main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battles of Naboo, Coruscant, and Geonosis: Which one is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Strilo , Dec 5, 2005.

?

Battles of Naboo, Coruscant, and Geonosis: Which one is your favorite?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Naboo

4.7%
  2. Coruscant

52.6%
  3. Geonosis

39.9%
  4. Other

2.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Commander5052 posted: "The Prequel films followed in the vein of the OT by having massive battles being the centerpieces of the films. The three, IMHO, are the Droid Army vs. the Gungans/Padmé's squad. N-1 squadrons, the Clone Army's debut on Geonosis, and the Separatist raid on Coruscant. Which one is your favorite?"

2. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    I've always loved space battles, so I picked Coruscant. The massive scale and the new (Trade Federation Cruisers) as well as 'familiar' (Venator-class Star Destroyers, ARC-170 fighters, V-wings, Jedi starfighters-al precedents for OT designs) ships were fantastic. I especially love the shots of broadside fighting between the Invisible Hand and a Venator.

3. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    The Battle of Geonosis is my favorite action sequence in any film, not just Star Wars. It's so massive. I consider it to be from the arena battle through the Jedi rescue attempt to the clone attack on the planet to the lightsaber duels in the hangar. I feel it is a great way to give the audience a glimpse of the Clone Wars and many of the key players in it. I really enjoy seeing all my favorite characters in action at the same time. Jango's death scene makes Boba's slightly less objectionable to me (with each dying essentially because of jetpack malfunctions). The lightsaber duels, I feel, have been substantially improved in quality because of ROTS. The Obi-Wan and Anakin vs. Dooku doubleheader, so to speak, works very well. Even though they aren't as visually exciting to me as Duel of the Fates, The Duel, or Yoda vs. Sidious, I love the lighting effects used in Anakin's portion of the fight, not to mention the fact that he begins his transformation into being more machine than man here, and gets his first taste of Sith lightning. I also like his brief double saber bit, despite the poor editing around it. The Yoda duel was great to see for the first time and now serves as a nice teaser for all the action he gets into in ROTS. This is also Christopher Lee's best sequence in all the films, in my opinion.

4. Fox4

Fox4 Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    Coruscant, ground and space, both of them rocked.

5. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    For some reason don't ask me why, I liked the battle of Kashyyk, it was only like 2 minutes but it just had certain feel to it that, I feel every other battle did'nt have. Again don't ask me why. Corusant would have to be a close second, and I was'nt to fond of the Geonosis battle.

Emporer Gerner Dark Lord of the Sith

6. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Aceedintly picked "other" oops.

Let be known there was no battle of Couriscant. Or, more accuratly, we didn't see it. No eb and flow. Not even an end. (Serisouly, there was fighting while the ship landed, but it was over next secene.)Huge dissapointment.

Loved Geonosis. Gunships kick ass. SBDs acting cool. Massive battle. plus, I loved the part where they were fighting in the dust cloud. Best ground battle in Star Wars. Only Yavin and Endor beat it.

7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Coruscant was awesome. The war drums, the deep, deep visuals as you look down through all the layers of spacecraft right down to the Coruscant surface. And all of it leading to a kickass lightsaber duel.

8. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    I picked Geonosis, because the gunships rock.

9. Wester547

Wester547 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    Why isn't their Kashyyyk listed in the poll here? Or Mygeeto?

Coruscant takes the cake for me.

10. battlewars

battlewars Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    i was underwhelmed by all of them, although i do remember liking geonosis at the time, not anymore however

11. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

I do like the Anakin/Obi-Wan stuff in the Coruscant battle, but considering I barely knew who was fighting who and that it really didn't matter, I preferred te Geonosis fight. Lot of differnet new stuff cruising around. Massive amounts of jedi. FIrst shot of Clonetroopers in action, good stuff.

Carnage

12. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    Let be known there was no battle of Couriscant. Or, more accuratly, we didn't see it. No eb and flow. Not even an end. (Serisouly, there was fighting while the ship landed, but it was over next secene.)Huge dissapointment.

The "Battle of Coruscant" is not like the other typical SW battles. It is a rescue mission in the midst of a battle. The sole motivator of the action was Grievous's capture of Palpatine, and the film narrates the Negotiatior and the Hero With No Fear's rescue of him.

I think it can be safely assumed that after the crashlanding of the Invisible Hand, the Separatists fleet ran away. Fast. The opening crawl even says that they are fleeing.

Sometimes, story is more important than random clips of battle. In fact, it always is.

13. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Lucas was purposely not trying to out-do the ROTJ Endor battle, nor the ANH/Yavin battle, for that matter.

Given that he wanted people to watch the Saga I-VI, he had to save some of the great action sequences in the OT.

I voted Coruscant because I too love the space battles, but I thought Geonosis was a great introduction to the Clone Wars, and certainly something most of us (at least I wasn't) expecting.

Though the Clonetroopers sometimes looked a little too CGI, some shots, such as the dust cloud one, were absolutely brilliant.

14. Crazy_Old_Kermit

Crazy_Old_Kermit Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    "Why isn't their Kashyyyk listed in the poll here? Or Mygeeto?"

I'd have to say because they really aren't battles that were that pivotal to the storyline. As grand and fantastic as they were I'd say the Battle of Coruscant represented ROTS. It's sorta like "what's your favorite lightsaber duel?" Well, do you count Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Yoda individually with Count Dooku or is it all one fight? Or is Qui-Gon vs. Darth Maul on Tatooine in the running with the end duel?

Anyways, I'd have to say my favorite battle is Geonosis. That is because of its grand scale. The most explosions and action out of any of the battles.

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but the second the opening scroll ends in ROTS and you hear that drum beat, I get some of the biggest chills of my life. Then as the camera pulls down and we follow the starfighters into battle with the Force theme playing. I'm going on the record as that being one of my top ten favorite Star Wars moments. However, the opening space battle was pretty lame. Great graphics, but wish we saw more dogfighting.

This list pretty much seems based on how much action a battle contains. However, I'm thinking not only about the fighting but about the dueling, if there is any and any other side battle.

1) Geonosis
    2) Endor
    3) Yavin
    4) Naboo
    5) Coruscant
    6) Hoth

15. Astral_Bug

Astral_Bug Jedi Master star 1

Sep 19, 2005
    Geonosis; I prefer ground battles to space dog-fights

liked them gunships and AT-TE-s, irrc.

16. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005
    This is quite true. RoTJ space battle is still the defining space battle moment of the Saga, in my mind. It's just awesome. It's not just a small group of snub fighters. It's the Rebellions whole damn fleet. When I saw the first Mon Calamari Cruiser go down, I thought "Oh crap, this is bad."

Carnage

17. PrinceHector

PrinceHector Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    Coruscant gets my vote. Naboo was dreadful - it was rampant with Jar Jar Binks, and Anakin destroying Gunray's Ship? Eurck.. no thank you. [face_beatup]. After the arena are over, Geonosis loses its impact, the rest of the battle is little more than following the ship over. And I didn't really like the lightsaber duel there either.

Coruscant is much better. The spacebattle is excellant, and the lightsaber duel is as well.

18. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    It was hard, but I picked Geonosis.
    Geonosis had time to see little side skirmishes which was pretty neat.
    Coruscant really had to cut to the chase (and a thrilling 'chase' it was to cut to!)
    Geonosis would've gotten even more points however, if we saw some classic TF craft in the jubilee like the tanks.

19. darth-amedda

darth-amedda Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2003
    Geonosis all the way (and I mean the whole sequence - from Arena Jedi rescue mission to the Dooku chase). No contest for that. It's my favourite battle from all 6 episodes. I love every shot of it. Only wish it had been a little longer.

20. Evil-Anakin

Evil-Anakin Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2005
    Geonosis

21. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Coruscant, Naboo, Geonosis.

I think the reason I didn't like Geonosis so much was that by the time I had watched AOTC, I'd already spoiled myself with watching so many trailers that the whole movie was just trailer scene after trailer scene with little fills-in's in between >_<

Which is why I kept myself more spoil-free for ROTS.

22. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, I remember seeing the shot of the Jedi making a circle in the arena and started freaking out.

In retrospect, that shot is probably one of the defining shots of the entire Saga.

23. Darth_Watermelon

Darth_Watermelon Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
    geonosis was cool but it was nothing compared to the corusant battle.
    the naboo battle doesn't even come close

24. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I went for Geonosis. That whole batte was astonishing in it's size and scale - Really we don't have another battle like it in Star Wars.

25. Darth_Watermelon

Darth_Watermelon Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
    the corusant battle was way bigger than the geonosis one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.