main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlestar Galactica-Blood & Chrome-So Say We All

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Whew. I almost panicked there -- still no organized groups of costumed freaks yet. ;)

2. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
  3. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    OH no...Zoom is going to be devastated!

4. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Whew. Almost had me there. I know a few people with BSG gear already, and a couple that still make the props. I would've gone for the old skool Viper outfit, [fabulous]but those bomber jackets just NEVER looked good on me[/fabulous].

But them new skool Viper outfits are suh-weet.

5. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Classic BSG props available here

6. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    you know one of the new cylones...wow that would be an amazing costume. especially considering they are CGI. :)

7. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
  8. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Finally got around to watching 33 last night. Good episode, although from a plot standpoint, you'd think they woulda figured out much sooner that there had to be a mole in order for the Cylons to continually match their jump coordinates.

I'm curious to see how the whole Cy-Boomer thing plays out.

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Richard Hatch guest stars tonight...wasn't he at starfest? was it this year or last?

10. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
  11. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    yeah, this definatly isn't your old BSG. A lot more violent then before. I was shocked with that part in last nights episode... but it was cool to see the original Apollo on the screen with the new apollo. I wonder if face will show up.

12. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Ok...couple of things.

I had a friend call me on saturday and told me they were airing BSG on USA. so i you don't get the SciFi channel you could catch them there.

ALSO, this week's episode was great! i have to say this is fast becoming one of my highlights of the week, as far as television goes.

the part when starbuck opened up the cylon ship and it was 'alive' that was about gross...but highly interesting

13. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Hm. Darn. I missed it. Was hunting Krayt dragons. I missed SG-1 and that other show, too. Not too bummed about missing BSG, but I wanted to see SG-1.

14. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    TiVo, you will never miss anything again, and never watch TV the same :D

15. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Well, I didn't have to be hunting Krayts, but right now there's really no show out there that gets me all hot and squishy enough to even tape it when I'm out. There's always reruns, and if not, a buddy at work has shown me the magic of Netflix. :D

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    TiVo is your friend. i was watching the game at deborah's yesterday and wanted to 'rewind it' and i was like OH man! you get spoiled.

17. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Still haven't watched my old school VHS tape from Friday night w/BSG/SG-1/Atlantis on it.

18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    you are so behind the times. ;)

19. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    If anyone happens to TiVo BSG, could you save me a copy of the season? The last one I caught was at the end of January, and I am REALLY missing this show. I don't care about anything else on TV that I'm missing, but I love the new BSG. I think this one has a lot of potential.

20. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Anyone interested in speculating on who the other cylons-in-disguize might be? We've only ID'ed four of the 12 models, after all. I've got a theory on one...

21. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    I like the biotechnological Cylon fighters. Although, I'm not sure why such a configuration would require MANUAL control rods in the 'cockpit'?????

I suppose the ships could've been originally built for actual Cylon Centurion occupants, and then kinda retro-fitted to the bio-organism.

22. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    T-i have been as well...

There are
    -Six
    -Boomer
    -the crazy guy
    -the reporter guy

is that all of them

ooh the ship thing, i thought that was nasty...but those are pretty creepy.

i was thinking about the special effects...when Hilo was watching the cylon thru the glass...i was thinking wow...this is movie quality effects.

:)

23. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    SS...Yeah, I kinda wonder the same things about why battle droids need steering handles for their droids carriers and triggers on their guns. :D

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    SCI FI Channel has ordered a second season of its hit series Battlestar Galactica, which has aired five episodes of its first season of 13 episodes. Details of the renewal?including which cast members will return, how many episodes will be produced and when the second season will commence?were still being worked out at press time.

Battlestar Galactica has been a ratings winner for SCI FI since its Jan. 14 premiere. The latest episode, Feb. 4's "You Can't Go Home Again," scored the show's best ratings yet, with 3.2 million viewers.

For the show's second season, creator and executive producer Ronald D. Moore previously told SCI FI Wire that he has already been working on as many as six new scripts to resolve the multiple cliffhangers that will end season one. Moore added that he wants to delve deeper into the show's religious themes and open up the Cylon world a bit more in the coming season. Moore continues to post his thoughts on a personal blog on SCIFI.COM. Battlestar Galactica airs Fridays at 10 p.m. ET/PT, part of the channel's SCI FI Fridays lineup.

25. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I got caught up on episodes last week when they aired the marathon on Tuesday.

I'm still acquiring a taste for it, but the last couple of episodes have been a complete kick in the tootheses as far as drama. WOW. It's like taking every tense moment from some of the better shows and cramming them into one. I actually enjoyed the last 2 episodes.

And now I'm on a quest to find dull-coat OD-green urethane coated fabric so I can make a Viper flightsuit for Starfest. I've got some in black, but those special colors are hard to find.