Yavin,by the time I get to the engines on the Mon Cal cruiser I am out of time even though my reinforcements are at 38.I try again faster this time I do all the stuff that you have to first blow up the Blockade Runners e.t.c.,I destroy the first engine on the Mal Cal cruiser and once again defeated.Why isn't there an easy difficulty setting?How come you can only pic normal or elite?Did they have to make this game so (forgive me) damn hard?!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: !!!!!!!

6. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    How do you order men with a comp?

7. Ob-wan-shawa

Mar 10, 2005
    Ditto. More then ten I'm always 40 sec away from wiining but then I lose.

Sorry for the double post but this is a few hours later.

8. DarthPosterGuy

DarthPosterGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2005
    Get your back against a wall to where you can see both sides of a single bookcase. Jedis always attack one side, and are easy to kill as they slash at the bookcase with their lightsabers. Just wait until someone starts attacking the bookcase you are guarding; don't waste time firing at passersby. Reload after every kill, so that you're not stuck reloading in a critical moment. Might take a few times, but more than not, you'll beat it. Also, try to hold onto Anakin as long as you can to beat the level. That was the only way I was able to beat it.

And if you think that level's a *****, wait until Hoth. I beat it, but after much frustration.

9. Master_Anakin1

Master_Anakin1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2005
    I need help!

each time I play the Rise of the Empire I can't seem to get past the part where you have to keep the Wookie Oil refinger from blowing up!

Today I made it to saving it where the time ran out and then at that very moment the thing BLOWS UP and I still lose! >_<

I can't seem to keep enought troops away long enought.

SOME ONE HELP ME! :_|

10. BigMackDaddy

Jan 6, 2003
    Exactly where in the game is the Endor space battle? I can't find it.

11. LegatoBluesummers

LegatoBluesummers Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    This is what I did and I beat it the first time around, first off dont treat your forces like rocks b/c they will run out.

second get to the middle base on the island and take that first.

and when they tell you to protect the oil tanks, get into the tank(inside the main area where they tell you to protect, its on the right) and stand about 20 yrds(game distance) from the main doors and basically shoot everything that isnt an ally; use both lasers and rockets

(each time the tank gets destroyed get into the other one and continue).

when you beat thateventually you'll get Yoda and own ass

12. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Yeah, i'd recommend the method of standing by and defending a single bookcase with a trooper..

Although, say, does anyone know if the Engineers can repair the bookcases with their fusion cutters? I just thought of this right now...That was how i got past the bit on where you had to defend the AT-TE on Felucia.

Maybe you could repair the bookcases during lulls in the battle?

13. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005

Is the Battle of Hoth the last level on Rise of the Empire?I wish there was an easy mode.The strategy you have for the holo-bookcases will probably work most of the time,but sometimes the guys with the rocket launchers shoot the bookcases.

14. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    The booklet isn't clear on the commands. How do the commands work?

15. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I covered that on the previous page. Cut 'n' paste to the rescue :

Okay, I've worked out how you give orders.

The whole idea is different from BF1. Instead of shouting orders out at soldiers as you jog past them, and having them obey for several seconds until they get bored , this time round it's more like getting a bodyguard unit.

What you have to do is put your targeting cursor over one of your allies, and tap Up on the D-Pad. This will then get them to join you. They will fight by your side and follow you around until they die. They basically do what you do. The amount of 'bodyguards' like this you can order depends on your rank.

Private - 1 soldier
    Sergeant - 2
    Captain - 3
    General - 4

So you can't influence as many soldiers as in BF1, but on the other hand they'll stay by your side throughout. And since the AI's better this time round, they can really make good protectors...since I'm up to Captain in my game, I had 3 soldiers running around with me on Dagobah and we made a great little team. If you lose a soldier (or more), you can just recruit replacements.

Hero characters cannot command troops. However, if you face an ally and try pressing Up on the D-pad, you'll get a comment from your radio contact that you can't do it, and in the case of the Imperial guy it's quite amusingly condescending

16. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Thanks!

Is there any command that has you tell your men to guard a certain point? Like a Command Post?

17. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005

I am sure you have to be the Empire,but on what planet can you be Emperor Palpatine?I know if your the Seperatist army you can be Darth Maul if your on Tatooine.Does anybody have a list on which heros are playable on what planet?

18. Blaine_The_Mono

Blaine_The_Mono Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2005
    Thanks for the follow commands thing. It works in Heroes vs Villains as well, even though you get that radio soundclip saying it doesn't. It's great having several Vaders strutting their stuff down Mos Esiely, casually slicing everyone up as you walk.

19. Ob-wan-shawa

Mar 10, 2005
    Thanks for the tips I got all way the way to the klill 3 jedi masters and I got 2 of them then I lost. How many objectives are there in this level?!

20. Blips

Blips Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2005
    How do you play the hero battle on Mos Eisley? I can't find it anywhere.

21. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    For the Jedi Masters I recommend using the sniper class. They only block a few sniper shots and the many they don't rip though them.

Mos Eisly Hero Mode is named assault. so select that and you can play as all your favoutitre heroes :D.

There just something about jumping on a sail barge and taking on 2 Ki Adi Mundis, Yoda, Mace and princess Leia that is so dam cool.

22. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Once you kill the Jedi Masters, you're done.

And yeah, you're best bet is to stay at a distance and pick them off. I just used the regular Trooper, and fired off short bursts. There are normally so many other troopers around that keep the Jedi busy that you should be okay.

23. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    What's a good strategy for trying to complete the mission on Naboo when you are trying to kill the queen. Every time I kill a ton of guys but my allies die quickly.

24. DarthPosterGuy

DarthPosterGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2005
    I kept the tank in good condition and used it to kill the Jedi and the queen. To keep the tank, get out as soon as you are at a checkpoint. The enemy will generally ignore it while you are out and by it. Also, use the fusion cutter to repair it.

25. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Okay thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.