main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Battlestar Galactica:2003] Second Star to the Right - UDC VI - Week 7 up 9/24

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Master_Jaina1011, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Title: Second Star to the Right
    Author: Master_Jaina1011
    Characters: All of them, and I mean all of them including all the cylon models. Though there will be a heavy emphasis on Starbuck/Apollo aka Kara Thrace/Lee Adama.
    Summary: Fifty thousand survivors of the human race, on the run. Or should you say on a search for a new home called Earth. This is Battlestar Galactica in a hundred words. Otherwise known at the Drabble challenge.

Disclaimer: Whatever I may think, these characters are definitely not mine. If they were then I wouldn't be afraid to watch Season 4 and Lee and Kara would be together. Or Lee would be mine. Either way, I do not own them and am just playing with them.[/i]

Author's Note: Well looky here. I have been sucked into yet another science fiction fandom. You see, Netflix is to blame for this. Really it is. Here's the thing, this show is one of the best out there. The characters, oh the characters. They are my favorite part of the show. They are so raw, so real and I just fell in love with them. From the time I saw the interaction with Starbuck (Lt. Kara Thrace) and Apollo (Captain Lee Adama), I fell in love with this ship. Maybe it was the chemistry between Katee Sackhoff and Jamie Bamber, but let me tell you this is one couple that I will not budge on. So yes, there will an huge emphasis on their relationship. So I hope I do these complex, real characters justice.

Theater One: Scene 1, Take 1!

Lights!

The minute they saw the stars lining the sky in the Tomb of Athena, the occupants stood in awe. The lights, the stars, this was going to lead them to Earth. To a new home. A new hope.

?It?s the twelve colonies,? Roslin breathed, the rest of the group breathing in the air. Somehow the Arrow of Apollo transported them to this paradise, much like the home they were used to.

Starbuck pointed to each constellation. ?Aries. Taurus. Pisces. Gemini. Cancer. Leo. Virgo. Libra.?

?Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn. Aquarius.? Apollo finished. ?Our colonies, our homes.?

?The way to our new home.?

Camera!

Many of the pilots resented the camera in their faces because they were invading their home, their downtime. Yet it gave them an opportunity to prove to the civilians in the rest of the fleet what they fought for each day.

Not just for them, but the forty thousand other people around. The sole survivors of the human race.

Though she was a cylon, D?Anna Briers, respected the camaraderie amongst the military, more so amongst the pilots. She guessed this was the start of her questioning their plan.

Why wipe out a race that could thrive on hope? On love?

Action!

Kara was bored out of her mind. Her body, her soul thrived on the action day after day. Why was it she decided to settle on New Caprica again?

Right, she married Sam Anders and wanted to have a try at a normal life.

Lords, she hated normal. Normal meant wandering around the camp, looking for work. Building for others. Not that it wasn?t rewarding but it wasn?t what she was bred to do.

The woman known as Starbuck looked to stars and wished she was up there, flying her viper, bickering with Lee.

Boredom could wait.

Flying could not.

Roll!

Lee Adama could usually roll with the punches. Whenever something was thrown at him, he took it and ran with it. However, seeing Kara with Anders hit him in a place he never thought he had.

After their night of whatever it was, she turned around and do this to him. Lee Adama was no coward, but the hits just kept coming. The fact his father, his own father was happy about Kara?s marriage cut even deeper.

He shook Sam?s hand, and told him he needed good luck to deal with the woman known as Kara Thrace.

And he ran.

Shoot!

Commander Adama watched and listened to Starbuck and what was left of the viper squadron take out the cylon raiders. Her bravado was laced with worry, and then fear as Apollo?s viper was taken out. He prayed to the gods that they would spare his son silently.

?The res

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent set. Kara's choice seems to be bittersweet even to her. [face_thinking]

Oh, I do like Starbuck, even the name. :D

And Adama is the tops!

:)

3. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    BSG is by far one of my favorite shows.
    I absolutely agree that the characters make this show so frickin' awesome. Baltar is my favorite. :cool: The man is just pure awesomeness. Even though he comes over as a coward most of the time. But he's not. He's wicked and cunning and just...cool. [face_laugh]

Great sets you have here.
    Keep them coming.

[face_peace]

4. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    Many of the pilots resented the camera in their faces because they were invading their home, their downtime.

And if only you knew it was a Cylon ploy. Boy, you?d be really mad then!

Why wipe out a race that could thrive on hope? On love?

Because that has been the way it has always been. At least, that?s the real reason.

Kara was bored out of her mind. Her body, her soul thrived on the action day after day.

Can?t keep a flygirl down!

Why was it she decided to settle on New Caprica again?

Closer proximity to your partner in the carnal arts. IfyaknowwhatImean :D

Lords, she hated normal.

My stars. This really describes Starbuck PERFECTLY.

Boredom could wait.

Flying could not.

You?re like a rolling stone, Kara. Never gonna settle down.

Lee Adama could usually roll with the punches.

Or, at least, absorb them.

However, seeing Kara with Anders hit him in a place he never thought he had.

Jealous much, flyboy? :p

After their night of whatever it was

?Whatever it was? is probably the right way to describe that night :D

The fact his father, his own father was happy about Kara?s marriage cut even deeper.

Oh man. Do I EVER have theories about this.

He shook Sam?s hand, and told him he needed good luck to deal with the woman known as Kara Thrace.

And he ran.

Poor guy :(

Her bravado was laced with worry, and then fear as Apollo?s viper was taken out. He prayed to the gods that they would spare his son silently.

I can?t imagine the anxiety Bill faced, watching his son and surrogate daughter rush out to fly so often.

Wonderful set of drabbles. These characters are ripe for stuff like this :D

5. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Jade: I love Starbuck. She is by far one of my favorite characters.

Ceil: I so love BSG. the characters, the plot everything. And Gaius... oh Gaius. Somedays I wanna punch him and other days hug him. You'll enjoy one of the drabbles then.

Lane: Thanks! I figured you'd enjoy it! And Starbuck = one of my favorite characters ever!

A/N: I have mentioned how much I love Starbuck/Apollo, Kara/Lee? Well most of these are dedicated to them as friends, and as a ship!

Theater Two: Genre No!

Adventure

?Daddy, Daddy! Tell me a story,? Hera asked, jumping up and down on her bed. Helo smiled, sitting next to her.

?Well, what kind of story do you wanna hear??

His daughter smiled. ?An adventure!?

?Let me think of a good one?? Helo replied, tickling his daughter, making her giggle in happiness. He looked and saw Sharon standing at the entrance to their quarters, smiling gently.

His best friend was gone. This was all he had left. Placing a kiss on her forehead, he settled her down next to him.

?This story is about the adventures of Starbuck and Apollo??

Romance

It was a doomed romance from the start. Starbuck and Apollo. Lee and Kara.

Two separate entities, yet one. They were separate people, yet working together they were one. Whether it was flying, or covering each other backs. They were one.

Kara knew it from day one that she met one Lee Adama. From the moment she answered the door, she was no longer Starbuck, the pilot who beat all of Apollo?s records, she was Kara.

Lee wasn?t Apollo when she opened the door. He wasn?t the son of Bill Adama, the revered Commander.

He was Lee. She was Kara.

Science

Gauis Baltar was a farmer?s kid. He grew up on a farm, yet this wasn?t what he wanted to do. So when he got the chance, he fled, studied science. Made himself into a cunning scientist that fell in love with a cylon.

He thought he was brilliant. Other people thought he was brilliant. But she, she saw deeper into his soul than anyone else.

Then she betrayed him. Or maybe it was he who betrayed what was left of the human race. He had yet to figure that out.

Either way, science was his way of survival or death.

Fiction

The minute they stepped onto the poisoned soil, Laura Roslin lost all faith. Her faith in the scriptures, in destiny.

What she read, what other people told her was all fiction. How else would you describe it? It was all wrong. They were supposed to find paradise. Both cylons and humans together.

Rubbing the soil, tears fell from her eyes. She would never get to see the fresh soil again. Feel real sunlight on her face, on her skin. She picked up the one living thing, holding onto it.

A hand grabbed hers, squeezing it gently. There was still hope.

Comedy

The pilots could hear the peals of laughter from within in the brig. Shaking their heads, they walked past their CAG and D-CAG, sitting on the floor, laughing. To them it was the comedy of the situation, on how they both ended up there in the first place.

Starbuck leaned against the post, hitting Apollo with her shoulder. ?Now that was fun.? Two bottles of ambrosia and several shot of whiskey later, Apollo and Starbuck were in the brig together.

?That it was, Kara.? The Commander was going to kill them.

?Apollo, I think I?m a bad influence on you.?

And more to come soon!

6. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Theater Three: Simply the Best!

Wings

The minute those Viper wings were pinned on him, Lee felt proud. For the first time in his life, something felt right. In a cockpit he felt something that no one could ever give him. Freedom.

The day Kara?s Viper wings were pinned on her, she felt relief. For the first time in her life, this felt right. She was a natural pilot, something no one has ever seen before.

Though when Zak got his wings, both of them cringed. Zak Adama was meant for something else, not flying Vipers.

The day he crashed and died, that?s when they knew.

Unforgiven

Standing at the funeral, next to his mother, Lee Adama grieved for his brother. Because of his father, Zak went into flight school. Because of his father, his brother, his little brother was dead.

He met Kara?s eyes across the way, trying to figure out how she could stand there and comfort the man that brought so much pain to their lives.

Lee Adama went away the next day to the Atlantia, while he heard Kara went to the Galactica with his father. His father was unforgiven in his eyes.

He still loved his father, he just hadn?t forgiven him.

Rocky

Galen Tyrol was drawn to the rocky terrain. Something compelled him to walk up the mountain on the algae planet. It was like the land was speaking to him.

When he stepped into the temple, it was like finding something that was missing. Touching the walls, he smiled. This place, it meant something. He just didn?t know what it was.

He worked so hard to figure out how this related to the path to earth. Galen saw the mandela, and he knew somehow that was what they were looking for.

Cylons wanted this, and he made sure they wouldn?t either.

Titanic

Finding poisoned Earth was just the tip of the iceberg for Felix Gaeta. He had lost his leg for what? To find Earth uninhabitable?

This was a joke and sooner or later that iceberg was going to rip Galactica in pieces.

This fleet was sinking and Gaeta had to do something about. So he turned to the one person he knew who could help bring order to the chaos.

Tom Zarek.

Roslin was cracking at the seams and both Adamas were in favor of allying themselves with the same race that tried to annihilate them.

Rubbing his leg, he smiled.

Crash

For the Adama men, Lee and Bill, seeing Kara crash on the gassy planet before them brought forth memories they didn?t want.

The death of Zak and the consequences afterward. It brought forth emotions for both men of extreme loss and the possibility of losing the only link they had left to Zak.

They searched for days, hoping for some kind of sign that Starbuck survived. If anyone could survive, it would be the one and only Kara Thrace. Lee even considered kissing her senseless if they found her.

Searching one last time, he saw it. Starbuck. Everything was alright.

Hope you enjoyed!

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Romance -- :D Sweet.

Fiction -- :( !!!!!!

Wings -- wonderful and bittersweet.

Unforgiven -- :_| Bless Kara for being able to empathize and not blame. [face_thinking]

8. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    These are really great drabbles, MJ. I'm glad you got the Battlestar muse, even if I don't care for Kara. ;)

9. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Thanks, Deb and Nanci!

So this week is a bit of an AU. I think this is going to play in a long fic I will be starting once I am done with my ST fic. So I hope you enjoy.

Theater Four: Would You Like to Play a Game?!

16. Clue

?You really had no clue did you?? Laura asked Bill, shielding her eyes with her arms.

?You mean about Lee and Kara?? she glared at him and he smiled slightly.

?I had my suspicions.?

?What about you going to do about it? The way they are fighting isn?t helping the fleet. Or your pilots for that matter.?

Bill contemplated for a second and looked straight at her. ?How you do feel about shutting them in a supply closet for a few hours??

?A few hours??

Bill remained silent for minutes before replying.

?I am going to need Helo, Racetrack, marines??

17. Operation

Helo sat back on the chair in the pilot ready room, his eyebrow rising in question. The Admiral has absolutely no idea what this operation entailed.

?Permission to speak freely?? Racetrack said, her shoulder straightening.

?Permission granted Lieutenant.?

?This is insane. There?s no way this is possibly going to work without someone getting killed or seriously injured.?

?Your opinion is noted, Racetrack, however both you and the Agathons have noticed the tension on this ship.?

Her shoulder slumped in resignation. However it was not her piloting them to Colonial One.

It was him and his wife doing the dirty work.

18. Life

Sharon Agathon was risking her life for this operation. Starbuck had threatened to shoot her once. What makes this any different?

Glancing at Mathis, whose face was glittering with suppressed mirth and sighed. The two women were supposed to lure Kara from the rec room to the hangar bay without rousing suspicion.

Good thing that Racetrack thought of including the other pilots in the plan. Helo and Kat were supposedly dragging Lee to the raptor.

?Look who decided to join the party,? Kara yelled.

?Actually, Captain, Chief needs you in the hangar bay.?

Yes, her husband owed her big time.

19. Sorry

Sitting in a raptor, handcuffed and tied to one Lee Adama, Starbuck made a mental to kill whoever decided to kidnap them. This included one of her oldest friends and his wife. She knew could only injure one of them because then Hera would have to live alone.

Smirking, she struggled against the restraints to annoy the man sitting beside her, who only glared at her. Trying to put space between her and her lover, she looked at the pilots.

?You?re going to be sorry you did this, Helo.?

?You?re going to thank me one day.?

?Over my dead body.?

20. Risk

Apparently their so called friends had risked their lives, not only to plan this operation, but to make sure they didn?t escape.

Kara and Lee were simply told to fix their problems or they would be stuck in here together for days.

Yet they were too stubborn to admit to themselves they needed each other. Without the deep friendship and love, tensions had grown and so had their tempers.

?Kara??
    ?Lee??

They looked at each other smiling.

?we are good. Everyone fell for it.?

?We need to be mad at each other more often.?

Operation Alone Time was a success.

10. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] Perfect!!!!

11. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Thanks Nanci!

Theater Five: No One Under 65 Admitted!

21. Rated

Lee Adama glanced at the sim times before him critically. He was supposed to be the number one rated pilot in the Academy. This could not be happening.

?Lee?? his brother asked, probably wondering why he had grown so quiet. Even his instructors refused to tell him exactly who this ?Starbuck? was. Gritting his teeth he was determined to figure out who managed to steal the top spot.

According the manifest in his hand, this pilot was the most natural pilot anyone had ever seen. Lee wondered what it would be like to fly their wing.

?Zak, who is Starbuck??

22. Guidance

They were supposed to look at Cavil for guidance. He was their leader; he was the one who can up with the plan in the first place. Yet the Twos, Sixes and Eights felt that he was wrong. They could have peace with the very people they tried to destroy.

When the one Six met the other Model One in the forest she had hope that maybe he changed his mind. Leoben questioned Cavil?s tactics, which were obviously failing. They had underestimated the humans.

They underestimated their sleeper agents. They hadn?t expected this. It was time to turn the tide.

23. Suggested

Helo had suggested that this Sharon, this cylon was on their side. Actually it was more like a confession. Something Kara thought she would never hear from her dear friend. Waving that gun in her face caused Helo to hold her back.

The unspoken language between them was enough for Starbuck to trust him-for now. Relenting, she sighed and looked into the obviously tired eyes of a man she thought dead. Deep down, beneath all the brokenness, she knew that he had been returned to her.

?What brings you here??

?It?s obvious. Lee Adama was driving me up the wall.?

24. Caution

?I think they need to put a sign on here that says ?Proceed with Caution.? Kat groaned,
    leaning against the ladder. ?I just handed her my checklists and she blew up in my face.?

HotDog rolled his eyes. ?She?s not the only one. I guess having a pregnant hormonal Starbuck can even drive the unflappable Apollo mad.?

?He was the one who got her pregnant in the first place. I just thought she would take it out on him.?

?She can?t fly. What do you expect??

?I hope you two are not talking about me because if you are??

?Frak.?

25. Restricted

?You know that this is restricted and that is we get caught, we could be sentenced to death for treason?? Gaius asked, watching as long, slender arms wrapped around his neck and a voice purred back.

?Gaius, you know you are curious about how they are implementing your viper programs.? He shuddered, trying to drown out the other sensation she was doing to him. The government had entrusted him, Dr. Gaius Baltar with top secret clearance and information.

Yet he was more than ready to throw it her way and let her look at it.

What harm could be done?

Ahhh.... more to come soon!

12. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Theater Six: Adult Themes!

26. Sex

Frak or Fight.

Fight to the plane of exhaustion or use her body to forget about anything and everything.

That is exactly what was ingrained on Kara?s mind from the time she left home. She was never good enough or if it was- she constantly screwed it up.

She was too broken to keep healthy relationships. This is why she never let anyone close to her. She was only bound to hurt them. Maybe she was afraid they would get past the barriers she set up.

Lee was insistent on breaking down those walls.

She refused to let him in.

27. Graphic

The scene before Starbuck was more graphic that anything she had ever seen, including shooting the Olympic Carrier. Before her were helpless women, being tortured because they could carry children.

This was the only reason the cylons allowed them to live. So those toasters could reproduce. They even experimented on her, keeping her drugged.

Too bad she had to kill one of them.

Come to think of it, part of her was took pride in the fact she did so, after seeing the poor women before her.

She shuddered thinking that it could be her on those tables, helpless. Alone.

28. Violence

Lee rarely resorted to violence. His emotions were always tightly controlled, coiled inside of him waiting to be released.

The first time his temper reared its ugly face was when his father finally left. He fought with his father until the morning, when his anger finally ran out.

The second was the morning after he found out about Kara and Baltar. It was really his temper that struck her but his jealousy.

Then came New Caprica and his anger at Kara leaving him turned the violence into gluttony.

Standing the ring, boxing gloves on, heart on the mend, he fought.

29. Language

Commander William Adama was immensely surprised at the language heard around his ship when he first took command.

Now his crewman, pilots even his bridge crew and senior officers used the word ?Frak? in every other word. His XO was the one who loved to use it when he got mad, and his hotshot troublesome pilot was another whose language was filthy.

Yet he didn?t care. Soon enough, the word crept into his vocabulary and he was using it on a daily basis. The first time Lee heard him use ?Frak,? he nearly burst out laughing.

?Frak, that was funny!?

30. Drugs

Louanne Katraine was a known drug runner in the twelve colonies. She was in deep and when the attacks came, she bounded onto a ship and took an identity to start anew.

Then she met once Lieutenant Kara ?Starbuck? Thrace and Kat immediately knew she was in trouble. This woman was exactly like her. Tough as nails and the biggest hotshot pilot of them all.

She was determined to get away from the drugs.

Until she couldn?t take it anymore and got addicted to stims. She botched a landing and was placed in the infirmary, a camera in her face.

13. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    So, I sat down and read these because its been too long since I read more of your work, and I decided that it didn't matter that I know nothing about the fandom in question. :p

As always, you have a great sense of character and emotion - I particularly like your drabbles featuring Kara and Lee - Starbuck, but what a perfect name, even if nothing else is known! [face_laugh]

In this last set, Graphic was the best, in my opinion. What a chilling sight! :(

Well done! =D=

~MJ @};-

14. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Seriously Mira, you need to watch BSG. It is amazing! There is enough hotness in this show than in any other.

Theater Seven: It's Not a Remake, It's a Reimagining!

You Had Me at "Helo"

UDC I ? Week 9

31. agony

Pain was not new to Karl ?Helo? Agathon. He grew up in a house full of women, and in school he had to learn how to defend himself because he was the youngest. When he graduated, he went straight in the military, learning how to fly and fight.

He then met one Kara Thrace, who managed to get into more trouble than anyone else he knew. He knew pain when he learned his father died. But this, knowing for a fact that he might not make it in time to save Sharon. This was more than pain.

This was agony.

UDC II ? Week 4
    32. Fighter

Staring down the petite blonde in front of him, he blocked the incoming punch and continuing prancing around his best friend.

?Why don?t you fight for her??

Helo shook his head, aiming his fist at her head only to find air. ?Fight for who??

?Don?t play dumb, Karl. I know you and you like Boomer.?

?I have to like her, Kara. She?s my pilot. We have to work together.?

?And work together you do well. Aren?t you jealous in the least??

?Of the Chief. Not at all. I?m fine being Boomer?s ECO, Kara. That is all I feel for her.?

UDC III ? Week 15
    33. Bitter

Sitting in the dense jungle of what was left of Caprica, Helo didn?t feel one bit bitter against giving up his seat. If it meant someone else would live, then so be it. He wasn?t that special anyway.

However, sometimes he did regret it. He thought he would die, but he was still alive and on the run. What was scary was the cylons now looked like humans.

The rain poured down on him, water running down his face. He leaned his head against the tree, wishing to the gods to save him.

Then he saw her. He was saved.

UDC IV ? Week 13
    61. Hold Back the Darkness

It was the end of humanity as they knew it. They were on the run and yet Kara noticed that Helo rarely let the darkness around them get to him. He was everyone?s solid ground, their go to man when things got tough.

However, at this moment, staring at the mother of his child- that darkness threatened to overcome him. That fatherly pride, the father in him knew what the President wanted was wrong. He would do anything to keep his child. No their child.

Standing there, staring at the Admiral, he would not push back that darkness and stared.

UDC V ? Week 20
    98. Blood

Helo watched as the woman he loved stared at the woman who dared take away their child. It turned out the gods were in their favor , because it was that very child who just saved Roslin?s life.

Clutching Sharon?s hand, he watched in shock as the red headed woman started seizing and then she awoke. The look passed between the enemies was one to be remembered.

He couldn?t help but hate the dying woman though. And the man he admired to the extreme. He wondered why Admiral Adama couldn?t understand. He was a father also. He knew that.

Right?

If you don't know who Helo is, look up Tahmoh Penikett. He is pretty. Oh so pretty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.