Battlestar Apocalypse: The Battle Begins Pt1 (Cinema4d)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Thunderstruck2012, May 30, 2014.

Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. Thunderstruck2012 Jedi Master

star 1
    Hello.

I have finally done a Battle with big ships. And also made a few shots I have been wanting to try and make for 4 years. The ship explosions came out I think pretty good,considering it truly is my first attempt with these models.Actually my first real attempt period.
    Over 1000 Hours of Effort,Patience, and Rendering.
    (Not Incl. the Modelers Time & Effort)

I wished I knew more, wished I could do it Hollywood, wished I could make it a badass short.
    But, wishful thinking is just that!. So, I present the best that I can make at present.

Well, How does the Viper Cockpit Dash look?

Improved I think.

Am thinking of ending this here and call it part 1.

Still needs some touch ups here and there.

Battlestar Apocalypse: The Battle Begins

The final shot (BS Multi-Explos) had base ship material issues and did not understand why.
    Same setup I used in most other scenes. That Shot took 3 days and final render
    was over 25 hours. It had to be rendered from Beg to End to get Particles to work right on
    the broken Mesh. So, I learned the hard way that I could not start over at any frame.

Regards,

Randal R.
    Last edited by Thunderstruck2012, May 30, 2014
    markdeez likes this.
  2. markdeez Force Ghost

star 3
    Good work, Randal. Fine work, indeed!!
  3. Thunderstruck2012 Jedi Master

star 1
    Thanks very much, may as well update this thread, as this is still a wip.

Still could not get a a good result using an outside texture on the Text Caps.
    This is a particle effect I want to keep. Rdrs clip changed the Luminosity and Glow of the Rnds.
    The size of the flares and also the flare parameters.

Doubled All emitters particle output.Removed the steam particles.

Added attachment: C4d Render of Cylon Head. To compare with same footage in clip.
    2nd Attachment. The Material Editor where I can change or Animate anything in the layers of the Caps.
    In this one I have 2 different textures I was experimenting with.

Updated Clips for Video.

And an example of what I have rendered in C4d, and what ends up after Sony MP4 render and then Upload compression.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Last edited by Thunderstruck2012, Jun 3, 2014
  4. Thunderstruck2012 Jedi Master

star 1
    New Clip Updates for Part 1 Battlestar Apocalypse: The Battle Begins

Vipers clip re shot to include refocus on Battlestar, was 2 clips is now one.
    Fixed the Viper cockpit structure canopy.Removed Light source causing fog reflection in canopy on right side.
    Re lit Sequence due to upload compression and Sony MP4 rendering.

Improved the Raider Thrusters in both clips.Added another Light with flare on thrstrs.Re-do of the Flame Text Cap material and tried to make it as fluid as I can with TP Pyros.Tried to remove much of the Gold look.Cockpit Canopy textured as best I think I can get it. Also scaled up and brightened the flashes slightly (20%). Relit Battlestar Broadside with its own light.Cant hardly tell with upload.
    and many other lil tweaks.

Regards,

Randal R.
  5. Thunderstruck2012 Jedi Master

star 1
    Full Length Update Video... Last Chance to comment on Pt 1 of Battlestar Apocalypse:The Battle Begins

Regards,

Randal R.
Moderators: AdamBertocci