main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlestar Galactica-Blood & Chrome-So Say We All

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    *realizes that of all things, he hasn't checked his favorite upholstery store to see if they have it, or can special order it, and runs out the door*

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    denver fabrics is having a huge sale this weekend...at the annex stores. :)

it is a percentage off by colors! :)

3. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Mission unsuccessful.

If I'm allowed to go worship Cthulhu this weekend, I might have to check Denver Fabrics.

Otherwise it's back to pestering online places...

4. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    OK, I know I just posted this in another thread, but I gotta post it here...

Nobody else caught that they showed multiple copies of Boomer running around with the Cylons in the mini-series that they aired last year??? It's in the last few minutes. Go back and watch. Rachel and I have known since the series started. :D

5. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Nevermind. I just saw that MA had posted on that. LOL.

I think they showed all of the other models of Cylons, too.

6. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Darn. Shouldn't have posted in this thread. Now I'm going to spend the day looking for dull green urethane coated fabric...

7. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Made some progress in my web searches...but now being dragged out to go to Hobby Lobby...

8. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Everyone should look at the March issue of Maxim

yummy

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    uhm who is in it?

10. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I think this is what she means:

http://www.maximonline.com/girls_of_maxim/html/girl_1108.html

11. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I love Cylons.

12. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    you got it!

13. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    they need a hot guy cylon. :) the guys haven't been much to look at.

14. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Bleh. Go back to your messy hair guy on Atlantis. They don't have even remotely cute chicks on that show. We're even. LOL.

I finally got a response from the closest possibility to having the fabric...and...and...

Nope.

They gave me a couple links on where to buy all kinds of vinyls, PVCs, and stretch vinyls for clothing, and they carry every single color of the rainbow, some that haven't even been created yet, but no green that's even close to a military green.

15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i totally think shepard is hot. in fact when i was watching atlantis this past friday...i was like HECK yeah i like his messy hair. tall, dark and handsome...nice brown hair....

ok. well the ladies have dr. jackson and major shepard...i GUESS you guys can have blond cylon chick (six)...and boomer though i don't get that one.

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Ok i have to say...this is probably the highlight of SciFi Friday for me.

i still love stargate, but this show is so intense...and you have NO idea what the plan of the cylons are...which is nice to keep us guessing.

what are anyone else's thoughts?

17. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm really enjoying the new BSG. It is VERY character-driven. I like the Cylons' affinity for 'God' and how that serves to motivate their actions, as opposed to just mindless-killing machines.

Although, the garden-variety Cylons do bear a striking resemblance to GL's Super Battle Droids....

Me likey dissun hissun show!

18. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Anyone who's fought a Super Battle Droid in SWG more than ohhh...100 times over the last couple of months knows why they should be feared. LOL.

I'm really loving BSG. The drama's enough to make me giddy by the end of the show -- just ask Rachel.

19. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I totally think shepard is hot.

Oh, my, yes. [face_love]

I missed getting back to this thread earlier, regarding speculation on human-form Cylons...

Blacked out, since this is speculation. So, one of my theories is that Gyus is a Cylon, one of the ones that doesn't know it. They've really emphasised the whole thing about Galacrica-Boomer not knowing that she's a Cylon, to the point of putting it in the opening sequence. What if that's a diversion, to some extent? I mean, I'm sure she's a cylon, but maybe they're focusing on her to divert attention from other possibilities? Gyus being a Cylon could explain how he somehow sees and hears his personal Six - it might be some sort of Cylon communication thing. It could also explain how he seems to know things at times. I'm not saying I think he has to be a Cylon... just that it would be an interesting possibility.

20. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Can we dismiss the Boomer thing as "speculation". It's definite, she's a Cylon, it's not a secret, it's in the opening credits, it's established.

As far as speculation about Baltar, it's possible, I just think it's less interesting as an idea that the fact that he's the human the that's selling out the human race, that's what makes him fascinating, if he's a Cylon than it's less so to me.

Me and Amy have been doing a lot of speculating about the visions though, i'm curious to know what people think about that, his imagination, or direct messages from the Cylons? An implant?

21. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, or if it sounded like I was saying Boomer-Cylon was speculation. I didn't say that Boomer being a Cylon was speculation, not at all. It is extremely well established that she is. My point was the fact that G-Boomer doesn't know she's a Cylon is emphasised to such an extext that I have to wonder whether they're trying to get people to focus on that so much that they forget there could be other people who are Cylons but don't know it. A diversion, in a way, created by the writers. Then we'd be more surprised if someone else turned out to be a hidden Cylon as well. *shrug* And I'm not saying this is the case... I just thought of it as a possible senario. I'm also not saying that I necessarily think Baltar is a Cylon, or that I wanted him to be - just that the possibility occured to me, especially as one explanation for his visions. They already suggested the implant, and it's a good possibility... but that hasn't been confirmed, and again, I have to wonder if it's a misdirection.

22. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Sorry, I wasn't referring specifically to your post on the Boomer thing, but rather to discussion earlier in the thread. People seemed to be making it sound like a spoiler.

23. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Bump. Episode-prior-to-Season Finale airs tonight.

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    not that i am trying to be a brat (well no more then usual)...but i don't think that is actually the case.

25. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002