Battlefront II open beta!

Discussion in 'Raleigh, NC' started by Axelay, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    I saw recently that Battlefront II was being closed beta tested, and that only Fileplanet subscribers could get keys for the installer. Apparently, enough people griped about it until Lucasarts decided to open the beta to the public. If you hurry, you might still be able to get a key! (Only a specific number of them are generated per week, and last time I looked, no more were available until just now.) I'm currently downloading the beta's installation package, so I hope to be able to see how this game will play tomorrow.

Check out the link here if you'd like to register for a key.
  2. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hmmm, once again, the link I posted completely didn't show up. Well, just copy and paste this one into your browser.

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/battlefront2/swbf2_home.aspx

I played MANY battles this morning, and I am very pleased with this game so far. There are 3 maps - Tantive IV, Utapau, and a space battle between a Star Destroyer and a Calamari Cruiser over Yavin. Each map cycles into a different game play style - typical Battlefront "control all command points," or "capture the flag." The space battle is definitely my favorite map, but the single best feature of the beta is unlocking a hero. Thus far, I've seen Yoda and Vader on the Tantive, and Grievous and Boba Fett on Utapau. Yoda is flat out PSYCHO! It's the funniest thing I've ever seen in any FPS game I've ever played. He's tiny so that he's hard to hit, he moves like the Flash, and he attacks like Maxi in Soul Calibur (meaning that he completely flips out the more you press the buttons). He can block with his lightsaber, and can even deflect MISSILES. I went on a streak and tore through about a dozen Droidekas and Magna Droids with Yoda, and those things are pretty tough to take down with infantry.

I am extremely excited about this game now. =D= I've taken many screenshots, and I'll try to upload them into my website before too long.
  3. LlorchTHX Jedi Knight

Axelay,

Thanks for the tip!
    This is so much fun!

I have always loved the "first person shoters" kind of games (since the first Wolfenstein, Doom, Heretic, Quake, etc). Some friends introduced me to Battlefield but this one with for StarWars is SO good.

Let me know when are you playing. I'm really lousy but I think it would be a lot of fun if the fanforce members could play at the same time.

Anyway, thanks again!!!

LlorchTHX
  4. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    I loved Battlefront, but this game is already a very noticeable improvement over the original. The FPS rate has no cap, the space battles are tremendously fun, and some of the classes seem to have been balanced quite a bit (*cough*Dark Trooper*cough*). The lightsaber-wielding heroes which I've seen so far are almost ridiculously powerful... that is, until you realize that you can simply have them run over a landmine for an instant kill. See Grievous storming down the hallway tearing up the rest of your team? Go grab his attention, backpedal like mad, and then toss a mine down when he charges at you. You may not make it away from the detonation in time, but just like in chess, that's a good trade if you can sacrifice a pawn to take a queen.

Still haven't gotten around to hosting my screenshots yet, but maybe I'll get that done in a day or two.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.