main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Battlefront: Twilight Company (released 11/3)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by cdgodin, Apr 17, 2015.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  2. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I hope Sullust is an ice planet.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    If there's a Sullust... will there be a Sulon?

4. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    If? There's been a Sullust since '83.

Or, at least, reports of it.

The more pressing question is: If there's a Sulon, is there a Max?

Lando Swarm likes this.
  5. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    Will the novel explain why the Rebel fleet would gather for a major offensive above a major military production world?

Captain RX likes this.
  6. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998

Maybe they'd just occupied it/taken it over/bombed the hell out of the production? Cymoon 1 was child's play, yo.

JediBatman and darklordoftech like this.
  7. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Well, we see Sullustans in both ROTJ and Battlefront as Rebel soldiers, I assume they are not under Imperial occupation anymore. In Princess Leia #3 we know the Sullustans have an economy based around smuggling etc. so I assume they'd be happy to get rid of the Imperials.

JediBatman and Revanfan1 like this.
  8. Captain RX

Captain RX Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2014
    Yea I'd love to hear the story for this one

9. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Well... Wasn't the fleet simply *near* Sullust, according to Vader? Has any canon specified that it was *above* the planet? "Near" could mean anything. Could mean that's simply the closest planet with meaningful population.

JediBatman and Revanfan1 like this.
  10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Exactly. Massing "near" Sullust. Not "at" Sullust. They could've been anywhere in the same system as Sullust and Vader just used it as a point of reference.

JediBatman likes this.
  11. Captain RX

Jul 30, 2014
    Why would the fragile republic fleet be gathering near a major imperial site and so openly? Still doesn't make sense since the full might of the empire could wipe them out easily

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  12. Riven_JTAC

Jun 28, 2011
    Because they wanted to draw the Empire's attention there, hopefully causing the Empire to pull some or all of the mobile defenses around the Death Star II to Sullust to crush the Rebel fleet... that was actually going to Endor. To me, that's the fairly clear implication of the exchange between the Emperor and Vader. The Emperor, if you recall, tells Vader to pay those reports no mind because he knows the Rebels are coming to Endor and he will crush them there.

Trebor Sabreon and JediBatman like this.
  13. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    The way I see it, at the time of ROTJ Sullust is either in the hands of the Empire, or the Rebels.

If it's the former, they're massing near Sullust to attack it. (Or at least they want the Empire to think that when Endor is the real target.)

If it's the later they're massing near Sullust because it's a strong hold (or at least it's citizens have strong rebel sympathies).

14. Captain RX

Jul 30, 2014
    But the empire already knew they were going to at some point attack the new Death Star since many bothan spies were killed and tortured for stealing the info

15. Riven_JTAC

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah, I think those are both good scenarios. I guess I'm also assuming that Sullust is an Imperial possession at this point. With the EU having been completely wiped out, there are SO many holes in the continuity now that were fairly well settled before (and made sense).
    Does Vader know that...?

Even if Vader knows of the spies and their demise, Vader may not know that the imminent attack is on the Death Star II; he may reasonably believe that the Rebels want to attack Sullust. Or, as Batman says above, we're also assuming Sullust even belongs to the Empire at this point.

Iron_lord likes this.
  16. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
  17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    It seems everything is filmed in either Iceland or New Zealand these days.:p

Love the concept though -- after all these years I had been worried the next Battlefront would be yet another playthrough of the film locations. It's neat they're putting so much effort into designing new (or for Sullust's case, "newish") planets.

Revanfan1, Vthuil and King of Alsakan like this.
  18. Big Fat'Lya

Big Fat'Lya Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2013
    An Imperial production world with a large rebel sympathy movement seems like a perfect place to be the supposed target of a massed Rebel attack. Presumably the idea is to suggest that the Rebellion spies a perfect opportunity to claim legitimacy as a separate power by taking more worlds (It's Mon Calamari and a handful of other open supporters on the Outer Rim at present). They can stir up the sympathetic populace, take the planet relatively easily with widespread support from the locals, seize the production facilities for their own use and cost the Empire significant resources, regionally anyway. Maybe the very fact that they're massing nearby is to be taken as a cue to the people of Sullust that now is the time, and they're hoping the Sullustans will overthrow the imperial collaboration government without the Rebels actually committing? All this would make a Sullust-proximate location a convincing target, justifying the massed fleet, which of course is actually jumping to Endor.

But Palpatine knows that. He knows a lot of things.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  19. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I've read the first chapter and I think you will all be pleasantly surprised!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The bit that was in the sampler was alright. I'm not a terribly huge fan of action, but it could be good military sci-fi fun.

lol. I am reminded about one of the greatest threads in modern history. Thank you.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  21. Dante1120

Dante1120 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 5, 2006
    I try my best.

22. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Hope the Stormtroopers are wearing a good pair of boots that can traverse volcanic rock, not sure those disco shoes will cut it. ;)

23. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    The IGN article is good and explains a lot without explaining much but the down side that I am having is this complete total adherence to Lucasfilm and controlled creativity that only encompasses the OT stuff. In the long run this could drive part of the fan base away. The interview gave me chills as to the things to come and so far what has been released has been this limited OTish motif with everything else hitting the backburner. Not sure I'm liking this too much.

24. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah, it's disappointing. I mean, if they wanted to focus the game into the Empire/Rebellion conflict, they could have mined the rest for material. One of the things I thought when I heard about the new BF was that now they could bring some of the breathtaking worlds seen in TCW to life. Alas...

25. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    We've had 16 years of prequel era overload, I'm enjoying the OT revival.