main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Battlefront III is a Go!!!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediFett10, Jun 10, 2013.

1. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    TIE Fighter Empire, Rebellion II, Empire at War II, Rebel Assault III, Force Commander II here.
    As for the ones you mentioned, how about Imperial Commando, Knights of the New Republic, or Jedi Academy II: New Jedi Order?

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  2. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Force Commander II would BLOW. MY. MIND.

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I like the Battle of Hoth enough to see each console generation take a crack at it. Maybe not "All Hoth Battle: The Game!" might be a bit much but one every 6 years is not a bad quota. Hell, did the Wii/Ps3/XBox 360 gen even do a Battle of Hoth? We're overdue! We skipped a generation, ahhhh!

4. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Anything involving galactic battles in the New Republic era would blow my mind.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  5. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    A ground/space RTS following the NR's Core campaigns would be absolutely stellar.

(The Imperial campaign could be the returned Emperor's reconquista.)

6. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Those all sound fine... but would an original IP be the worst thing the world? And by "original IP" I don't mean the long awaited outsider viewpoint to the Battle of Hoth. I want something new and unexpected, rather than them just riding on past successes. Wait... this is EA, what am I saying?

That said, I do like your idea of taking old IP's and giving them little "twists", such as Knights of the New Republic or a Jedi Knight set in the Yuuzhan Vong War.

I think we can all agree that Star Wars needs a new kickass RTS, at least.

7. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yeah, another Star Wars RTS would be excellent, but with teh way games are going these days, not sure how likely that would be. This wasn't even really a teaser, just an announcement really, Battlefront was popular, EA has done plenty of shooters and war games, so its a quick way to really announce that EA has the Star Wars game license now. Well, most people on these boards, but not everyone follows Star Wars and game news fervently. [face_whistling] E3 is usually a good place for those kinds of announcements/reminders.

I'm also still worried how much is open to them with Episode VII coming (since the status of the entire New Republic era and onwards is in doubt). If it ends up as just more Clone Wars games, yawn. Although a Clone Wars RTS could be awesome (Republic vs. Confederacy), or even one set during an Old Republic war, thought that era seems to be Bioware's domain mostly.

I'm still not really expecting much, and probably not any time soon. And mostly hope its not just a reskinned Call of Duty or Battlefield or whatever those FPS series are called. There have probably already been a few mods that reskinned CoD into Star Wars anyway, now that I think about it.

8. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    At least EA seems to know what fans want. I'm interested, but I hope that EA doesn't come up with any great marketing ideas like Oregon or full-time-Internet-connection this time. I still play BFII sometimes, I hope this can last that long (except that in 2024 it would be BFVII: Operation Gamma II or something like that)

New eras, lots of maps, interesting and long single player story, lots of maps, moddable, diversity to the space battles (and the soldiers), bigger and better galactic conquest with a galaxy map straight from The Atlas, not just movie-battles (I'm sure they will all be there, but I want more). And first of all, make it simple. I want to just choose a map, pick a B2 droid and start blasting clones. Then at some point change to Grievous and destroy mooks from both sides (I know some people dislike the heroes and I haven't tried them in multiplayer, but playing single they are good stress toys).

9. werpudel

werpudel Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2008
    Empire at War II - please make it so!

10. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012

As much as I got excited for the news, I have to agree that those three games blow Battlefront out of the water. At least for me.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  11. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    I am remaining cautiously optimistic about the reveal at this point. Let's hope they take their time and not succumb to taking short cuts just to make a prescheduled release date.

12. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    I am pretty excited for this game after such a long wait. I really hope the combat spans different eras and not just stick to the PT and OT.

I hope some sort of star fighter game and a new strategy game are in the works as well. A new Empire at War would be great.

Darth_Arapsis likes this.
  13. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013

Yeah, TFU Ulitmate Sith Edition.

14. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    YES!

YES!

[​IMG]

You clearly meant to say: JEDI MASTER: JEDI OUTCAST II: JEDI KNIGHT III: DARK FORCES IV (A VIDEO GAME OF THE NEW REPUBLIC)

Kyle or Death. [face_skull]

And, no, JA doesn't count towards the DF numbering. It was a glorified expansion pack. [face_not_talking]

EDIT: Though, actually, I would happily take an "IMPERIAL KNIGHT" game. Just so long as I got to be a Katarn descendant. :p

spicer and GrandMasterKatarn like this.
  15. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Those are two things that usually come together.

Point Given likes this.
  16. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I turned, I saw, I died.

17. Pellaeon's Second

Pellaeon's Second Jedi Knight

Nov 21, 2012
    Hey Havac, have you ever looked into the mods for Empire at War? There are some pretty darn amazing ones that are pretty much exactly what you are looking for. Two I would check out are Thrawn's Revenge, which adds campaigns and units for every major conflict of the NR era up to the vong and Republic at War, which is polished enough to basically be an EAW 2 set in the clone wars.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/republic-at-war

http://www.moddb.com/mods/thrawns-revenge

18. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    While those others things would be nice, I am still happy for this. Some days you don't need a new story so much as fun romp blasting things with your friends.

Though I would really love it if they started adding in stuff from the EU as well, even whole new wars to fight in.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  19. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    Just do something in the rest of the Galactic Civil War if they are risk averse. They can do something interesting but they don't have pull a marketing trick like SWTOR with clone trooperish armor's and imperial designs.

20. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Yes ^:)^ Yes ^:)^ Yes ^:)^ YES. I love you whoever you are!

spicer and GrandMasterKatarn like this.
  21. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm offended that you didn't mention Phoenix Rising [face_not_talking]

Zeta1127 likes this.
  22. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Watch this be a reskin of the incomplete Battlefront

23. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Why the incomplete Battlefront? Battlefield 3 and upcoming 4 would make much more logical bases to reskin from. And hopefully the focus remains on the troops and vehicles, rather than the annoying Jedi/Heroes mechanic from Battlefront II.

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    What levels from the movies, TV series', comics and books does everyone want to see?

25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Barriss Offee instigating an Arkham-Asylum escape from the Coruscant Detention Center with the rest of the Separatists shortly after the events of TCW?

Gorefiend likes this.