main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Battlestar Galactica 2005 discussion thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Ulkesh2, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    An amalgamate is a verb for amalgam which means "to combine as a new entity" so Dr. Baltar is referring to the half human/cylon in Sharon as one.

DC and Marvel had a joint venture and created Alamgamation where they took to Marvel and DC characters and comined them. I remember Superman being merged with Captain America and he was Super America, or something.

Definately something else than a gas station. :)

Also don't give the word amalgamate any special distinction other than it is in fact a combination of a human and a cylon. Dr. Baltar, being a scientist, would use that word in place of half-breed not for fear of it being misunderstood for a derogatory racial but that the Cylon "race" is not considerd a race. But toasters.

2. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    The molecule could be used to save the President. Kinda like stem cells.

3. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Half-breed would've been really nice of them to use for those of us who AREN'T biologists who watch Sci-Fi :p

4. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Well I tried a little experiment...[face_thinking]

I went into the kitcken and looked at the family toaster. I begged it not to kill me. I held it gently and cradled it. I spoke sweet nothings to it. I said to my family toaster you are not just a machine. But a thing made of star stuff...just like me. Further I told the family toaster it deserves to live. It deserves to make a life for itself beyond the hardships of burning my toast in the morning. I took the family toaster to the front door. There I opened said door. I then took the family toaster to the front yard. I placed it in the snow. I went back inside the house. Before I shut the front door I took one last look at the family toaster. Now it may have been the tears in my eyes or light glinting off the snow, but that beloved family toaster seemed a little bit more shiny. Yes more shiny and more happy. And just maybe my small gesture of toaster emancipation will circulate. Maybe I helped prevent a terrible war between Humans and Machines. Yes I may have helped us avoid a calamity that would make Maximum Overdrive look like a bad afterschool special. Goodbye my toaster. Goodbye my friend.
    :_|

5. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002

Show of hands, who else had a REALLY BAD FEELING at this point in the post? :p

6. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    I [face_love] a shiny toaster!

7. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Quick somebody play that TOAST song from the Bob and Tom Show!

8. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    frack frack frack frackafrackafrack frack frackafrackafrack frackafrack frack frack

YEAAAAAAAAAH TOAAAAAAST

9. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Ahhh yeah...the TOAST song. Right next to Dana Carvey's Broccoli song from SNL.

[face_whistling]

10. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    she'chop'in'bro'co'liii
    chop'in'bro'co'li
    cho'pin'bro'co'laaa
    cho'pin'bro'co'laaaaaaaa

11. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    8-}

Back to the topic of BG...

I have posted my theory about Baltar's invisible Six being the revised version of Iblis onto a BG fansite. There has been a fair amount of shocked skepticism. You know the old "oh my god that's not true!" type statements. But some more astute viewers/readers have said I do have a convincing body of evidence. Like for example the Six Baltar knew on Caprica was named NATASI. You turn that name around and you get I SATAN. And that boys and girls was who Iblis was in the classic show. Gender change is nothing new in this version of BG. The Iblis entity has adopted the form of Baltar's Six so it can better manipulate him. You can find my posts about this topic at...

galacticastation.com

Look for items by...

IblisIsNatasi

I just love a good debate.

:D

12. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    CIC ANNOUNCEMENT:

Latest Internet 'scuttlebutt' is that a BG spin-off show is in the early stages of development.

The working title for the potential series is Battlefield Caprica. It is to follow the adventures of the Human Insurgency Movement on the Human colony world of Caprica. The leader of this movement to reinsert Human dominance is none other than Classic BG actor Dirk Benedict (played the male Starbuck). The character he is to play has a code name. It is 'Father'. Seems the episodes from the BG series dealing with the H.I.M. were foreshadowing for this spin-off series.

Now keep in mind this is Internet 'scuttlebutt'. Not official news from Sci-Fi Channel. However it does seem to fit a hint from six months ago. SFC was in talks with Mr. Benedict's agent regarding a possible role on the Revised BG. If that indeed happened then maybe this Battlefield Caprica might come to be. It certainly sounds like a viable plan. The original Stargate is aging. The Altantis series is so-so. Might Revised BG be followed by it's own spin-off? Time will tell.

IN OTHER NEWS...

Have you heard the word that Japan has an infestation/invasion of giant Jellyfish-like creatures? No joke.

13. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Sorry, still having disturbing toaster fantasies with a fresh loaf of dakota bread from Golden Harvest and a pound of honey-butter. After which our chrome-plated offspring burst forth and subdue those evil low-carb dieters.

14. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    Support free range toasters!!!

15. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
  16. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Did you see the one where they were all in the space ships and it was all PEW PEW PEW and some stuff blew up, but it was in space so it was all pew pew pew (not that loud). And then that guy got blowed up, and it was all, OMG! Is he dead? But, he wasn't. And then that big thing just went PERKSH-POW and it was on fire!?

That was cool. Yah.

17. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    ummmm... yeah.

So say we all.

18. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002

*slap* :p

19. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    That big toaster ship done blowed up real good! How's come all Stacky's message is ..... and such? He say somthing nasty agin?

20. TC517

May 14, 2001
    Bad Stacky. Very. Very. Bad. [face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you]

Not good.

21. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    No, that was "disturbed pause" :p

22. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    dIsTuRbEd

DiStUrBeD

distURBED

DISTurbed

dEbRuTsId

DeBrUtSiD

GF FO&R&%R ^% IFUGTUDREA#%QA%& DYCKDFZRRWAZA&%E E$^ E$^ d76tf 86pag798T ^S %WS*^E ^(% e&p068q2 eyygR&% E($ re2w

23. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002

24. TC517

May 14, 2001
    All Hail the slap-Wilhelmus!

25. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Glove slap! Baby glove slap! Glove slap! I don't take crap!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.