main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Battlestar Galactica 2005 discussion thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Ulkesh2, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    HOT NEWS !!!

Season 2.0 will be in stores by December! The first 10 episodes of BG second season will be on DVD in December! The second half of the second season will be called Season 2.1. That will probably be released early summer 2006. The Season 2.0 will be three discs long. YIPPEEEEEEE !!!

2. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    THIS IS ONLY A THEORY (but a really good one me thinks).

The long lost Thirteenth Colony (or Tribe) was settled by the exiled Cylons after their rebellion against their Human masters. So if and when the Galactica and the civilian fleet arrive they will find themselves at the heart of the Cylon regime. BUT most likely by that point a faction of Humans and a faction of Cylons will have created a mutual survival pact(suggested by the Sharon and child sub-plot). You see they will have come to the realization that a bigger conflict is brewing. A fight between the revised 'Ship of Lights' and the 'Iblis' thing (appears to Baltar as Six). Yes a SECOND 'War in Heaven' is afoot and both Humans and Cylons are mere pawns. The Earth is the future home of the Humans, Cylons, and the hybrid children. IF that is they can make the correct choices in the current Human-Cylon War and the coming 'Ship of Lights'-'Iblis' War. Time will tell.

3. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    AGAIN ONLY A THEORY FOLKS...

Or instead the Earth is home to the crew of the revised 'Ship of Lights'. The 'Iblis' thing is using both Cylons and Humans to get want it wants. Revenge, Earth, and a faithful flock. It has at least a large portion if not nearly all of Cylon kind under it's influence. But it hopes to have the Humans too. Or if it can't have them it will destroy the Humans via their 'children' (Cylons). But the Humans will have help via the revised 'Ship of Lights' and it's crew of 'Angels'. Remember the 'Iblis' thing was an angel that fell after the FIRST 'War in Heaven'.

4. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    FUEL TO MY THEORITICAL FIRE...

OK revised BG fans I've received yet another bit of evidence to support my theory that Baltar's invisible Number 6 is the revised version of the 'Iblis' thing from the classic series! Science fiction author Jeffrey Carver has adapted the mini-series pilot into novel form. The book is to be released in December. Today Mr. Carver revealed the name of Baltar's Number 6. The name is...

NATASI (nuh-TAH-si)

OK does everyone see what I see in that name?

NATAS I

OK now turn that name around and look what we have...

I SATAN

OK it is obvious that Carver and Exec. Prod. Moore are pulling a REDRUM spelled backwards is MURDER. If you want to see this evidence go to galacticastation.

5. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    ANOTHER ANNOUNCEMENT...

Titan Books via Tor Publishing is doing a novelization of the revised BG mini-series. Then they plan on doing a series of prequel novels. These books will feature a younger Bill 'Husker' Adama and Saul Tigh. Sounds like these books will fill in background info on the FIRST Cylon War! YES...we'll read of the Colonial Fleet in action.

6. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I'm going to watch the first and second series and then I'm going to read this thread and then I'm going to HIT YOU Ulkesh :p

7. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Ah, but if you HIT me that only reveals your inner 'shadow' self. Restated you expose your wish to have my devotion to stay well informed on all things Galactica. Yet you can not devote your time to said show and thus jealosy in you awakens. My strengths are your weaknesses. Hmmm...does this mean you reflect MY 'shadow' self? Are your strengths my weaknesses? Do I have an active role in this juxtaposition? Or am I only the 'mirror'? I will have to review the film by which I've arrived at this bit of musing. That film being The Trial Of Billy Jack. Into the cave I must go...again (sigh).

8. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I think your on to something there Kesh,
    I do remember watching a red dressed 6, and thinking how that might be like the old red lucifer robot. However, you have been overlooking the most deliberate anagram so far:

STAR BUCK played by KATIE STACKOFF !

If you scramble the letters, than squint, then cross you eyes, it reads:

JAMMIES WILL YOU MARRY ME ? HUGS KATIE ! BFFO <----- (left over letters)

Even I found that one!

MTFBWY
    Jammies Stackoff

9. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    [face_laugh]

That is classic, Jammies. You win the Adam Payne Insult Award, or as it's commonly called, the Baldy.

10. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Saw the miniseries. Yeah, the cmdr is bluffing :p

11. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Hey BG fans I have a scoop...

As I stated in an earlier message a new line of BG novels based on the revised TV show are on the way. This line is to be kicked off with an adaption of the 2003 mini-series. That book is due out in December. Following that book is Battlestar Galactica: The Cylon's Secret by Robert Gardner Shaw. As I understand it this second book is a prequel to the revised 2003-06 show. A young William 'Husker' Adama and Paul Tigh are featured. Chances are this will be a detailed read about the FIRST Cylon War.

Oh and for those you can't wait for the full season set...

Remember in December a partial season 2 DVD set is to be released. I'm going to wait for the whole season 2 release late in 2006.

12. Edric-The-White

Edric-The-White Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2005
    I read about them coming out with a book series in the new ongoing magazine series. I actually looking forward to the toys....er...collectables.

Edric

13. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    You have BG magazine #2? What exactly does the article about the new line of BG novels say? Speak man! Speak!

14. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    Actually, I read about it in Toyfair.

I just rewatched the original Saga of the Star World, BTW, and was impressed with how that show still holds up fairly well and brings back some good memories.

Did any one catch, in the new series, references to the Schrolls of Pythia which state that this (the holocaust) has all happened before and will happen again. My interpretation is that this is the current show runners way of saying this is still in the original BG Universe but that the story keeps repeating itself. In essence, they could still have some type of follow up to the original and show how it ended for them.

Just a little food for thought.

Peace,

Edric

15. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Someone just me know when I can buy the Holloween: Reserection extended cut DVD. You know, the one with all the Katie Stackoff deleated scenes.

She told me it was coming out the last time she and I talked. And by talked, I mean the last time I glued a model kit without opening the windows.

Jammies
    MTFBWY

16. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Hey BG fans over at Galacticastation they have the early plans for BG Kubrik style action figures. We're talking classic BG. So they have a Galactican Warrior, Muffit II, and a Cylon Warrior. Kinda neat-O! :cool:

17. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    You know, I'd kinda like to see the muffit in the new show.
    Or as a side mention, as in:
    "Man, she really Fracked the Muffit on that bombing run."

Or maybe I don't.

18. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    "by your command..."

This is what Six said to the Sharon model aboard the Ragnor Space Station at the arse end of the miniseries. I assume that the Sharon model is higher up in the Cylon hierchy?

Ulkesh, any insight?

19. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Sorry you do not win what is behind door number 2.

:oops:

Well maybe a peek behind door number 2.

[face_money_eyes]

See it can be a bit complicated. (uh, oh one of my lecturings is coming)

[face_worried]

She may indeed be addressing the Six/Natasi/Gina clone in that sequence. Then again she might not be. And even if she was addressing the Six/Natasi/Gina clone-it is not what it appears to be. If my theory is ultimately correct that the Iblis entity has been revised then the "By your command" phrase is being said to it. For Iblis/Satan/etc. is the jealous god that the Cylons have been duped to worship. If Sharon was indeed addressing the Six/Natasi/Gina clone. Then Iblis/Satan has picked that moment to live as a Six/Natasi/Gina clone. But I think she was addressing the invisible presence of Iblis/Satan. That's why the camera pulls back to make them all look small. Now it could be that Sharon was under orders of just the non-possessed Six/Natasi/Gina clone and indeed she was just acknowledging the Six/Natasi/Gina clone as the one who gave the orders. Then a beat or two later that Six/Natasi/Gina clone genuflects to the invisible presence of the Iblis/Satan entity (Cylon god).

[face_devil]

20. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Man, I completely missed all of that, or have compltely forgotten it. I'm gonna have to save my pennies and get the 1st season stuff now.

21. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    What did Dr Baltar say about Sharon's baby in the preview for the next episode? I missed one word there, and they don't Closed Caption the bloody series :p

22. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    You are right about Baltar not being particularly clear in regards to that molecule symbology paper he's manipulating with his index and thumb digits of his right hand. I think he said genome (SIC?). But really not sure. If so he's most likely refering to something odd about the unborn's DNA. I mean it's not every day that a toaster-human hybrid drops into your frakkin lap.

Did anyone else get nostalgia gooseflesh during the attack on the 'resurrection ship'? I mean I love that wireless headphone tiny that reminds one of A New Hope's trench run. Chills baby chills. Did anyone else catch that off hand directive to a red squadron (or was it red flight) during the attack in Friday's episode?

23. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    Okay, so let me get this straight. If one commands more than one ship, he or she is an Admiral. So, why isn't Adama already an Admiral since he commands a whole bunch of ships?

Also, since Cain was being such a horse's patoot - why didn't President Roslin just promote Adama to "Fleet Admiral" and have Cain bumped down to deck hand?

Also, why was Cain an Admiral anyway? Adama probably could be her Dad!

Anyway, these are just some of the many plot holes that bugged me. All in all, I was not as happy with this episode as I was with the ones setting everything up.

Next week's looks cool, however.

Peace,

Edric

24. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Ok to answer some if not all your questions...

Commander Adama's career in the military was not particularly proactive in a regular consistant way. Most likely a young William Adama either joined the Colonial military as a volunteer or was subscripted by the war effort during the first Cylon War.
    After his stint was over or the war ended he dropped out of the military.

He and a young Saul Tigh then joined the 'merchant marine' fleet. They served on a civilian tanker ship. Later Adama and Tigh rejoined the military. This was presented in an episode as flashback. This history of career jumping is why Adama is behind in rank in comparison to the younger Caine.

She was a proactive go-getter. She rose quickly through the ranks. She stayed consistant in the military. That is why she is an admiral before Adama. It is not uncommon for U.S. Navy captains to be in their late 20s or early 30s. IF they have the 'right stuff'.

Technically speaking Commander Adama was not in command over the civilian rag-tag fleet after the fall of the colonies. The president is in command of the rag-tag fleet. Adama is only in command of the Galactica. Now that Caine is dead and he has been promoted to the rank of admiral he is only in command of two MILITARY ships. So really no narrative problems exist on this topic.

President Roslin can not just drop Admiral Caine in rank. She would have to have solid evidence that Caine is unfit for her rank. No evidence existed for her or Adama to use. Even if this route had been taken it would be a lost cause because of 'red tape' and timing issues. Even a president must respect the rule of law, chain of command, and simple due process.

Roslin and Adama came to dislike Caine. That's a personality conflict and not enough to replace her. Even if proof of Caine's pirating of civilian ships came to the general public spotlight I doubt she'd be bumped from admiral. Why? Too many would defend her saying she was acting on basic survival motives for a grander cause...the striking back against the Cylons. Only a well stocked and well armed and well fed Battlestar/crew can hope to do that.

25. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Oh one other thing from an earlier topic of concern...

Just what did Baltar say while looking at that molecule symbol in the commercial for this week's new episode?

It was not genome as I thought, but rather I think it was...

? amalgamate ?

Not entirely sure what this means. But I seem to remember such a word being used in connection to stem cell research? Anybody a biology or medical student? Can you share your knowledge?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.