main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlefront: Renegade Squadron. PSP exclusive

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    You changed the title!? :mad:

2. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    We need to create an online petition now.

3. 694377

694377 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 24, 2006
    I'm looking forward to the Korriban Map, i hope it will have many places to hide and such...

Also the creating option would be great, it would just be great for me, i'd try and make Mandalorians or Sith troops!:p

And also, i'd rather think of this game as:

Star Wars Battlefront 2.5:p:D

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I briefly saw a demo of this at C4, though it was too busy to get in and try to mess around with it. Looked pretty similar to what BF2 has. I have a feeling it'll largely be the same game except with a few new skins and maps.

5. Edwardstyn

Edwardstyn Jedi Knight star 1

May 15, 2005
    I will probably get this, as I do already have a PSP, and I do love all Battlefront games as I have Battlefront 1 and 2 on PS2 and Battlefront 2 on PSP. :p

6. anakinskywalkerhalo1

anakinskywalkerhalo1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007
    I"m loking forward to more heroes.I also want a remake of the dune sea(or put as it was BF1)

7. anakinskywalkerhalo1

Jan 5, 2007
  8. anakinskywalkerhalo1

Jan 5, 2007
    I'm also hoping for Palpatine to be in here.:)

9. 694377

694377 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 24, 2006
    I'm actually looking forward to everything on it, also, i watched something on IGN.com on RenegadeSquadron's blog thing on it where it showed gameplay from it, and IG-88 was holding 2 blasters at once, so i'm thinking that Jango will have both of his blasters this time!;):D

Also, i've seen the trailer and right now, all i want to do is fly a Slave 1, B-Wing and a TIE Defender:p

10. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    First thoughts on this thread itself. Wow, so much negativity towards the PSP. I love the system myself, and tbh couldn't care less about what anyone else thinks of the system, but I hope I can discuss it here with people who actually appreciate the system and want to discuss it positively because we are actually interested in it, rather than with people bashing it who won't actually buy it. You don't like it that's fine, I think PSP fans get that. Move along lol. It's not meant to be PS3 or a 360, but it's still amazing for the size of the thing compared to the chunky consoles.

The game: I got a little peep at this at CE, it does look good :D And yes, it's more or less SW BF2 but done better than the earlier PSP version. But what makes this game now is the multiplayer mode along with the character skins. It's going to be fun to play on the PSP with other people who appreciate the PSP for what it is (and try and compare it with systems that are obviously out of it's range). Killzone Liberation, Medal of Honor and both SOCOMs are not bad online multiplayers on PSP - and they run very smoothly. I have a good feeling about SW Battlefront Renegade Squadron.

Anyone on those other games feels like adding me, my PSP username 'tis the same as on here ;)

11. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    I had been thinking about getting a PSP, and the Star Wars Pack was the final kick that I needed. I plan on getting it the day it comes out because the game sounds great and the PSP is a system perfect for my needs. And for those still thinking that this game will suck, it also has:

-Heroes in space: The Slave I, the Millenium Falcon, and Vader's TIE Advanced, plus new basic ships
    -New heroes: Kit Fisto, Asajj Ventress, Ben Kenobi, and IG-88
    -New maps: Korriban, re-done Hoth, and probably others
    -Character custom: NO MORE CLASSES! You are always your customized character, as is everyone else (even AIs), so no one looks exactly the same, giving the game a more life-like effect.

12. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    Is there no hype for the game here? I can't wait for it!

13. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    I'm definitely looking into getting the SW PSP. I only wish though I could've been able to get that Han Solo carbonite padding special that the PSN store was giving away in Cali. I just need to make sure I save up that pretty penny for it. I don't think I can ever ignore the chance to have a lamenated Vader PSP. :D

The game certainly looks fun. Haven't played a Battlefront in a long while.

14. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    You can also get the Han Solo case by pre-ordering the game at Gamestop... though the point is kind of killed if you're getting the bundle. A friend of mine reserved the game, and already having a PSP case, he gave me his Han Solo one for when I get my PSP! I'm looking at it right now.

Also, since hands get a bit sweaty during gameplay... do you think that it's possible that Vader might rub off of the PSP's back?

15. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    The game is AWESOME!!!!! And the mini-doc that came with it about The Force Unleashed is great!

16. MetalGearJ

MetalGearJ Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2005
    Actually, the Slim and Lite version suprised me with its weight and the way the back was done:p But to answer your question, no, it wont rub off. its feels like if they put a thick clear coat over the silk screen so that wouldnt happen. I am currenty enjoying all the stuff i got today :) White Vader PSP, Renegade Squadron, and the Han Solo Case :)

The game plays a lot easier than the BF2 PSP game. its easier to pick up and play...and the way you can customize your guy and how you can change his skills and weapons within the limit is fun and challenging, and making new characters is just as fun. As of this moment, im really enjying how this game is going so far...

17. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    I'm loving this game!

18. MetalGearJ

MetalGearJ Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2005
    man, i have won this game twice on both glactic conquest and the storyline, and on both normal and elite. Too, i have all the metals besides super slicer and couquerer supreme. so yea, ive been playing this game every time ive powered up my darth vader psp! btw, anyonw know how to get the super slicer medals?

19. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    This game actually isn't too bad, the only problems I have with it are the controls for some of the heroes, and my thumb getting cramped from using the stupid control stick. :p

Evil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.